5.0 out of 5 stars Terminator 4 or is it the Prequel
For fans of the Terminator franchise; I recommend it.

For non-fans of the Terminator franchise; I still recommend it.

Not the best of the 4 movies but still very good,

Good buy at this price.
Published 22 months ago by Steff66

3.0 out of 5 stars The movie is all over the map,and not where it should be!
Published 19 months ago by Robert Badgley

3.0 out of 5 stars The movie is all over the map,and not where it should be!, Dec 28 2012
Robert Badgley (St Thomas,Ontario,Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Terminator Salvation(released May/09)is a mixed bag of goodies starring Christian Bale as John Connor,Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright,Anton Yelchin as Kyle Reese,Helena Bonham Carter as Dr. Serena Kogan,Michael Ironside as General Ashdown and others.It is uneven and piecemeal,with two simultaneous plots which must ultimately mate,but the film takes its sweet time doing so.
The story finds us first in 2003 with the death of an inmate,Worthington,who has signed his body over to Cyberdine systems rep Carter,for experimentation.Fast forward to 2013 and Bale has survived a terrible attack and has returned to a submarine commanded by Ironside,who is the resistance leader.The resistance plans to launch an all out attack on the Skynet facilities and have uncovered a plot to kill all the resistance leaders,including a civilian by the name of Kyle Reese.Everyone but John is unaware that Reese is his real father and that he must survive.
Meanwhile Worthington has come to L.A. and he is saved from a machine attack by Reese,whose importance he is yet to know.They travel on and find the pilot of a downed resistance aircraft.Along the way back to the resistance HQ,Worthington steps on a land mine.At HQ the medical people discover Worthington is really a Cyborg.Bale doesn't trust him,of course,and jails him.Worthington escapes,but while on the run from Connor and company,Worthington saves Connor's life.He vows to help Bale rescue Reese from the Skynet facility.
They arrive at Skynet and Worthington interfaces with the computer programming,learning about his roots and why he was created.They find Reese,but Bale has to do battle with a T-100 Terminator,with the face of Ahh-nold.This over they all escape,the facility is destroyed,but Bale is critically injured.The film ends as Worthington gives up his heart to Bale,so Connor may carrying on the battle.
If the reconciliation of the two diverging plots had been made clearer as the film went on,and it hadn't taken the majority of the film to finally come together,this film would have been much better than it was.As it is it is a slow progression,jumping constantly from one story to the other.Other than the actual voice of Linda Hamilton/Sarah Connor's voice from the earlier Terminator movies,and a likeness of Ahh-nold on a T-1 late in the movie,there is little else to connect to the first three films,actor wise.The major characters like Connor and Reese are totally different actors.And unless the film could have made up for this disconnect by having a better edited and intelligent script(which it didn't),then it was doomed to fail.It was good to see actor Michael Ironside on board as the hard nosed resistance commander.If you need a real tight butted,ball busting superior,who is either normal,psycho,or somewhere in between,Mr.Ironside's is the guy to call.
Technically speaking the film is in its w/s a/r of 2:35:1 and is clear and crisp.there are no extras.
All in all a big disappointment.Two parallel plots which take most of the film to come together,leaves one bored as all get out and scratching ones head.Considering the talent on deck,this film should have been a winner,instead of a mediocre S/FX laden picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terminator 4 or is it the Prequel, Sept. 20 2012
For fans of the Terminator franchise; I recommend it.

For non-fans of the Terminator franchise; I still recommend it.

Not the best of the 4 movies but still very good,

Good buy at this price.

3.0 out of 5 stars The movie could have been better with a different cast., Aug. 7 2012
S. K. L. Ip "Stephen" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Terminator: Salvation (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Anton Yelchin is the only person properly casted to play Kyle Reese, and he does resemble and sound like a younger version of Michael Biehn. Sam Worthington is fine to play this new cyborg character, but why on earth Christian Bale is picked to play John Connor? Bale is an excellent actor, but there isn't any chemistry among the characters. It seems Hollywood would continue to prefer British actors. Guy Pearce would be my pick to play John Connor if there is any chance for another remake.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good movie. My beef is with the bluray setup., Jan. 8 2010
I thought the movie itself was really well done. Far better than T3. They did a great job of doing a prequel/sequel storyline, and the special effects are awesome. I really liked how they balanced CGI effects with real props and puppets, so as not to give a fake, overdone "Stars Wars" prequels feel.

