4.0 out of 5 stars Hamilton Beach 1.7 Cordless Jug Kettle
Published on Dec 19 2009 by Hope

We drink a lot of tea so an electric kettle is an absolute must have in our house - and unfortunately our previous kettle (an off brand from Valdemart), which we had loved, had finally stopped working after 4 years of daily use.

Published 3 months ago by C. Hanley

4.0 out of 5 stars Hamilton Beach 1.7 Cordless Jug Kettle, Dec 19 2009
Hope (Saskatoon, SK CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
It looks attractive on the counter. The inside is stainless steel and you can't see the heating coils so that should eliminate the problem of corrosion and build up. One downside is that there has to be lots of water (maybe 2 to 3 cups) in the kettle to reach the minimum required, so to heat water for one cup of tea, you heat up 3 cups and 2 cups stays in the kettle to get stale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my new kettle!, Dec 2 2010
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
Very nice looking! It boils fast and pours without dripping! Comfortable handle! The water level indicator is hard to see but I didn't have one on my previous kettle anyway. And ++++: here in Canada, Hamilton Beach offers a 5 years warranty! (Ref. [...].)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, May 24 2010
K. Lochhead "Tea Lover" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
Looks really beautiful on my kitchen countertop and works just as great. Enjoy the stainless steel factor as most kettles are plastic and with new studies out, plastics are harmful to drinking water. Agree that you do have to fill it up a lot just to get to the minimum line for use, however.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettle, May 8 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
Looks good, works great. I wish the level indicator was a little bit larger, but it still deserves a 5 star rating. Very good price and speed of service by Amazon.ca. Ordered it at 10:00PM on a Tuesday evening - was drinking tea by 2:00PM on Friday. Would recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars I would not purchase again if I could send a message to my past self, March 20 2015
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)

This kettle is slow. I think it's because the base isn't as wide as our last one. It's also difficult to fill because the button on the handle to flip open the lid is not that great, and the lid itself doesn't lift very high so it's hard to get our faucet in there properly. The filter thing for the spout fell off once and we had to find a youtube video to figure out how to put it back on.

I think I may donate it. I hate this stupid thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars The auto shutoff feature is my favorite - I was looking for this for a long ..., March 11 2015
Alex Beyderman "Alexo" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
I have it for a week. No leaks or other issues so far. I think it some slower than my previous kettle. The auto shutoff feature is my favorite - I was looking for this for a long time. Ergonomic handle is well designed and have a good grip. The nose is great as well - longer than usual ones and more convenient for pouring hot water. The nose enables me to fill the kettle with water as well without opening kettle's cover.
The only drawback I see - water level indicator is not lit. I have hard times to see the water level.

Update, March 24, 2015 - Yes, water level indicator is almost useless without backlight, especially when water level is lower than 1L.
Small "Red Light" on side is hardly visible when looking from switch side.

1.0 out of 5 stars Operating on/off switch paddle extremely fragile, easily broken., June 19 2015
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
The power switch activation paddle on the base of the kettle immediately below the handle is made of lightly structured plastic is extremely fragile and is easily broken.The paddle is in a very exposed position and if knocked or twisted it will break, There are no spare parts available for this kettle. If it fails the unit is useless.
I suggest the selection of a kettle with a more robust and less exposed operating switch.
The lid catch is also very fragile and often fails to engage.
The unit did, until the failure of the switch, work reasonably well, if not rather slowly.Sadly yet another product not designed to last.
Avoid.

I

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit noisy but Ok, Feb. 19 2014
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
As it was described before by someone else it is a bit noisy. The other disadvantage is a bit weird shape and the interesting min/max water levels. It seems it requires at least 1 litter of water at minimum.
Except these 3 minor comments it works perfectly. I would say it is one pretty nice purchase for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's a nice big kettle that only takes a minute or two ..., Feb. 5 2015
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
The filter on the spout is always falling off. It's difficult to put back in, and within a day or so it's just floating at the bottom of the kettle again. Otherwise, it's a nice big kettle that only takes a minute or two to boil (unless you're boiling a full pot). I like that the kettle can rotate on the base as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars What I like about this kettle is it attaches to the base ..., July 29 2014
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle (Kitchen)
What I like about this kettle is it attaches to the base in the middle, so you can put it on the base anywhere and it can swivel all the way around. I also liked that the element is not exposed to the water, so I am hoping for longer life out of this kettle than my last cheap kettle I bought.

Hamilton Beach 1.7 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle