biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Blu-rayChange

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 5, 2009
They are trying to reboot the franchise after a half decade since the last movie. I suspect they will go for another one after this.

Plenty of action. I won't bother mentining much about the story. why give it away.

I'll assume they left all the good stuff on the Blu-Ray edition because there was a total ofd 31 minutes of extras on the second disc and notjing on the first. There is very little of any of the characters included in the movie. Which is surprising for a sci-fi/action movie where moszt movies could easily add an hour or so on the technology used [see second disc of Star Trek (2009)].

So if you like the extras, don't bother with this edition.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 28, 2012
Terminator Salvation(released May/09)is a mixed bag of goodies starring Christian Bale as John Connor,Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright,Anton Yelchin as Kyle Reese,Helena Bonham Carter as Dr. Serena Kogan,Michael Ironside as General Ashdown and others.It is uneven and piecemeal,with two simultaneous plots which must ultimately mate,but the film takes its sweet time doing so.
The story finds us first in 2003 with the death of an inmate,Worthington,who has signed his body over to Cyberdine systems rep Carter,for experimentation.Fast forward to 2013 and Bale has survived a terrible attack and has returned to a submarine commanded by Ironside,who is the resistance leader.The resistance plans to launch an all out attack on the Skynet facilities and have uncovered a plot to kill all the resistance leaders,including a civilian by the name of Kyle Reese.Everyone but John is unaware that Reese is his real father and that he must survive.
Meanwhile Worthington has come to L.A. and he is saved from a machine attack by Reese,whose importance he is yet to know.They travel on and find the pilot of a downed resistance aircraft.Along the way back to the resistance HQ,Worthington steps on a land mine.At HQ the medical people discover Worthington is really a Cyborg.Bale doesn't trust him,of course,and jails him.Worthington escapes,but while on the run from Connor and company,Worthington saves Connor's life.He vows to help Bale rescue Reese from the Skynet facility.
They arrive at Skynet and Worthington interfaces with the computer programming,learning about his roots and why he was created.They find Reese,but Bale has to do battle with a T-100 Terminator,with the face of Ahh-nold.This over they all escape,the facility is destroyed,but Bale is critically injured.The film ends as Worthington gives up his heart to Bale,so Connor may carrying on the battle.
If the reconciliation of the two diverging plots had been made clearer as the film went on,and it hadn't taken the majority of the film to finally come together,this film would have been much better than it was.As it is it is a slow progression,jumping constantly from one story to the other.Other than the actual voice of Linda Hamilton/Sarah Connor's voice from the earlier Terminator movies,and a likeness of Ahh-nold on a T-1 late in the movie,there is little else to connect to the first three films,actor wise.The major characters like Connor and Reese are totally different actors.And unless the film could have made up for this disconnect by having a better edited and intelligent script(which it didn't),then it was doomed to fail.It was good to see actor Michael Ironside on board as the hard nosed resistance commander.If you need a real tight butted,ball busting superior,who is either normal,psycho,or somewhere in between,Mr.Ironside's is the guy to call.
Technically speaking the film is in its w/s a/r of 2:35:1 and is clear and crisp.there are no extras.
All in all a big disappointment.Two parallel plots which take most of the film to come together,leaves one bored as all get out and scratching ones head.Considering the talent on deck,this film should have been a winner,instead of a mediocre S/FX laden picture.
on July 5, 2015
Got here fast and early.
movie itself is more of an action movie than the science fiction paradox mindbender I was kindof hoping it would be.
its a great simple action movie I guess. Not as good as 1 or 2 and lacks the amazing action scenes of 3 (crane truck chase) but a fun action movie with robots
on October 6, 2014
I was looking to see this last movie in the terminator series so I bought the bluray recently and watched it.
I was somewhat unclear in a couple of areas what exactly was going on but there is plenty of action.
I will watch it again in the future.
I would recommend it to a friend.
on August 7, 2012
Anton Yelchin is the only person properly casted to play Kyle Reese, and he does resemble and sound like a younger version of Michael Biehn. Sam Worthington is fine to play this new cyborg character, but why on earth Christian Bale is picked to play John Connor? Bale is an excellent actor, but there isn't any chemistry among the characters. It seems Hollywood would continue to prefer British actors. Guy Pearce would be my pick to play John Connor if there is any chance for another remake.
on January 8, 2010
I thought the movie itself was really well done. Far better than T3. They did a great job of doing a prequel/sequel storyline, and the special effects are awesome. I really liked how they balanced CGI effects with real props and puppets, so as not to give a fake, overdone "Stars Wars" prequels feel.

My beef is with the bluray setup itself. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but both blurays don't bring you to a disc menu where you can access special features until after the movie. At first I thought there was something wrong with the disc itself, so I exchanged it and had the same problem. If making the disc menu unavailable until the end of the movie (and, of coarse, all the annoying commercials and trailers) was intentional, then I have to say it's quite annoying and frustration to users. I hope Warner Brothers doesn't continue this practice with other blurays.

If I'm wrong about this problem, and other people are able to access the main menu at any point, post a message and let me know.
on December 8, 2009
I'm a huge fan of Terminator. The first one gave me nightmares when I was a kid, the second was just as good, the third one, well... Salvation really disappointed me at first. I just can't see Bale as Conner, not that he doesn't act it out nicely; he just doesn't work for me personally.

This film had to grow on me because I guess in many ways I had my own thoughts on filling in the blanks from what I knew of the story from the first two films. I guess it's like reading a book and then seeing the film only to find the lead character wasn't how you pictured him to be...

The directors did a good job on refreshing the story. No it doesn't follow the same foot print of the first one, but if you understand physics and space time continuums it can't. In Terminator 2 Arnold, John, Dyson, and momma Conner "stopped" judgment day from happening and changed the future (The future's not set - no fate but what we make for ourselves) and then in the third one we learned that judgment day was never stopped only postponed.

Watching the special features really helps me understand the directors mind and vision for the film. It's easy to judge a film based on your own ideas and say the director did a terrible job, but once you see all the hard work and thought put into it, you just can't judge it so harshly. Once I understood why the director did some of the things he did, this movie was better to watch. They did a good job of filling in the blanks. I enjoyed actually getting to see Terminators from a perspective that the other films have never shown before.

I give it 4 stars out of 5 because on its own (not in comparison to) it's a nice addition to the family of films.
on September 20, 2012
For fans of the Terminator franchise; I recommend it.

For non-fans of the Terminator franchise; I still recommend it.

Not the best of the 4 movies but still very good,

Good buy at this price.
on July 3, 2015
This takes place after the bombs have dropped. A new type shows up and John listens to his mom's old tapes but she does not mention anything about this type. Underwhelming.
on January 10, 2016
Je crois que ses un des meilleur de la série
Très futuriste et Humain( dons de soi, amour, anti conformiste)