4.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive with clean case
This is a good hard drive. Silent, great looking case and at good price. But i think it's too slow at writing. I use it with my 'Network Media Tank' for storing movie files. I transfert files around 6 Go regulary and it's a longer task than it should be. But other than, that i am very pleased with everything else! The best choice for a reliable external hard drive in my...
Published on June 11 2010 by Simon Leclerc

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, though a little unstable
The hardware works all right, except a little problem that happened less than a month after my purchase. One of it suddenly failed. I don't know why. The indication light on its front is suddenly dead and sequently the hardware failed to show up in the windows explorer. I guess it's because the socket suddenly went wrong because whatever electrical equipment I plugged in...
Published on Nov. 25 2011 by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars External Hard Drive, Feb. 10 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Western Digital WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBAAU0020HBK-NESN (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Personal Computers)
The hard drive works great, and its easy to install to my laptop.
My main concern was with the delivery. All the delivery people did was leave it at my front door.
My wife and I were both at home and we did not hear a knock on the door nor did the delivery company ring the doorbell.
I noticed the package sitting up again the front door as I was pulling out of the garage.
It would have been nice if we received a knock on the door or if the delivery company rang the door bell.
Its a good thing I live in a save part of the city, or it would have been picked up by someone else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play, Dec 18 2010
Y. Bertrand "Peter Moon" (Boucherville, Qc, Canada) - See all my reviews
Easy to install, no power switch, just copy and drop. It is shutting down by it own when we are finished to use it.

A bit slow but at the price paid not much troublesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars WD 2 TB Hard Drive, Dec 13 2011
Mr. S. R. Knowles "stevoid" (Yarker, ON CANADA) - See all my reviews
Great unit - using with a WD media player feeding a TV. Very simple, small and super quiet. Most external HDs have noisy fans - this one seems to have none and it runs cool! Very slick shiny black finish that matches the WD media player. Works well with 2 Macs I've tried it on. No doubt it will work with PCs as well. Nice unit! There is no on/off switch. This is an annoying trend in modern electronics - either you switch off a power bar or live with the tiny electrical loads continuously. On/off switches should be legislated mandatory!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, slow but steady, April 29 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I've only had this for a few months so I can't comment on its longevity but it works fine

The only issue is that it's USB 2.0 and not USB 3.0 which means that it is not fast for file transfers of a large size.

I transferred about 250GB and it took about 7 hours, so if speed is a problem for you then I would not recommend buying this and instead going for a more expensive model. That said it's fine for what I use it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works, Sept. 29 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is a 2 TB external USB 2.0 drive. It is designed to sit on a horizontal plane as opposed to my other drive which is a Seagate and sits on a vertical plane. The Seagate takes less space and can be easily knocked over. The WD takes more space but is very stable. I have put bookends on either side of the Seagate.

The WD works hard and long and has never given me any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly fits my needs, Oct. 9 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This external hard drive came formatted and works great with my HP laptop running Windows Vista. All I had to do was plug it in and drag and drop my files. It is quiet and doesn't heat up all at all. I read other reviews complaining about the slow transfer rate, but I use it for storing movies and photos, so the USB 2.0 is sufficient for my needs. I would definitely buy this product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after three months, Sept. 25 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I'm not impressed with the 2Tb external hard drive. It sat on a shelf, humming happily along and performing as it should... until it just didn't. Won't mount at all, just makes a weird beeping electronic noise.

Fortunately it's still under warranty and WD didn't take too long shipping a replacement. I doubt I'll buy another WD product though. Very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Good Price, Fast delivery, Nov. 11 2011
I have been looking for this product at a good price for system backup for 6 months. Fianally the price was down to $79.95. It came free shipping 2 days after ordering. Plugged it in and was ready to go, no hassles. Speed of (USB 2.0) backup was more than adequate for my needs and avoids having to buy either e-stata or USB 3.0 interfaces. Thankyou Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!, Aug. 1 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
So, I bought this because I was tired of downloading things, watching them, and deleting them. I bought it, and a few days later it was in my hands! It's quiet, easy to hook up, and HUGE. I've downloaded 25-ish different TV series/movies, and it has barely put a dent in this thing. It will take forever to fill up!

I do not regret this purchase one bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it as an internal, Aug. 31 2013
So you can pop these things open to use as internal 3.5 inch drives. Tutorial below. (voids warranty)
[...]

The actual drive inside is a WD20EARX.
Basically just a 2TB Green Western Digital drive.

Also if you use this as an internal drive I recommend turning off the head parking. Tutorial below.
[...]