5.0 out of 5 stars Love it
This makes great panini's! Heats up quickly and makes a nice crispy sandwich. I still am not sure if I like that it only has grill marks on the top. The bottom does brown, but does not get as crispy as the top.

Published on Feb. 5 2010 by cd22

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
?
Published 4 months ago by Dale

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Feb. 5 2010
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)

There is room for two HUGE sandwiches. Clean up is a breeze. When I remove the sandwiches I wipe off any visible cheese/topping drips and then a quick clean with a cloth after it cools off.

It is very well built, nice and sturdy. I like that you can lock it and stand it on the side for easy storage, or even on the back of the counter, it looks good enough to be on display!

I bought this for the purpose of making panini's only, not for grilling any other foods. I would not recommend it for an all purpose grill.... but I highly recommend it for panini's.
Glad I got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, Jan. 17 2011
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my sister. She was very impressed and she gets alot of use out of it. One of the great things about the grill is the fact that it's flat on the bottom so you can use it as a flattop for eggs or pancakes. There really are endless possibilities with the Breville Panini Grill!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to change up a boring sandwich !!, Jan. 19 2014
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
I have used this Panini maker at least 20 times-It is an excellent way to change up a boring sandwich. I have not used the recipe book as most of the ingredients listed I would not eat. I would highly recommend this maker for anyone that eats sandwiches daily for lunch. I love to experiment with leftovers and different cheeses.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, May 22 2013
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
Very solid, easy to use. Generally I love it. There're two things I don't like though.

1. It's a bit inconvenient to clean it.
2. To turn it off, you need to unplug it, there's no on/off button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love how it cleans up, Dec 30 2011
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
I bought this Breville Panini and I love it. The old one I bought u had two sided grill bars and It was so hard to clean up after using it, this one is fabulous. .... cleans up so easy : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, Aug. 24 2013
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
Have been using two of these presses in my small soup and sandwich shop called, Well Bean, since November 2012. I think I have made close to 400 perfect panini so far......great product! Not one complaint that there are no grill marks! Lol A panini press opens a whole new world for a sandwich....a simple ham and cheese panini with my secret sauce is a best seller!

5.0 out of 5 stars Livraison rapide, March 24 2013
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
Super ! De très bonne qualité. Chauffe rapidement, se lave bien et la hauteur s'ajuste pour permettre une cuisson plus uniforme.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome for making two sandwiches at a time!, Feb. 12 2013
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
only use a spatula when taking items out, i used a knife once and it scraped the bottom :( great product for a great price! it warms up in a matter of seconds

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, compact and efficient, Aug. 20 2013
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
This grill works very well because of the different plates - bottom one's flat with a raised edge, top one's the grill. The non-removable plates seem to heat faster and evenly. Cleanup is fairly quick with damp paper towels (see photos) when the grill is still warm to touch - it also helps that the grill grooves aren't deep (but they do leave good grill marks).

The no switch (for ON/OFF) feature wasn’t an issue at all. A manual cord winder at the bottom of the grill is useful (see photo). For small spaces, the “LOCK” feature also helps store it upright. The “MELT” position allows good open-face melts or reheat pizza slices. The floating hinge is, by far, the best and most important feature – makes this grill so very versatile!
So far, I’ve made paninis, grilled veggies (roasted peppers & thick slices of Portobello mushrooms and smaller slices of Creminis) and even chicken burgers – all turned out delicious. The no-drip design actually works since very little drippings were created. Except for the paninis where I applied a bit of butter to both sides of the bread, for all other stuff, the non-stick surface worked w/ no butter/oil used.

I researched several grills, read reviews and even bought one (the "Beach") only to return it because of flimsy design and quality for the same price. Most importantly, the front handle always remained cool to touch (the sides do get warm). Absolutely worth it!
[Note: Purchased at a Toronto 'futuristic' shop on sale! :D]

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 9 2012
This review is from: Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL (Kitchen)
If you are considering this product, buy it! It's the perfect grill for 2 people. I love it! Panini grill is heavy duty and quality built. Smaller version of what they would have in a cafe.

Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL