countdown Learn more boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on January 16, 2016
Great refurbished product from Amazon. The tiny scuff they identified was a non issue, barelly noticeable... it's an external hard drive after and not Astin Martin. We use it as an external drive to one of our Bell PVR Ready Receiver, works great!
on June 17, 2014
I was using this external hard drive to stream media onto a Western Digital media player. After about a year, the media player started having trouble accessing files on the external hard drive. Eventually nothing could access it, including the computer I used to load media onto the hard drive. I assume it's a faulty usb connection but have yet to open up the enclosure and find out.

I've had good experiences with WD's internal hard drives so I'm pretty disappointed with this product. It did not live up to the WD name.
on November 16, 2010
Works well, have it partitioned to use for my wii backups and to backup my computer files. Havent had any issue yet.Would Recommend this external harddrive.
on September 9, 2012
j ai recu ce produit dans les délais raisonnable et l embalage etait comforme et sécuritaire pour que le produit soit protégé. tres bon service je suis un client satisfait eet je continue de magasiner sur ce site
on February 28, 2013
Livraison rapide, colis bien emballé, les articles que j'attendais étaient tous dans le premier envoi. Le produit fait ce qu'il doit faire. Image clair et son impeccable. Idéal pour le stockage des émissions de mon PVR. J'en ai un autre pour du stockage de données, jumelé à mon ordinateur.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 26, 2011
It wasn't too long ago that a 500GB drive could cost you up to $300, which is why this kind of rig is a welcome sight.

The drive itself is pretty standard: 1TB housed in a hard plastic casing. Depending on what you're looking for, this drive could be just what you need, or fall short. The drive is a little slow on the write speeds, and even goes into an idle if it's not being accessed. This can cause waits of about 15 - 30 seconds when bringing it out of the hibernation state. Another curious thing about it is it's lack of an off switch. You must use the Windows "Safely Remove Hardware" option in order to turn the drive off.

For me, this drive was a good choice, as I needed maximum space for archiving, not performance. If you need lots of space for storage and aren't too concerned about write and access speeds, this is a good choice. If you're looking for lightning fast read/write speeds then you should look elsewhere, and maybe even consider a solid state drive.
on September 7, 2011
I was using this product primarily as a media storage device to attach to my WDTV, so my review is based on this functionality. When I received the product, I'm not sure how, but it was formatted to have 1.5 TB of storage space, even though it is a 1TB hard drive. Although Windows recognized the drive and allowed me to store information on it, WDTV did not recognize the drive, requiring me to reformat it. However, when trying to reformat the drive, Windows would perpetually stop working half way through the reformat citing some error. In the end, I had to delete the main, then create a new volume on the drive, then reformat it. This process took close to a day to finish. After reformatting, the drive showed 1 TB of space, which is what it should have shown initially. At this point, it is recognized by WDTV, and I have no problems with it. I'm actually glad I bought the drive as it is very silent, and powers on when needed, if only the initial set up wasn't so problematic, I would have given it 5 stars.
on April 3, 2013
Years after my purchase, I did not need to do restores from the backups on it but it still works.
2014 - July: Update
It failed to start there for a little care but I changed adapters and it chums again just fine.
on May 16, 2011
Great product, just a blank hard drive with 1TB space. No need to install software, just plug it in and transfer files.
on May 4, 2011
Great item, very quiet, sure makes easy keeping all your data back-up secure. Although not USB 3, I find it's fast enough for most of my need. I loved-it so much that I bought a second one for my second computer. I shoot lots of videos and pictures and I find it perfect for backing up all my stuff.

See 1 answered question