biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Color: BrownChange

on March 11, 2014
I purchased 3 sets of these. 1 set for myself and 2 for Christmas gifts. I returned 2 sets because they were split when I received them. I decided to get the 1 set for myself replaced and give them a chance.. thinking maybe it was a bad batch. I have now had them for a couple of use and sorry to say.. these have split too... should have just returned all 3. These look nice but even babying them ... hand washing and oiling..... they do not stand up.
on January 10, 2012
Good value for the price. Would be more usefull if a little larger. Made a great Christmas gift this year.
on March 17, 2015
I don't normally write reviews for things but even with proper care and careful handling, the largest and most useful of the cutting boards (to me) split in half after a month or two. Judging by other reviews, this is fairly common.

They're cheap for a reason. The mid-sized and small ones seem to last (so far) but if you're looking for a solid large cutting board, look elsewhere.
on June 17, 2015
I don't know what the life expectancy of a bamboo cutting board is, but I feel like it shouldn't be 6 months. We bought the recommended mineral oil, we cleaned them properly, we stored and dried them properly, and the bigger two are still warping. My wife's mother has been using the same wood cutting board for twenty years and it's in perfect condition, and she never oils it. I guess I was expecting the same from this, but it was nowhere near.

For the price they look nice and they work, but don't expect to get more than 6 months out of them before they start warping and eventually splitting in half.
on February 2, 2014
If you want your bamboo cutting boards to last, be prepared to oil them every week. These items were as described, but without the proper care, are quickly becoming dry and brittle.
on August 8, 2014
I decided it was time to replace all of my old cutting boards. This bamboo product is not only attractive, it is slim, sturdy and very easy to store. As per the instructions I (periodically) cover them with oil after washings to maintain the wood. The shape and sizes are a perfect combination for small to very large tasks. Their appearance is even good enough to serve from. I am very impressed and would not hesitate to purchase them again, but due to the quality I won't have to for quite some time.
on January 18, 2014
Boards are not too thin or thick (unfortunately). Bamboo has a soft texture in comparison to other woods, but if your are careful enough it should last for couple of years at least. I would not pay for this set $38.50 in the store, but since it arrived and we live in a distant location, I kept it. Going to change it for a thicker and harder wood board later.
on March 6, 2014
I got these for Christmas so I've only been using them for a few months. My large cutting board is already very warped from me setting a hot pot on it. I used to do that all the time with my old cutting board and never had that problem. My old board was about 4 times thicker than these though.
on September 16, 2015
These are working out very well. However, they were a bit smelly at first, but the odor dissipated over 2 to 3 days.
However, you might want to consider that if giving as a gift. We use the different sizes for different foods. Large for meat, medium for veggies and small for cheese.
on November 23, 2015
Very surprised at the poor quality of wood for a company that specializes in bamboo. Despite being treated several times with mineral oil, the boards splintered the first time I used them. Totally waste of money since I waited too long to return them and now it's too late.