march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on August 17, 2012
Excellent product for those who don't want to stick suction cups to their window. Those things fall off in high heat, anyway.

My dash is probably not the best for this product since it is slanted and slippery. Yet the mount stays on! Please note that it does shift a little over long periods of time, but it has never fallen off.

The best thing about it is you can now easily reach the screen keys to type in your destination.
on July 18, 2012
I am very impressed. I bought it because my car dash is rounded and is full of curves and bumps and it very surprisingly sits almost anywhere in the car. Highly recommended!
on July 1, 2010
This is a excellent product. It sits firmly on the dash and supports the GPS without wobbling. Also it holds the unit at an excellent level to allow you to glance over without totally disengaging your eyes from the road.

To compare, I also bought a unit which clips onto an air vent. Great idea but didn't work for me. It couldn't be made to clip firmly thus the GPS wiggled with driving motion. This made it difficult to see details. And the air-vent positioning in my car was lower on the dash (i.e. radio-dial level) which meant I had to disengage my eyes fully from the road to see it. Made the friction mount look like a million dollars in comparison.

When I was researching, I noticed some comments about the friction mount moving in an accident. That's true but so will the GPS in whatever little plastic clip device you use. When your air bags deploy, the GPS will be the least of your problems!!

And another point, when you (at a complete stop of course!)need to change or re-program, the whole installation is easy to lift down, change, and set back. No unclipping and clipping etc.

Finally, I have an arm rest container between the front seats. When I park, in 10 seconds the whole kit-and kaboodle (GPS, mount, and cord)are out of sight with no tell-tale clips or mounts left behind.
on August 6, 2012
This appears to do what it claims. It stays in place on the dash, does not leave telltale signs like the window mount and is easily removed and hidden from view.
on April 26, 2009
Just as reviewers have said, this product sits where you put it... I was helped by seeing reviewer's pictures of the Friction Mount in place on a Prius, since that is what I drive. I had despaired that there was no place to really use a suction cup with my GPS, and this innovative product resolved my frustration.
on November 6, 2013
This is a great GPS mount. I can toss the GPS in the mount onto the dash where I want and tilt, twist, angle it to where I want. It stays put even on hard cornering or braking. I particularly like that when I go in shopping I can pick the GPS and mount off the dash and stuff it under my seat so it's not tempting to steal. I took off one star because you need the C-shaped plastic part that holds onto your GPS. It pushes onto the ball on the mount. Garmin does not seem to sell these, but you can find them on eBay.
on December 5, 2012
great quality, price, performance, very easy to set up and to put away when not in use, practical can be put on any place in the dash( I have a rounded dash) and will sit still regardless of the speed the car is driving, I highly recommend the product, fast delivery, very happy with purchase.
on November 17, 2010
I have owned a Garmin since the first model and have used portable friction dashboard mounts after frustration with the window suction mount. Firstly the suction mount likes neither hot nor cold weather and gradually peels off the windshield (I used to be in sales using the device every day). Secondly, my car was broken in to over night. The police said that the thieves were looking for my GPS as they could see the suction mount on the windshield. My car was trashed but nothing else taken, not even the ton of loose change. The dashboard portable friction mount is easily moved from car to car. I pack it to use in rental cars when I travel. I move it into the centre console when I get out of the car so it is out of sight. If the sun is very bright and I can't see the GPS, I can quickly move the dashboard friction mount so it is more visible. Having used the portable friction mount for a few years now, I would recommend it to everyone who owns a Garmin.
on May 12, 2012
We purchased the Garmin Mount for our trips to Arizona and Italy this year - for use with rental cars. We have a built in GPS in our Toyota. The original Garmin suction holder is such a nuisance because it is very difficult to affix to the windshield and then it falls off easily. The Friction Mount is very easy to set up and is very stable. It works like a charm, as per the earlier reviews on Amazon.com. So pleased to have found it. Would definitely recommend to others - and is only approx $20.
on May 28, 2010
Definite improvement over suction mount, quicker to set up and it's easy to move around. When you make short stops such as lunch you can quickly make your device disappear, less likely to attract vandals. Make it easier for a passenger to use the device for other purposes such as looking for gas station, audio book adjustments, etc.