5.0 out of 5 stars Great device!
Published on June 25 2011 by Tammerz

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible working Product
Bought one, 6 weeks later had to write Amazon for a replacement due to product functioning so badly.
Amazon was great and sent another one.
9 months later the unit has slowly deteriorated and now won't even start.
One of the worst product I have ever used and an expensive Loss of money!
Published 22 months ago by Midnight Angel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device!, June 25 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Gourmet Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups BKC700XL (Kitchen)
I have used this for over a year now & can't imagine life before the Breville. If you don't want to be spoiled or spoil your guests by whipping up a variety of 'tailor' made coffee & tea beverages in an instant, then stay away from this chic machine. Remember you don't need to buy the k-cups to have variety, you can use your own blend & add more for a stronger cup for you & less for someone who would like theirs milder, buy some fresh ground flavors etc. You won't want to go back to the 10-15min 'one pot fits all' method, that's just so 2009....

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial review, Feb. 17 2012
Having used this product for a week now, I can confidently say I'm going to enjoy it for a long time. I'm currently drinking a cup of Gloria Jean's Hazelnut coffee and it's brewed to perfection in just a couple minutes (boiling and brewing).

Features I like so far:

1) The quality of the product, from the stainless steel finish to how it operates.
2) It boils and brews so quickly and quietly!
3) Detailed instructions.
4) 12 k-cups to start; they're all different so you can "taste test".
5) Cleaning seems very efficient. It comes with a filter in case you are planning on using water straight from the tap. Even if there's a lot of mineral build-up over 6 months or so, the cleaning method seems quick and easy.

One little snag:

After buying, friends recommended I register @ Keurig.com for a free sample pack of k-cups. This only works for Keurig brewers, not for Breville's version. So *sigh* no more free k-cups for me. Keurig.com does have a good free membership sorta dealie where you gain points for ordering k-cups and that can go towards discounts on swag such as future brewers. Oh, and you can still register the brewer @ Breville's website for warranty purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Breville single cup brewer BKC700XL, Dec 14 2010
Nancy B. "Mystery Lover" (West Central Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent single cup brewer and it looks beautiful on a kitchen counter. I have had mine for 9 months and it's the best kitchen appliance choice that I have ever made. After using this machine and enjoying the incredible variety of K-cups (coffees, teas, hot cocoa) I can't imagine ever having to go back to my old drip coffee maker, especially through the holiday season when friends and family are gathered. There are so many choices, not just one kind of coffee or tea or hot chocolate! Everyone gets to choose whatever hot or cold drink they would like, and the strength and size as well. The supreme quality of the coffees and teas that it makes is beyond question. There are mild, medium, bold, extra bold and flavoured coffees to choose from. For tea drinkers, the various teas are delicious and it's impossible to tell they've not been made from loose tea in a 'Brown Betty' pot.
The only con to this single cup brewer: it's pricey, although much less so at Amazon.ca, but believe me, it's worth it! It's a solid, heavy machine--obviously not plastic but metal (note the shipping weight). I even took mine to the cabin this summer--just couldn't be without it!
If you are looking for the perfect Christmas gift, or you'd like to pamper yourself and replace your dinosaur of a coffee maker, I strongly suggest you try the Breville BKC700XL Single Cup Brewer. I notice that Amazon.ca offers not only a very good price but you can also add the 30 k-cup carousel. However, you don't need to opt for the reusable filter because your Breville already comes with one in the lid! I hope my review encourages others to try it. My friends have loved mine so much that three of them have gone out and bought their own, and one is giving them as gifts to her siblings this Christmas! Thank you Amazon.ca for allowing me to brag about my Breville. I love it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars My Youbrew doesn't like this... , but *I* do!, Oct. 11 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
So far, so good. This unit is a replacement for a 'reconditioned' unit that did *not* live up to its reputation...

It is quiet, quick, and trouble-free, and the portion size (fl. oz) is correct every time.