My beef is with the bluray setup itself. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but both blurays don't bring you to a disc menu where you can access special features until after the movie. At first I thought there was something wrong with the disc itself, so I exchanged it and had the same problem. If making the disc menu unavailable until the end of the movie (and, of coarse, all the annoying commercials and trailers) was intentional, then I have to say it's quite annoying and frustration to users. I hope Warner Brothers doesn't continue this practice with other blurays.

If I'm wrong about this problem, and other people are able to access the main menu at any point, post a message and let me know.

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked the movie (but not the extras), Dec 5 2009
Gis A. Bun (Montreal, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
They are trying to reboot the franchise after a half decade since the last movie. I suspect they will go for another one after this.

Plenty of action. I won't bother mentining much about the story. why give it away.

I'll assume they left all the good stuff on the Blu-Ray edition because there was a total ofd 31 minutes of extras on the second disc and notjing on the first. There is very little of any of the characters included in the movie. Which is surprising for a sci-fi/action movie where moszt movies could easily add an hour or so on the technology used [see second disc of Star Trek (2009)].

So if you like the extras, don't bother with this edition.

4.0 out of 5 stars It was alright, Dec 8 2009
Kenneth W. Butcher (Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm a huge fan of Terminator. The first one gave me nightmares when I was a kid, the second was just as good, the third one, well... Salvation really disappointed me at first. I just can't see Bale as Conner, not that he doesn't act it out nicely; he just doesn't work for me personally.

This film had to grow on me because I guess in many ways I had my own thoughts on filling in the blanks from what I knew of the story from the first two films. I guess it's like reading a book and then seeing the film only to find the lead character wasn't how you pictured him to be...

The directors did a good job on refreshing the story. No it doesn't follow the same foot print of the first one, but if you understand physics and space time continuums it can't. In Terminator 2 Arnold, John, Dyson, and momma Conner "stopped" judgment day from happening and changed the future (The future's not set - no fate but what we make for ourselves) and then in the third one we learned that judgment day was never stopped only postponed.

Watching the special features really helps me understand the directors mind and vision for the film. It's easy to judge a film based on your own ideas and say the director did a terrible job, but once you see all the hard work and thought put into it, you just can't judge it so harshly. Once I understood why the director did some of the things he did, this movie was better to watch. They did a good job of filling in the blanks. I enjoyed actually getting to see Terminators from a perspective that the other films have never shown before.

I give it 4 stars out of 5 because on its own (not in comparison to) it's a nice addition to the family of films.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terminator Savation : Mostly great movie with a few flaws., Jan. 31 2010
Daniel Goyette "PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE" (MONTREAL, QC CANADA) - See all my reviews
Terminator Salvation is a great movie and the number 4 of this saga started in 1984 , mostly it reach its target but make a few errors in my point of view like two Terminator models are more like The Transformers (Motobot and Hydrobot).

The story is very good and the special effects are simply amazing also the bonus material are not too bad since the Blu-Ray offer menu navigation beyond what simple DVD can do but you should get your Firmware updated for best viewing experience.

If you are a fan of Terminator movies i strongly suggest you get also Terminator 4 : Salvation but you should get also Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles seasons 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray and see another Female Terminator called Cameron.

The Sarrah Connor Chronicles get deep inside the concept of who , why and how Terminators have been created something the movies cant achives even when it get a long duration movie get Terminator : The Sarrah Chronicles are 31 Episodes of 45 minutes each.

Finally to enjoy all of the Terminators movies you must accept to take the time to view them slowly one at a time and if you look around you Skynet the internet network around us is getting the control slowly of all what we use everyday so maybe not to far away from real ....

The Movies in Theaters or TV Series about Terminator cant offer what it is available on Blu-Ray : the bonus materials and total control of viewing experience of course buying is more expensive that rental but if you want to be a movie collector that not too expensive.

Also if you buy it before december 2010 you get a free download of the movie from iTunes on Mac and also there is an option for PC Windows Users , i use Mac so get a legal copy on my iPhone and it take only about 5 minutes to download and weight about 1.4 Gb in size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., July 5 2013
KO-- - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I chose this rating because it shipped and arrived fast.

I bought it because I haven't seen this before and I wanted to add this to my Terminator collection.
The product came well protected and there were absolutely no scratches on the disc...
It was well taken care of.

I recommend this to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars T-Salvation, April 13 2013
Gino Olivieri - See all my reviews
Love it, a fitting follow up in this amazing take on what may become our destination. I could watch it over and over.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a fan of the Terminator series..., April 6 2013
and this scratched the Terminator itch. I ilke this movie better now since I've seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles - it didn't seem to follow the story in the movies all that well, but was a more natural extension of the show.

Terminator: Salvation (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
CDN$ 24.99 CDN$ 7.96