5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised
Excellent product for those who don't want to stick suction cups to their window. Those things fall off in high heat, anyway.

My dash is probably not the best for this product since it is slanted and slippery. Yet the mount stays on! Please note that it does shift a little over long periods of time, but it has never fallen off.

The best thing...
Published on Aug. 17 2012 by Thimble

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap!
there is no connector from the GPS to the stand, how chintzy is that? what would it cost them, $.50 ?
Published 9 months ago by Sherri King

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, Aug. 17 2012
This review is from: Garmin Portable Friction Mount - Frustration Free Packaging (Electronics)

The best thing about it is you can now easily reach the screen keys to type in your destination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Nov. 17 2010
I have owned a Garmin since the first model and have used portable friction dashboard mounts after frustration with the window suction mount. Firstly the suction mount likes neither hot nor cold weather and gradually peels off the windshield (I used to be in sales using the device every day). Secondly, my car was broken in to over night. The police said that the thieves were looking for my GPS as they could see the suction mount on the windshield. My car was trashed but nothing else taken, not even the ton of loose change. The dashboard portable friction mount is easily moved from car to car. I pack it to use in rental cars when I travel. I move it into the centre console when I get out of the car so it is out of sight. If the sun is very bright and I can't see the GPS, I can quickly move the dashboard friction mount so it is more visible. Having used the portable friction mount for a few years now, I would recommend it to everyone who owns a Garmin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Portable Friction Mount, Aug. 6 2012
This appears to do what it claims. It stays in place on the dash, does not leave telltale signs like the window mount and is easily removed and hidden from view.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sits anywhere, July 18 2012
I am very impressed. I bought it because my car dash is rounded and is full of curves and bumps and it very surprisingly sits almost anywhere in the car. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, Dec 5 2012
M.O. (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
great quality, price, performance, very easy to set up and to put away when not in use, practical can be put on any place in the dash( I have a rounded dash) and will sit still regardless of the speed the car is driving, I highly recommend the product, fast delivery, very happy with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised!!!, May 12 2012
Odysseus47 (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
We purchased the Garmin Mount for our trips to Arizona and Italy this year - for use with rental cars. We have a built in GPS in our Toyota. The original Garmin suction holder is such a nuisance because it is very difficult to affix to the windshield and then it falls off easily. The Friction Mount is very easy to set up and is very stable. It works like a charm, as per the earlier reviews on Amazon.com. So pleased to have found it. Would definitely recommend to others - and is only approx $20.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, easy to hide, fully adjustable, and stays where its put, Nov. 6 2013
nishi - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a great GPS mount. I can toss the GPS in the mount onto the dash where I want and tilt, twist, angle it to where I want. It stays put even on hard cornering or braking. I particularly like that when I go in shopping I can pick the GPS and mount off the dash and stuff it under my seat so it's not tempting to steal. I took off one star because you need the C-shaped plastic part that holds onto your GPS. It pushes onto the ball on the mount. Garmin does not seem to sell these, but you can find them on eBay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin GPS Bean Bag, July 19 2012
What's not to like. It's an actual Garmin product, of excellent build quality and sits on the dash like it's supposed to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin portable friction mount, Jan. 31 2012
Carol Bream (Gatineau, QC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I like this product far better than the suction cup or mount you stick on your windshield. It is easy to use and to remove so that it can go into the glove box when I am not using it. Of course, I take the GPS unit off, so that it will not be damaged by cold or heat. Amazon sent me the wrong mounting piece the first time, but the replacement came in record time (over the weekend, after a Friday noon report that the wrong part had been sent). Bravo to Amazon for that!

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy and so stable, Jan. 16 2013
I had my doubts about this mount even after reading all the positive reviews. It is so easy to use! The support part with the ball just slides right into the pad, and I can put it in different non-flat surfaces in my car, drive on very bumpy roads, and it just stays put. This is so much better than the permanent sticky mount that originally came with the Garmin GPS. I can store this away in my glove compartment easily. Totally portable. I'm impressed.

Garmin Portable Friction Mount - Frustration Free Packaging