5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug
After getting burned buying mostly expensive and ending up tossing out lots of travel mugs that only last after 3-5 washes, I was a bit skeptical purchasing this travel mug.
First, it's expensive. Second, some travel mugs I have purchased and tossed are of the same brand.
Published on Feb. 5 2012 by Lyn

1.0 out of 5 stars Thermos broken after a month!
I purchased this travel mug a month ago, and it just broke. I can't open up the lid it's jammed. Also it has an annoying open, close button , it's recessed into the lid, it's hard to get used too. I will be returning it.
Published 18 months ago by John

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug, Feb. 5 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Thermos SK1005MBTRI4 Stainless King 16-Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Mug (Midnight Blue) (Kitchen)
However, after spending time reading good reviews for this mug and how to maintain this properly - I decided to give in.
Lo and behold, this product expected my expectations and I believe brought back my faith that there's indeed a leak-proof travel mug!
My lunch box accidentally got tossed and turned as I drive several times already and never had spill issues. And my coffee is still warm after long hours - over 5 hours is the longest I have seen so far.
It's been almost two months and I still believe this is my best Thermos purchase ever. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm extremely happy with my purchase, Dec 13 2012
N David (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I received the mug from Amazon.ca the next day after ordering it. I chose this mug after doing a lot of online research. The quality is excellent, everything fits together perfectly, coffee stays hot for hours, and it feels like a million bucks in your hand. The colour is a very dark purple but most people think it's black. I like that the lid can be completely disassembled so it can be thoroughly cleaned, and is dishwasher safe. The dial to open and close the lid allows you to drink from 2 sides of the mug. When the dial is closed, the mug can be flipped over and nothing will spill out. My only complaint is that the mug is made in China. Besides that, I don't think you can find a better mug.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Travel Mug I have ever Used, Jan. 6 2012
Terry B. (Mississauga, Ontario) - See all my reviews
We've had our mugs for a couple of days and we are very impressed.

Its is a great product. It keeps my tea hot for ages and does not drip at when the lid is shut. You can flip it right over and shake it, nothing comes out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug Out There!, Sept. 20 2014
I am an avid coffee drinker and finally decided to trade in my twice daily visits to coffee shops for a more economical way of consuming coffee.

First Impressions
This was shipped without a box packaging inside of the parcel box, similar to the way that you'd find a thermos on a shelf at a store so it didn't bother me too much. It may surprise some people but for me, the box was loosely stuffed with some extra paper. The mug has a good weight to it and feels sturdy in your hand, which I really like (unless you are looking for a lightweight mug). This is also a very dark blue, almost black, which gives it a nice glossy look that isn't too monochromatic.

Great Seal
After reading many reviews about how this mug was superior to others because of its sealing technology/ability, I immediately put it to the test after making sure everything was adjusted properly (which it was). True enough, not a single drip whatsoever coming out of the mug even when held half full, upside down for almost a minute. The only issue one might have with "spill" is the residual liquid at the lid after you've taken a few sips. That's not the fault of the mug though.

Easy to Maintain
This mug is very easy to clean. I have small(er) hands so pushing a sponge to the bottom is not an issue for me. Some people say that it retains smell of coffee but I am pretty vigilant with ensuring that I empty my mug and rinse it as soon as I get home. Nonetheless, there is still coffee in the mug from 8 am when I leave the house until 6pm when I return home. I haven't noticed any smells and I always do a sniff test before filling it up.

Heat Retention is GREAT
This mug boasts 5 hours of keeping hot drinks hot and 9 hours of keeping cold drinks cold. I haven't tested anything cold yet as I bought this as a coffee mug. The promise stands and my coffee is still piping hot after 3 hours. After 6 hours, the coffee is still lukewarm. Not until about 8-9 hours would I call the liquid cold, but still not ice cold by any means.

Overall, I have never been so excited over the purchase of a travel mug. It'll be the best investment you can make if you need your caffeine fix while on the road.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a bad thing - I just did not expect it to ..., Oct. 27 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This mug keeps liquids hot for a considerable amount of time, I loaded it up one morning with very hot coffee and took a drink an hour later only to find it was still very hot, effectively burning my mouth in the middle of a meeting. This is not a bad thing - I just did not expect it to do such a good job at keeping the coffee hot. It can be a bit of a pain to clean the lid and gaskets, and if you do not do it correctly it will leak. But once you figure it out it is easy to use and works well. Just pay attention the first time you take it apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug I've had so far!, Aug. 19 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is easily the best travel mug I have seen so far.
It is absolutely leak proof and keeps stuff warm for a very long time.
In fact I have to leave it open for a while to allow hot coffee to cool down to drinking temperature before I close it, otherwise I can't drink it for hours!
One comment: the "blue" comes out very dark and the finish is much shinier than it looks in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars One big problem, May 21 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
There is one really big problem with this travel mug, you will burn your mouth, a lot!!! This product works so well I have still had hot coffee 4-5 hours later!!! After years of regular mugs that only give you luke warm after an hour or two, this one will catch you off guard. You'll take a sip and burn your mouth the first week or two until you get used to it, seriously!!!!
This mug also has a smooth working locktop and seems to be quite durable as well. I honestly cannot say enough about this mug from Thermos, better that expectations seems inadequate but I don't know how it could be improved. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mug, June 21 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I read reviews before I bought this & I have to say it is the best I ever had. It keeps my coffee hot for a few hours but even 8 hrs later it is not cold but luke warm. Good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mug, June 15 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I really like this mug. Tight, no leak lid. Keeps liquids hot for hours. I frequently use it without leaving the lid on and it still keeps my tea acceptably hot/warm for a long time. It is easy to handle as well. I readily recommend it. I have used many travel mugs in the past and I find this one to be the best of the bunch. Having purchased the first one and liking it, I then purchased two more to leave at the office and in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my coffee hot all day., May 16 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Really REALLY good at keeping my drink warm. Hasn't once leaked on me. The plastic 'wrap' started peeling soon after I got it so now has a sort of black and stainless disheveled look. The lid doesn't completely come apart for cleaning, I have to admit it does concern me a bit... like, what are you hiding!