4.0 out of 5 stars So fun!
Published on Dec 9 2009 by Lyra Tallis

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it unless you like glitches
Published on Aug. 21 2012 by Michel Berube

4.0 out of 5 stars So fun!, Dec 9 2009
Lyra Tallis (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack - Standard Edition (DVD-ROM)
Love the expansion! The martial arts skill is hilarious (watching sims try to practice with the dummy is super funny) and I like the nectar (read: wine) making skill. The photography one is only ok. The 3 locations are well done. The puzzles are hardly that and are just ok. Cool that you can buy vacation homes. As per usual, ea games has done a good job. Plus there's a bunch of free stuff you can download with the expansion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it unless you like glitches, Aug. 21 2012
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this first expansion pack with joy (not from amazon though, but to install it I had to uninstall another expansion pack I bought earlier this year (The Sims 3 Generations (in French)).When I first played the Sims 3 World Adventures on my PC I still had a game saved with Generations, I made my sim travel to Egypt with her two daughters and when they arrived, they were invisible and they had no family funds so I had to delete my game. This was my last sims 3 Generations game that was saved on my PC. After I deleted that game, I started many with World Adventures but they never worked because they had many massive glitches that wrecked such a beautiful game, here's the list of all the glitches that have happened to me and I know lots more players have experienced more and worse glitches that I did...
-If your sim marries a sim in a foreign country and this foreign sim moves in with your current sim,there is a high chance that your current sim will be cloned but will not live in the same household, the clone sim will be the one married to the foreign sim.
-If you make all the sims in your household travel to a foreign country, there is a high chance that most of them won't interact or do anything at all, this glitch is also very similar to the glitch where you travel to Egypt and your sim can't do anything at all (they can't even die, they will smell, starve, be exhausted and cranky)
-If your sim feels tired and wants to sleep on a bed, there is a slight chance that your sim will be sleeping for only a few minutes and then be teleported somewhere else in the household.
(BE AWARE THESE GLITCHES CAN HAPPEN VERY OFTEN!)

This was the bad thing I had to say about it now the good thing:
I have to admit that I was blown away when I first saw these three countries (France, China and Egypt), I loved the fact that you have special quests in every country and also special items that can only be purchased and /or found in a particular country. I loved to meet other sims from other countries (because it gets pretty boring to play with the same sims over and over),I loved tomb raiding and all the other items that can be purchased in Buy Mode or worn in Create A Sim.

...because of the many glitches this expansion pack had I was forced to uninstall it to make my sim playing enjoyable again, now it's been three weeks that I have uninstalled that expansion pack and I miss it a lot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, April 22 2011
Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
It's a decent expansion pack. I bought it last because the other ones are more fun however my only problem is that it caused a lot of issues and I had to uninstall everything a few times and reinstall all over again.

Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack - Standard Edition
Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack - Standard Edition by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X, Windows Vista / XP)
CDN$ 44.99 CDN$ 19.99