summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

on January 30, 2012
I was excited about getting my new Pyle-Pro PMKS3; I had read the reviews and done a bit of research. Using it only as a stand for a podcasting mic, I didn't expect to be moving it much so there should have been little repetetive strain on the parts - really just a static setup and not the typical musician usage of continual setup and take down.

After my initial setup, I noticed that the coupling between the upright stand and the boom arm had a wiggle. I tried to secure this as I wanted the boom arm to move in and out, moving the mic out of range when I wasn't recording. The wiggle continued to worsen. The last time I touched my microphone (thankfully I had both hands on it), the whole boom arm separated from the upright and fell apart in my hands. The entire coupling was stripped. I didn't notice until then just how shallow that critical connection was. The coupling is plastic with plastic female threads - it is attached to a metal male connector on the upright and the metal portion just stripped the plastic smooth.

Now I'm the proud owner of a broken stand. Pyle-Pro's instructions for returning it states that I must enclose a $20 cheque/MO to cover shipping and handling. This is the exact amount that I paid for it! Also tried to contact them multiple times via twitter (their site claims that they have & monitor an account) but after 7 days, I've heard nothing. Perhaps Amazon will take up the challenge.
on April 23, 2012
You need to add 10 to 20 lbs to keep it from tipping over on carpet. It is a problem with heavy microphones- suggest having counter weighs for different microphones.
on March 3, 2012
I bought 2 of these on sale for $20.00 each. There was a small "glitch" with the shipping, but this was quickly and efficiently handled by the staff at Amazon. The mic stand works great, and I highly recommend it.
on November 15, 2012
When I set up this stand I noticed it was unstable and leaning to one side. It had a difficult time stand on it's own. When I attached my mic to it, it completely fell over. I put heavy wrights on it's legs, but then the arm of the mic kept falling down no matter how tight I got it. This mic stand has to be the cheapest one I've ever seen in my life and I I've dealt with a lot of cheap ones. It's a waste of money and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Pay the extra cash for something worth while.
on December 23, 2015
For the price, it's a good stand.

It works well and is light/easy enough to carry around. However, it won't handle heavy mics. If the boom is extended, you need a *really* light mic to keep it from tipping over and may have to tighten the dial a *lot* (depending on the weight) to keep it from pivoting down.

If you decide to throw a heavy mic on it anyway with the boom extended, you'll need to weigh down the legs with something heavy (weights, sandbags, etc) to keep it from tipping. Alternately if the boom is oriented directly over one of the legs, it will hold up on it's own but if someone slightly bumps it or rotates it, it'll come crashing down.

5 stars because it's really quite good for it's price range, and being nice and light is great for travel. It would be easily trounced by more expensive stands though, and if you're using heavier mics, you'll definitely want to look at something with a heavier base.
on July 28, 2014
Worst product I ever purchased and it doesn't look like the photo. A really cheap product... without forcing it, I broke the wing nut mechanism at the bottom of the stand, actually, anywhere you want to tight/adjust your stand or boom it fails. Placing a microphone to it adds weight and it fails, even installing my pop filter causes it to become unstable. You can't use this product in a live gig situation that's for sure or else everything is going to end up on the floor. Oh well, what do you expect for 22 bucks. Should of known better.
on February 24, 2016
We are far from experts, but this stand seems to work exactly like it should. We use it with a rather heavy ATR stage microphone, and it's holding up just fine. The actual microphone holder grips firmly too. The mounting thread of the holder appears to be some kind of standard mounting interface, because it is interchangeable with our existing table stand.
on May 2, 2014
I've had a few mic stands over the years - most were in the 50-75 dollar range. I purchased this one mostly for an Ipad mount, but was surprised by how stable and heavy it actually is. We are now using with both a mic and ipad mount on it and it is perfect. Many standard adjustments that you would find on MUCH more expensive stands.
on May 13, 2013
The stand can barely support its own weight let alone any decent mic. And when you add the fact that you cant really tighten anything to any useful amount it is honestly not good for anything, and definitely not at its current price. Maybe it would hold a rockband mic?
on November 7, 2011
My first order arrived damaged. A replacement was shipped to me immediately and works very well. This microphone stand is very economical but is sturdy, and does the job of expensive models. I recommend the Pyle Pro PMKS3 Tripod Microphone Stand with Extending Boom.