5.0 out of 5 stars Great device!
Published on June 25 2011 by Tammerz

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible working Product
Bought one, 6 weeks later had to write Amazon for a replacement due to product functioning so badly.
Amazon was great and sent another one.
9 months later the unit has slowly deteriorated and now won't even start.
One of the worst product I have ever used and an expensive Loss of money!
Published 17 months ago by Midnight Angel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device!, June 25 2011
This review is from: Breville Gourmet Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups BKC700XL (Kitchen)
I have used this for over a year now & can't imagine life before the Breville. If you don't want to be spoiled or spoil your guests by whipping up a variety of 'tailor' made coffee & tea beverages in an instant, then stay away from this chic machine. Remember you don't need to buy the k-cups to have variety, you can use your own blend & add more for a stronger cup for you & less for someone who would like theirs milder, buy some fresh ground flavors etc. You won't want to go back to the 10-15min 'one pot fits all' method, that's just so 2009....

5.0 out of 5 stars The Breville single cup brewer BKC700XL, Dec 14 2010
Nancy N. Baker "Mystery Lover" (West Central Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent single cup brewer and it looks beautiful on a kitchen counter. I have had mine for 9 months and it's the best kitchen appliance choice that I have ever made. After using this machine and enjoying the incredible variety of K-cups (coffees, teas, hot cocoa) I can't imagine ever having to go back to my old drip coffee maker, especially through the holiday season when friends and family are gathered. There are so many choices, not just one kind of coffee or tea or hot chocolate! Everyone gets to choose whatever hot or cold drink they would like, and the strength and size as well. The supreme quality of the coffees and teas that it makes is beyond question. There are mild, medium, bold, extra bold and flavoured coffees to choose from. For tea drinkers, the various teas are delicious and it's impossible to tell they've not been made from loose tea in a 'Brown Betty' pot.
The only con to this single cup brewer: it's pricey, although much less so at Amazon.ca, but believe me, it's worth it! It's a solid, heavy machine--obviously not plastic but metal (note the shipping weight). I even took mine to the cabin this summer--just couldn't be without it!
If you are looking for the perfect Christmas gift, or you'd like to pamper yourself and replace your dinosaur of a coffee maker, I strongly suggest you try the Breville BKC700XL Single Cup Brewer. I notice that Amazon.ca offers not only a very good price but you can also add the 30 k-cup carousel. However, you don't need to opt for the reusable filter because your Breville already comes with one in the lid! I hope my review encourages others to try it. My friends have loved mine so much that three of them have gone out and bought their own, and one is giving them as gifts to her siblings this Christmas! Thank you Amazon.ca for allowing me to brag about my Breville. I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial review, Feb. 17 2012
Having used this product for a week now, I can confidently say I'm going to enjoy it for a long time. I'm currently drinking a cup of Gloria Jean's Hazelnut coffee and it's brewed to perfection in just a couple minutes (boiling and brewing).

Features I like so far:

1) The quality of the product, from the stainless steel finish to how it operates.
2) It boils and brews so quickly and quietly!
3) Detailed instructions.
4) 12 k-cups to start; they're all different so you can "taste test".
5) Cleaning seems very efficient. It comes with a filter in case you are planning on using water straight from the tap. Even if there's a lot of mineral build-up over 6 months or so, the cleaning method seems quick and easy.

One little snag:

After buying, friends recommended I register @ Keurig.com for a free sample pack of k-cups. This only works for Keurig brewers, not for Breville's version. So *sigh* no more free k-cups for me. Keurig.com does have a good free membership sorta dealie where you gain points for ordering k-cups and that can go towards discounts on swag such as future brewers. Oh, and you can still register the brewer @ Breville's website for warranty purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars My fave coffee machine., June 8 2014
Love it. Looks great and works like a charm. Breville always makes good products. I use ekobrew in it everyday, and never any spills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this product!, April 29 2014
Love it! Delicious, warm brew! Looks great with my stainless kitchen decor! Well-made. Very happy with this product! Would recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed a new coffee maker, Jan. 17 2014
After my Tassimo started leaking I asked a friend about his machine. He is a choosy coffee drinker and recommended the Breville.
Got the Carousel and the K cup reusable coffee filter together with it as a package. Good price too and delivered in two days which pleased us no end.
So we love our new coffee machine. It is simple to use, does not drip or splash coffee. The coffee is hot and tasty. I like the personal filter as one can drink your own ground coffee also. A good saving!
We bought the stainless steel model which fits nicely with our other kitchen pieces.
I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still in use after all this time, Jan. 16 2014
I bought this for my co-workers, we spend hours with clients on the phone and don't always have the luxury to run over to the machine in the cafeteria. I thought this would be appreciated and I was right. We use it daily and our teams spirit has gone from good to great. Of course it could be the caffeine talking.
8 )

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, Dec 6 2011
Just received my Breville today. The brewer was well packaged, no breakage due to shipment. Just set it up to enjoy a nice cup of coffee. However, you'll receive 12 K-cups, not 18 like it says on the product page.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, Jan. 13 2014
WE LOVE OUR BREVILLE SINGLE BREWER. IT MATCHES NICELY WITH OUR BREVILLE CONVECTION/TOASTER OVEN. THE BREWER WORKS WITH GREAT EASE...IT'S WONDERFUL HAVING A COFFEE OR TEA WITHIN SECONDS. I HAVE TWO IMPORTANT TIPS TO PASS ALONG. 1- MAKE SURE YOU RUN ABOUT 3 TO 4 FULL WATER RESEVOIRS THROUGH THE MACHINE BEFORE USING OTHERWISE YOU WILL TASTE THE NEWNESS OF THE MACHINE IN THE IN THE TEA AND TIP NUMBER 2- MAKE SURE YOU DESCALE THE MACHINE AT LEAST EVERY 4 TO 6 MONTHS BECAUSE IF NOT IT WILL CEASE UP ON YOU AND STOP WORKING. tHIS IS OUR SECOND MACHINE. THE FIRST ONE WE HAD FOR OVER 2 YEARS AND NEVER DESCALED IT ONCE AND THEN ONE DAY IT STOPPED WORKING. WE HAD TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE DESCALING PROCESS. WE THEN TRIED DESCALING IT 5 DIFFERENT TIMES BUT TO NO AVAIL....WE HAD TO CALL IT QUITS AND WENT AND BOUGHT A NEW ONE. BIG LESSON LEARNED...DESCALE WHEN YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO...YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product - both in looks and performance., Dec 11 2013
product works as described and looks great on the coffee bar. was looking for a Keurig product that also had a hot water dispenser but couldn't seem to find one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›