5.0 out of 5 stars Stable and easy to use
Published 8 months ago by Horse

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within two weeks
I was excited about getting my new Pyle-Pro PMKS3; I had read the reviews and done a bit of research. Using it only as a stand for a podcasting mic, I didn't expect to be moving it much so there should have been little repetetive strain on the parts - really just a static setup and not the typical musician usage of continual setup and take down.

After my...
Published on Jan. 30 2012 by William C. Murray

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within two weeks, Jan. 30 2012
This review is from: Pyle-Pro PMKS3 Tripod Microphone Stand with Extending Boom (Electronics)

After my initial setup, I noticed that the coupling between the upright stand and the boom arm had a wiggle. I tried to secure this as I wanted the boom arm to move in and out, moving the mic out of range when I wasn't recording. The wiggle continued to worsen. The last time I touched my microphone (thankfully I had both hands on it), the whole boom arm separated from the upright and fell apart in my hands. The entire coupling was stripped. I didn't notice until then just how shallow that critical connection was. The coupling is plastic with plastic female threads - it is attached to a metal male connector on the upright and the metal portion just stripped the plastic smooth.

Now I'm the proud owner of a broken stand. Pyle-Pro's instructions for returning it states that I must enclose a $20 cheque/MO to cover shipping and handling. This is the exact amount that I paid for it! Also tried to contact them multiple times via twitter (their site claims that they have & monitor an account) but after 7 days, I've heard nothing. Perhaps Amazon will take up the challenge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable and easy to use, March 12 2014
We have many tripods in our church. This one is not bad. I am skeptical to buy this one when seeing the reviews from others that it is not stable. No, it is not true. The problem is that people did not know how to do the set up. It becomes unstable if the boom and one of the legs is not parallel to each other. It is very stable and will not fall when the leg and the boom are set as one parallel line at the same direction no matter how long you extend the boom. Sometimes it is a problem that the review will send a wrong message due to a lack of knowledge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not stable on carpet, April 23 2012
You need to add 10 to 20 lbs to keep it from tipping over on carpet. It is a problem with heavy microphones- suggest having counter weighs for different microphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Price!, March 3 2012
Blair Markle (RED DEER. ALBERTA, CANADA) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these on sale for $20.00 each. There was a small "glitch" with the shipping, but this was quickly and efficiently handled by the staff at Amazon. The mic stand works great, and I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely could stand on it's own, Nov. 15 2012
When I set up this stand I noticed it was unstable and leaning to one side. It had a difficult time stand on it's own. When I attached my mic to it, it completely fell over. I put heavy wrights on it's legs, but then the arm of the mic kept falling down no matter how tight I got it. This mic stand has to be the cheapest one I've ever seen in my life and I I've dealt with a lot of cheap ones. It's a waste of money and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Pay the extra cash for something worth while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst product I ever purchased and it doesn't look like ..., July 28 2014
Worst product I ever purchased and it doesn't look like the photo. A really cheap product... without forcing it, I broke the wing nut mechanism at the bottom of the stand, actually, anywhere you want to tight/adjust your stand or boom it fails. Placing a microphone to it adds weight and it fails, even installing my pop filter causes it to become unstable. You can't use this product in a live gig situation that's for sure or else everything is going to end up on the floor. Oh well, what do you expect for 22 bucks. Should of known better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job well., July 12 2014
R. Barlow - See all my reviews
The best part is, it's small enough that it doesn't stand out too much. Works great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Portable but have some downside, June 27 2014
It's very light and easy to use but it's very weak and fragile so it does not hold the mic.

3.0 out of 5 stars DIRTY, June 20 2014
works like new but both were caked with dirt. was sealed package. assembly was tedious and could have used simple instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Stability, May 2 2014
I've had a few mic stands over the years - most were in the 50-75 dollar range. I purchased this one mostly for an Ipad mount, but was surprised by how stable and heavy it actually is. We are now using with both a mic and ipad mount on it and it is perfect. Many standard adjustments that you would find on MUCH more expensive stands.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›