Size: 1-Pack|Color: Dark Brown|Change

on June 2, 2012
For some reason, a back porch light was never installed at my house. I have plans to eventually (could be a while) install pole lamps in the yard, but until then I needed a solution. I found this on amazon and ordered two as I have flashlights with similar lumen output that are amazing. I mounted this unit under the overhang just outside my back door. When the door is opened at night, the light comes on and lights up my yard. I gave the second unit to my father for his cottage as this one is bright enough for the task. The only drawback is that the sensitivity is not adjustable. This is not a concern to me as it seems to have been set perfect for my application and most common applications. I have only had it a month and do not know how winter will treat it, but I have high hopes for the unit.

Update - It's been over a year now and I can tell you that a back porch light may never get installed now. I'm on my 3rd set of batteries - pretty good if you ask me, as I have a dog and this light runs a lot. It wintered well with the exception that it is dimmer in the cold. This is likely due to the batteries over the unit though. The only other thing I recommend is that good quality alkaline batteries are used - my favorite rhyme with hoppertop. I have learned through experience that the cheap batteries can freeze and split in the cold. Overall, this unit has exceeded my expectations and I will continue to recommend it.
on November 15, 2014
Great lights!! bought one of these 2 years ago to try at back of garage for the dog. This will be the third winter, haven't
needed to replace the batteries yet in that one.
Bought 3 more - 2 to put on the front of the garage and one right outside the front door. Gives great light around the cars and works great outside the front door. No more turning on the lights.
Great fast delivery too!!! No complaints at all.
on April 14, 2014
I bought this for a spot security light in the back yard and it worked great - bright enough but not too bright and very sensitive to any movement. It only lasted 19 months and then it got stuck on permanent ON. But it lasted through two brutal Manitoba winters on one set of batteries first so I bought another one to replace it.
on July 12, 2016
I can't say enough good things about these lights. I've recommended them to many folks who have also bought them. I also bought the higher lumen version but this version is plenty bright enough. They have been in use for 10 months on the same batteries and have gone through a tough East Coast winter without any failing.
on January 8, 2014
Bare with me I'm French so I may have some faults.... When I first saw this I read the reviews and it seemed Good! One person said that he did not know if it would be good in our Canadian cold, and it's GREAT. We've been having for about 10 days, -15 to -28 temperatures and it still lights up. Love it. I received it in the time line that they said and I'm very happy with it. I'm going to order another one for the cottage.
on June 6, 2016
This unit is good only if it is not exposed to rain and cold weather. I bought a pair of this, one installed at the front door of the house so that its easier for us to insert the keys to the door lock. The battery last about 1 year. The other one I installed on the side of the my house where it is exposed to rain and cold weather. This batteries did not even last 6 months. I got fed up changing the batteries frequently. They are not even cheap batteries. This one is useless now. If your purpose is to use this product unexposed to rain and cold, its ok.
on June 28, 2016
Bright, easy to install, works as described. I used them to illuminate the side of my house and they do a great job. The motion activation is great and adequately sensitive. Battery life has been good, the batteries lasted through the cold winter and continue to work.
on July 18, 2016
I wanted to wait a while until I reviewed this product to make sure they worked well.
I've had this mounted on my shed for the past 5 or so months. It is braving an unusually wet Canadian summer, and the original batteries are still going strong.
It has more of a spotlight effect of light and covers a pretty decent area. The sensor works great and picks up movement about 20 or more feet away.
We use this for a security light in our back yard and have no complaints so far. Great product for the price.
on November 14, 2012
Great motion sensor light. Safety along those darkened walkways & keeps the punks from messing with my vehicle at night. Highly recommended.
on November 25, 2012
Ok light . Easy to install for sure. I was Disappointed a little as not very bright. Will see how keeps battery over the cold if a winter