5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, Nov. 18 2009
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: God of War: Collection - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
Brilliant indeed. Oh, I'm not referring to the games, though they are pretty good too, but to this idea of putting them together on one blu-ray in anticipation of the March 2010 release of God of War III. God of War 3 buzz will make people (like me) that didn't play the prequels on the PS2 itch to play them - so GoW 3 will sell this GoW Collection; and people that buy the collection because it's an exclusive, good, inexpensive 2-4-1 game will get a peek at the GoW 3 demo and voila - the GoW Collection will sell GoW 3.

You do get the two games GoW and GoW 2 for the price you'd pay to buy them nowadays for the PS2 - so this is really excellent value. The games' visuals have been cleaned up -- but don't expect miracles, this is still very much inferior to even the average PS3 game produced by a lazy developer. You also get some extras for GoW2, and as I mentioned before, the GoW 3 E3 demo - which is kinda cool. And for those who care (I do) there are 2 platinum trophies (one for each game); so even if you enjoyed this on the PS2, here's another incentive to play them again.

I've only put in some 2.5 hrs in the original GoW. It's a bit of a button masher, which I don't mind; quick-time events (press a certain button/sequence of buttons when prompted on screen) I do mind, and there's a lot of these, but the visceral visuals that they trigger are almost worth the pain of having to pulsate the O button on cue. Even cleaned up, GoW looks dated - but that could just be me getting spoiled by the excellent Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I wanna say that this is really a Zelda game built for an adult audience, but it feels more like it's a Zelda game built for a teenager audience. I'm sure I'll play through each of the 2 games at least twice, but the game brings to my mind how mean critics were (and based on sales, the general public matched that meanness) to Heavenly Sword when it came out, some 3 years ago; that game was essentially a GoW clone with beautiful graphics and excellent production values. Oh well.

In conclusion: you get two good games with minor visual updates, trophies, and a GoW 3 demo, for a bargain price. Brilliant.
I really hope this round-about way of getting backwards compatibility proves lucrative for Sony, and will lead to an Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection issued in anticipation of The Last Guardian. How 'bout that Sony? I bought your GoW collection, how about you make me a collection I really want? Heed my call Sony! Heed it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy!!!!, Nov. 23 2009
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you somehow missed out on these PS2 legends and you have a PS3, this game is a must buy. Frame-rate is good, looks and plays very good on HD as well. This collection is worth every cent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a deal!, Dec 16 2009
Nathan Poitras (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I never owned a PS2 and therefore never had to chance to own these two incredible games, so naturally I jumped at the chance to own them both on one disc for the dirt cheap price of $40. To say I'm not disappointed would be a huge understatement! Gorgeously updated HD graphics along with fantastic gameplay make this a must buy for anyone with a PS3! If you've played these titles on PS2, I think you'll enjoy all the improvements, if not, then get ready for God of War 1 and 2 in all it's bloody glory!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, Jan. 2 2013
Y. Gendreau "Teddy" (quebec, canada) - See all my reviews
God of war is one of the beast series on the Playstation.
It would easily conviced any Xbox fan to buy a playstation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-received Gift, Aug. 29 2012
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this game as a gift for my brother and he seemed very pleased with it. I asked him what he would rate it and he told me that overall he would rate it four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars God Of War Collection Rawkz, Oct. 12 2014
heyy this Game Kicks Butt 10/10 Fast Paced Action

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Dec 26 2010
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this game for me and my husband for christmas great game, my husband couldnt believe it was a used game

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome compilation!, Dec 15 2010
Q. T. Vo (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I never had a Playstation before this year (got a PS3 just a few weeks back) so I missed out on all these great games in the past! I knew that I always liked all of the GOW games simply because they all brought legends and mythology to life. I was blown away with this collection! The graphics have been tweaked to be displayed in HD as well! Sure, the texture and polygons are not up there with GOW3, but the games are still gripping and very well executed! A must-buy for any fan of action games! This trilogy only improved with each iteration! Best action series! Period!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, Nov. 26 2010
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great storyline and a decent price, good for those of us who didn't own a ps2 to play these games.

God of War: Collection - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
God of War: Collection - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 14.00