5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug
After getting burned buying mostly expensive and ending up tossing out lots of travel mugs that only last after 3-5 washes, I was a bit skeptical purchasing this travel mug.
First, it's expensive. Second, some travel mugs I have purchased and tossed are of the same brand.
Published on Feb. 5 2012 by Lyn

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on April 19 2013 by hello

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug, Feb. 5 2012
This review is from: Thermos SK1005MBTRI4 Stainless King 16-Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Mug (Midnight Blue) (Kitchen)
However, after spending time reading good reviews for this mug and how to maintain this properly - I decided to give in.
Lo and behold, this product expected my expectations and I believe brought back my faith that there's indeed a leak-proof travel mug!
My lunch box accidentally got tossed and turned as I drive several times already and never had spill issues. And my coffee is still warm after long hours - over 5 hours is the longest I have seen so far.
It's been almost two months and I still believe this is my best Thermos purchase ever. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm extremely happy with my purchase, Dec 13 2012
N David (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I received the mug from Amazon.ca the next day after ordering it. I chose this mug after doing a lot of online research. The quality is excellent, everything fits together perfectly, coffee stays hot for hours, and it feels like a million bucks in your hand. The colour is a very dark purple but most people think it's black. I like that the lid can be completely disassembled so it can be thoroughly cleaned, and is dishwasher safe. The dial to open and close the lid allows you to drink from 2 sides of the mug. When the dial is closed, the mug can be flipped over and nothing will spill out. My only complaint is that the mug is made in China. Besides that, I don't think you can find a better mug.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Travel Mug I have ever Used, Jan. 6 2012
Terry B. (Mississauga, Ontario) - See all my reviews
We've had our mugs for a couple of days and we are very impressed.

Its is a great product. It keeps my tea hot for ages and does not drip at when the lid is shut. You can flip it right over and shake it, nothing comes out!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 19 2013
I have owned this "travel mug" for about 1 month and used it 5 times. The 4th time I was unable to unscrew the top (off) to clean it. The top part(silver) turned and turned and turned. I gave up for a couple of days and let it sit on the kitchen counter and then tried again before I thru it out. After a few tries it opened up! I used it again today and let it cool down and put it in the open position and after several tries it opened. It certainly does keep the beverage hot. Because of the difficulty opening the mug to clean it after use I am disappointed in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium Price for a Premium Product, Feb. 15 2015
The cup feels premium with it's solid stainless steel construction and smooth, easy to clean finish. The Thermos does an excellent job of keeping things warm or cold for hours with its lid keeping an excellent seal. The lid also is fairly easy to clean but may require some assembly. However, the Thermos is not very durable and may easily attract dings and scratches but with proper care should last for years. Some people may also find the Thermos to be a little hard to handle while full with the large circumference and almost slippery finish. Removing the lid may also be difficult for some since it can require a fair amount of force which can be hard to achieve with such a smooth lip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best travel mug hands down - definitely worth the price, Jan. 8 2015
Hands down the best thermos I have ever owned. I have two that I have owned for years and they have taking a beating back and forth to work (welding) and on road trips. They go everywhere. Your drinks will stay hot for very long periods of time. In facet it is best to let freshly boiled water cool a little bit before putting the lid on as it will remain freshly boiled and unexpectedly painfully hot for longer than you would expect. The lid disassembles and reassembles for easy cleaning. I bought one recently as a gift for my brother in law. I have never found a travel mug that lives up to the standards that this on sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a bad thing - I just did not expect it to ..., Oct. 27 2014
This mug keeps liquids hot for a considerable amount of time, I loaded it up one morning with very hot coffee and took a drink an hour later only to find it was still very hot, effectively burning my mouth in the middle of a meeting. This is not a bad thing - I just did not expect it to do such a good job at keeping the coffee hot. It can be a bit of a pain to clean the lid and gaskets, and if you do not do it correctly it will leak. But once you figure it out it is easy to use and works well. Just pay attention the first time you take it apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOO HOT + you can actually open up the top to clean its inside!, March 9 2015
This thing works so well in keeping the heat that I suggest you to not pour boiling water in it. Otherwise you have to leave it open for 30mins to bring it to a drinkable temp!!!

As opposed to what other reviewers have said here you can actually open the top part of it (which liquid goes thru) to clean thoroughly.
One thing to keep in mind is that this model has an exposed top (no caps) if you are going to carry it outside a bag back maybe you wanna get the capped version so it would pick up germs...

5.0 out of 5 stars The only travel mug I'll ever use... ..., Jan. 20 2015
The only travel mug I'll ever use... forget about all those fancy-looking-but-leaks-everywhere starbucks tumblers, this one keeps the liquid IN and HOT. That's all I ask for from a travel mug, and this has proven to be capable. I can throw it in my backpack along with ipad and macbook and not worry about leakage...of course after making sure the lid is closed. Not a hassle to take apart and clean the lid too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug I've had so far!, Aug. 19 2014
This is easily the best travel mug I have seen so far.
It is absolutely leak proof and keeps stuff warm for a very long time.
In fact I have to leave it open for a while to allow hot coffee to cool down to drinking temperature before I close it, otherwise I can't drink it for hours!
One comment: the "blue" comes out very dark and the finish is much shinier than it looks in the picture.