Needless to say, it is also extremely convenient; I have not had to make a pot of coffee (Breville Youbrew) since the day I unpacked this unit.

One caveat, however; I wish that the 'strength' of the coffee at the 12 oz. setting was, well, stronger. Even when I fill the K-cup reusable filter to the top, I don't get the sense that I am getting the full 'hit' for the amount of coffee involved...

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed a new coffee maker, Jan. 17 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
After my Tassimo started leaking I asked a friend about his machine. He is a choosy coffee drinker and recommended the Breville.
Got the Carousel and the K cup reusable coffee filter together with it as a package. Good price too and delivered in two days which pleased us no end.
So we love our new coffee machine. It is simple to use, does not drip or splash coffee. The coffee is hot and tasty. I like the personal filter as one can drink your own ground coffee also. A good saving!
We bought the stainless steel model which fits nicely with our other kitchen pieces.
I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this product!, April 29 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Love it! Delicious, warm brew! Looks great with my stainless kitchen decor! Well-made. Very happy with this product! Would recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as a Kcup brewer can be (and there's more to that story)......, Jan. 20 2015
County Loyalist (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I own almost every type of coffee maker there is, and the coffee from pods or Kcups will never be as robust and flavourful as that which is brewed in a french press, vacuum, electric drip or mocha maker BUT convenience and cleanup is huge for busy work mornings. Bought this before KEURIG decided to get greedy and put scan readers into their machines. Am very happy I did so as it is attractive, a little less noisy than the Keurig, makes a concentrated HOT iced coffee brew that you chill by pouring into glass with ice (the real reason I bought it and now Keurig has this feature) and multiple pourings from cup to mug sized. The limitation of these coffee makers is that one Kcup can't possibly deliver the same coffee taste when 6, 8, 10 or 12 oz of water is poured through one coffee Kcup, so the brand of KCup purchased is very important. Few Kcups are up to the 12 oz serving, I find I will often use two Kcups to get a large mug or travel mug of coffee using two 8 oz settings. The iced coffee setting works well but provides a small glass of iced coffee, if you are used to Starbucks Venti sized drinks you will be again using two or three Kcups to get the same result. When Kcups can cost anywhere from 0.35 to 0.75/cup, this means you are often paying almost as much as at a coffee drive through. (Personally, I find the San Francisco Bay Fog Chaser the best kcup with the least amount of packaging and a good dark roast flavour even on the largest cup setting). The Breville provides a coffee that is far better than instant or a pot that has sat on its element or vacuum holder for a few hours, has Breville's sleek look and easy upkeep and is an asset to my "coffee bench" where my Mokamaker, Breville espresso and Bodum french press reside. Bottom line, a cup of Kcup coffee is long on convenience and short on perfection, much like frozen french fries you make at home versus the kind a professional kitchen produces. It's okay, but weekends you will likely want to give in to your coffee urgings and brew a real pot.

In short, the five stars reflect the quality of Breville's machine as a good kcup brewer, but not the quality of the coffee kcup brewers make.

5.0 out of 5 stars My fave coffee machine., June 8 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Love it. Looks great and works like a charm. Breville always makes good products. I use ekobrew in it everyday, and never any spills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still in use after all this time, Jan. 16 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought this for my co-workers, we spend hours with clients on the phone and don't always have the luxury to run over to the machine in the cafeteria. I thought this would be appreciated and I was right. We use it daily and our teams spirit has gone from good to great. Of course it could be the caffeine talking.
8 )

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, very quiet, looks good on the counter, Jan. 14 2015
P. Wang (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
this machine is the highest end you can buy for a keurig - it looks super sleek and offers many customizable settings - most of them are available on cheaper models, while the rest (for example, brewing temperature) doesn't really matter.

This machine operates very quietly compared to the regular kind. If you have $100 more to spend or wants it for your stainless kitchen, go for it. Otherwise a regular model will do. There are many models to choose from, and they are at least $100 cheaper.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›