Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: DVDChange
Price:$74.00+ $3.49 shipping

on October 19, 2009
what can I say I read the graphic novel in my English class and it was the best novel I have ever read and I doubts that the movie would have the same impact on me as the graphic novel but by the end all my doubts were gone.

For anyone who has not read the graphic novel I would sujest reading it first that way you will enjoy the movie alot more but for those of you who dont want to heres the main plot. The year is 1985 and Richard Nixon is president of the united states? The world is different from ours though because vigilantes are real and have been around since the 1930's but Watchmen does something different and the men/woman that are in the costumes are a tad different than the ones we are used to seeing.

Batman, Superman and spiderman are well known heros and are all have great morals and always do the right thing but in Watchmen we see what it would be like if rapists and murderers dressed up and roamed the streets. Also Watchmen explains what it would be like if Superman were real and in the Novel/film the character Dr. Manhattan has every power you can think of and dosent seem to really care for humanity. In this world being a vigilante is illegal so many work for the government including dr Manhattan and he is responcible for Nixons third preident run.

As for the movie it lives up to the graphic novel very well and really gets you invovled with each character and their stories. One drawback I found was the film tried to be epic at some points over un nescissary stuff such as lighting a cigarette. Bottom line for what it is its great and is a must see for any Comic book fan.

Story 10/10
Action 8/10
Design 8/10
Acting 8.5/10
Overall 8.5/10
on January 12, 2012
I have finally found this after looking for it since it came out. Thankfully Amazon has a diverse selection of products, AND got it for cheaper than the $50+ I had expected.

Great adaption of the graphic novel, with a few changes that I had actually liked better, *SPOILERS* namely the ending. */SPOILERS* The Ultimate Cut makes it even better, and saves a bunch of money when you buy it by including the Motion Comic if you were going to buy it seperately anyway, aswell as the Black Freighter portion.

The box is great, although the pirate symbol button instead of the smiley face button was a poor choice. Minor gripe that does not affect my satisfaction with the product in the least however.

All in all, a great boxset. Would love if more movies were boxed like this, if they were applicable anyway.
on June 23, 2013
I wouldn't even begin to dissect this movie to tell you almost everything that everyone
hasn't already said,But I'm just going to say this is one awesome fricking unbelievably movie
that i have ever seen,i've loved [Jackie Earle Haley] even from Human Target,which was so
dam good have no idea why in gods name it was cancelled,Patrick Wilson just blew me away
with his acting,not until the credits start rolling then i knew it was him,honestly didn't know
it was him,Zack Snyder i so appricate you honestly took the time and patience to
make this movie what it is,thank you ..
on December 6, 2009
I waited...

I was concerned about waiting. The Watchmen : Director's Cut was now available. Fanboys on the web said there'd be an Ultimate Cut. But they'd been wrong before. Should I wait?

I discovered an ad for the Ultimate Cut. Apparently the rumors were true.

Was it worth the wait?

Witness the 'Black Freighter' segments woven into the plot. Witness the 'moving comic' as another disc enclosed with the package.

Worth every remarkably affordable penny.
on November 17, 2011
From the moment you put this DVD on to the really neat ending!! You'll love this Blockbuster!! The first 20 minutes spikes up the adrenaline . It is so arcane - its almost too bad that the media 'Had' to deflate the negative tension. GREAT PLOT! Wonderful effects. Does it leave you wanting more??i think not!
on August 24, 2012
Ok, first off, this is the best thing I've ever bought online. When I got it I was amazed by this product. This is such an awesome deal. Don't hesitate to get it. Best movie ever!!!! Every Watchmen fan needs this.
on March 14, 2014
This isn't batman, Spider-Man, Thor, iron man or any other family super hero movie. Its a dark adult comic book movie that has shooting and blood. Extended version is just over 3 hours long but worth the watch.
on March 15, 2015
Interesting storie. It's been the second time I watch it, and still as good as the first time. Good social interactions of the heroes. My 14 year old son simply love it.
on February 18, 2012
This movie is great! It portrays the graphic novel almost done to the T. Even some of the lines in the movie are directly from the graphic novel. If you are into superhero like stuff and haven't seen this or read this then you best stop what you are doing right now and order them, you will not be disappointed. I hope you have some time on your hands though the movie is 3 hours long and the graphic novel is filled to the brim with writing. (as are all Alan Moore books) it, do it. haha (a lil line from a totally of topic movie Starsky and Hutch)
on July 28, 2014
It was not what I was expecting; it was somewhat boring. I was expecting something akin to the comic of the same name, but that fact did no materialize.