5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for areas with no power
Published on June 2 2012 by Fixitguy

3.0 out of 5 stars Mr beams
Ok light . Easy to install for sure. I was Disappointed a little as not very bright. Will see how keeps battery over the cold if a winter
Published on Nov. 25 2012 by michelle

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for areas with no power, June 2 2012
This review is from: Mr. Beams MB360 Battery Powered Motion Sensing LED Outdoor Security Spotlight (Dark Brown) (Tools & Hardware)
For some reason, a back porch light was never installed at my house. I have plans to eventually (could be a while) install pole lamps in the yard, but until then I needed a solution. I found this on amazon and ordered two as I have flashlights with similar lumen output that are amazing. I mounted this unit under the overhang just outside my back door. When the door is opened at night, the light comes on and lights up my yard. I gave the second unit to my father for his cottage as this one is bright enough for the task. The only drawback is that the sensitivity is not adjustable. This is not a concern to me as it seems to have been set perfect for my application and most common applications. I have only had it a month and do not know how winter will treat it, but I have high hopes for the unit.

Update - It's been over a year now and I can tell you that a back porch light may never get installed now. I'm on my 3rd set of batteries - pretty good if you ask me, as I have a dog and this light runs a lot. It wintered well with the exception that it is dimmer in the cold. This is likely due to the batteries over the unit though. The only other thing I recommend is that good quality alkaline batteries are used - my favorite rhyme with hoppertop. I have learned through experience that the cheap batteries can freeze and split in the cold. Overall, this unit has exceeded my expectations and I will continue to recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mr beams, Nov. 25 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT!, Oct. 29 2013
Easy to install. Good light. Seems to work well also in cold (-9C last night). Hope it continues to work when it gets really cold!

Denis
Calgary, Canada

4.0 out of 5 stars great product for the task even if short-lived, April 14 2014
Harry Havey (Winnipeg, Manitoba) - See all my reviews
I bought this for a spot security light in the back yard and it worked great - bright enough but not too bright and very sensitive to any movement. It only lasted 19 months and then it got stuck on permanent ON. But it lasted through two brutal Manitoba winters on one set of batteries first so I bought another one to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, Nov. 14 2012
Great motion sensor light. Safety along those darkened walkways & keeps the punks from messing with my vehicle at night. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, for a while......, May 24 2013
Install 3 "D" batteries, mount it, and it works. Nothing easier. Light is brite and clear.Good looking as well. Thanks

I need to add a negative comment to my initial review. The item worked flawlessly for several weeks but then decided to act up in the the unit would come on and then just stay on. The usual 30 second or so delay before turning off just seemed to stop functioning. I tried replacing the batteries with fresh ones but to no avail. The unit comes on and stays on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gives an adequate amount of light., Oct. 8 2013
I have placed these "security" lights at four different locations around my house and garage. Each one of them requires 4 D size batteries, but I've been running these lights for over a year and still have not replaced any of the batteries.

These are adequate lights for easy install if you have no electricity for real lights...but be forewarned, they really only have the power of a small flashlight, no more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed! I hope they make the winter..., April 20 2012
I have owned 2 of these for about 1 month. They have lit up the dark narrow path alongside my house for my tenant. They are very responsive to motion and cast a good amount of light. My only concern is how they will fare this winter in the Canadian climate. If they make it through I will be very impressed. A great & cost effective option where you don't have pre-existing lighting!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bright and sensitive - died within a year, Aug. 9 2012
aw - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
First of all, the item is not a small solar garden light you may imagine. As it takes 3 D-cell and you can imagine the size of it, it is literally like a coffee mug. IMO, it is as small as it can get and still houses 3 D-cell.

I bought two units, one sensor seems to be a bit more sensitive than the other, and they are both very bright light. The unit itself is very light without 3 D-cell batteries

NOTE: Very unprofessinoal UPS delivery, they just left it 4 feet in front of my door...

Aug 2013 Update - both sensors died...the first one died 6 months and the second one died last month. These lights now keep turning themselve on and off constantly all day, and drained the batteries very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alot for so little, April 18 2013
Waited till the Winter was over before giving a review. Well we get some bad winter storms and I needed to see If they functioned ok, and I can tell you they worked well(and still do) and now waiting for my next delivery of 3 more. They give you the light you need and add a little security to your home. We had a normal home light on a sensor and found with a medium wind It would activate, not with these, they will pick up on motion and stay on for 30 secs. Put the batteries In 7 months ago and still as bright as the 1st day we Installed them. Cheap affordable lighting and security deterrent. Would definatley tell friends and family about the product.