5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug
After getting burned buying mostly expensive and ending up tossing out lots of travel mugs that only last after 3-5 washes, I was a bit skeptical purchasing this travel mug.
First, it's expensive. Second, some travel mugs I have purchased and tossed are of the same brand.
Published on Feb. 5 2012 by Lyn

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on April 19 2013 by hello

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug, Feb. 5 2012
This review is from: Thermos SK1005MBTRI4 Stainless King 16-Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Mug (Midnight Blue) (Kitchen)
However, after spending time reading good reviews for this mug and how to maintain this properly - I decided to give in.
Lo and behold, this product expected my expectations and I believe brought back my faith that there's indeed a leak-proof travel mug!
My lunch box accidentally got tossed and turned as I drive several times already and never had spill issues. And my coffee is still warm after long hours - over 5 hours is the longest I have seen so far.
It's been almost two months and I still believe this is my best Thermos purchase ever. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm extremely happy with my purchase, Dec 13 2012
N David (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I received the mug from Amazon.ca the next day after ordering it. I chose this mug after doing a lot of online research. The quality is excellent, everything fits together perfectly, coffee stays hot for hours, and it feels like a million bucks in your hand. The colour is a very dark purple but most people think it's black. I like that the lid can be completely disassembled so it can be thoroughly cleaned, and is dishwasher safe. The dial to open and close the lid allows you to drink from 2 sides of the mug. When the dial is closed, the mug can be flipped over and nothing will spill out. My only complaint is that the mug is made in China. Besides that, I don't think you can find a better mug.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Travel Mug I have ever Used, Jan. 6 2012
Terry B. (Mississauga, Ontario) - See all my reviews
We've had our mugs for a couple of days and we are very impressed.

Its is a great product. It keeps my tea hot for ages and does not drip at when the lid is shut. You can flip it right over and shake it, nothing comes out!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 19 2013
I have owned this "travel mug" for about 1 month and used it 5 times. The 4th time I was unable to unscrew the top (off) to clean it. The top part(silver) turned and turned and turned. I gave up for a couple of days and let it sit on the kitchen counter and then tried again before I thru it out. After a few tries it opened up! I used it again today and let it cool down and put it in the open position and after several tries it opened. It certainly does keep the beverage hot. Because of the difficulty opening the mug to clean it after use I am disappointed in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays hot, takes a beating, June 21 2013
I have had my mine for three years and I have taken it on MANY work trips from Okinawa to the North Pole (on an icebreaker). The mug is at least as good as any thermos mug I have ever seen or tried. There are only two problems with the mug.

1. It is hard to hold, that is, you can't have it in your hand and pick up anything else. I have braided a loop onto the narrow part of the body and it works just great now.

2. Someone, I won't mention who but it starts with W and rhymes with wife put my mug in the dishwasher. I think it is the heated dry cycle that makes the paint flake off. I don't really care because it makes it look kind of badass but you might not like it.

Other than that it is a super mug. Mine is bashed up, bent, doesn't stand up very straight on it's misshapen foot (dropped many times before I braided the lanyard) and is more shiny stainless than the lovely midnight blue it was when it was new and it still keeps my tea hot for hours.

I had it in an igloo on the Beaufort sea and everyone was with me bought one as soon as we got back down south. I just can't decide whether to get a new shiny one to replace my good ole, just broken in fav.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Leak -Proof Travel Mug, April 13 2013
Read the other reviews before buying it. Thanks to those that gave their review. Excellent product. Leak-Proof, yes it is. Once you have that notch in the close position, you can have this travel mug turned upside down and none of your precious coffee would be spilled. And as the others have said, it keeps your coffee hot. I haven't had my coffee sit in the mug for 4-5 hours but I have had it in there for at least 3 hours and it was still hot.

For $20 bucks it is a pretty good deal since I've seen them selling for about $28 in retail stores. What I like is that it is what they say it is. As advertised "Leak-Proof" and it keeps your coffee hot as what others have said in their review. Dislikes - None. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants a really good travel mug that they can use for work without any worries of ever spilling their coffee or whatever is in it.

I liked it so much I bought 4. Two for me and the wife and the other two for my brother and his girl friend. That's it for my review. Hope it helped...

5.0 out of 5 stars The best travel mug I've ever owned!, June 2 2013
This is better than any travel mug I have ever used.

It meets all the necessary requirements for a travel mug:
- Easy to clean (lid can be disassembled for proper cleaning)
- Keeps beverages hot way beyond reasonable expectations (be careful! It will surprise you.)
- Lid has a nice feel, and mechanism is simple to operate single handed.
- Lid mechanism actually seals and prevents spill. The design is well engineered, and because it can be properly cleaned there is no dirt build up that would break the seal.
- I chose this model because it did not have the handle, which makes it easily fit in any cup holder. Is available with a handle as well.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an excellent travel mug!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Coffee Thermos There Is, March 1 2014
I bought this in a set with a soup thermal container for $25 at Costco (no longer sold there). I liked it so much I bought a few more as a gift to all family etc. -- they all love it!

Positives:
All metal vessel with a high quality thermoset plastic lid. Holds heat well, comfortable to hold and drink from, fits in most cars cup holders. The top can be taken apart for easy cleaning of the valve mechanism. And it comes in two colors.

Negatives:
None, really; however, some people may have difficulty distinguishing the state (closed/open) and it comes in (only) two colors...

Conclusion:
I would recommend this Thermos to any coffee, tea drinker on the go.

5.0 out of 5 stars best to date - almost bulletproof, Nov. 29 2012
jewelz (Lower Mainland, BC) - See all my reviews
Was so impressed with the 1st one I bought several months ago, I've recently acquired a couple more, so that - even with other(s) awaiting dishwasher cycle - I always have a clean one on hand for travel/work.

I have dropped two of the three several times on very hard surfaces (pavement, concrete) with only minor scuffs to tumbler. There was a minor ding in one of the lids though, and another lid sustained enough damage that it felt too rough against lips to continue using.

Not to worry, as Thermos carries replacement lids for just a few dollars (called 800-831-9242 to get this done). So even if your grip is not the best, this unit is - and it should last a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium Price for a Premium Product, Feb. 15 2015
The cup feels premium with it's solid stainless steel construction and smooth, easy to clean finish. The Thermos does an excellent job of keeping things warm or cold for hours with its lid keeping an excellent seal. The lid also is fairly easy to clean but may require some assembly. However, the Thermos is not very durable and may easily attract dings and scratches but with proper care should last for years. Some people may also find the Thermos to be a little hard to handle while full with the large circumference and almost slippery finish. Removing the lid may also be difficult for some since it can require a fair amount of force which can be hard to achieve with such a smooth lip.