4.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
This movie was very good. You can sense the eventual confrontation between the supporters of good and evil. The story line moves along well and the various sub-plots from previous films continue and / or are drawn to a conclusion. Each time I watch this movie I get a new piece of information from it.
Published on Jan. 3 2010 by R. McMane

3.0 out of 5 stars No English Subtitles or Close Caption
The single dvd edition only has French subtitles, no close captions for hearing impaired.
The 2 dvd edition has English, French & Spanish subtitles.
I didn't care much about the extra bonus contents that's why I just picked the single dvd edition, and now very disappointed.
Published on Dec 9 2009 by Amazon JellyFish

3.0 out of 5 stars No English Subtitles or Close Caption, Dec 9 2009
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Full Screen) (Bilingual French/English Edition) (DVD)
The 2 dvd edition has English, French & Spanish subtitles.
There is a VERY small fine print on the back of the case saying "Subtitles: French". Had it been printed larger, then I would have bought the 2 dvd edition with English subtitles because in the theatre I have missed some dialogues and words they said (English is my 2nd language), thought I can enjoy it "fully" in the comfort of my home, nope, sucks.
I know the single dvd edition is about $10 cheaper, but come on, not even English subs ? How about those hearing impaired ? Force them cough up $10 too ? That's cheap, when you consider how much $ they have made out of us, like me, 7 books, each movie twice in theatre, then every dvd...
Hope nobody makes the same mistake, yes, my own mistake :(

The movie itself is fun like the other 5, I enjoy all 6. For those who compare it to the book, that's not realistic, we all know no movie adaptations is perfect, so if you like the last 5 movies, yes, you will like this one. If you're picky, read the book again. I gave 3 out of 5 not really because of the movie or acting, but the way this product is done, sort of incomplete to me. Thanks for reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Jan. 3 2010
R. McMane (Alberta) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, Feb. 7 2010
Melissa M. Guay "M. Guay" (Montreal) - See all my reviews
If you like the 5 previous Harry Potter movies, you'll like this one too :-)
But I do suggest you read the book first to appreciate it better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter and the half blood prince, Jan. 31 2010
Irene Walker (Cochrane AB Canada) - See all my reviews
Must have for my collection.
This film was not as good as previous ones Book was much better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best, Nov. 22 2009
Foreverwolf (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm a huge Fan of the Harry Potter Series, and this was an incredible let down in comparison to the others.
The SFX were as amazing as ever (though to be honest, I went to see it in Theatres; might not look so impressive at home), and the actors did the best they could with what they had to work with, I'm sure.
Trouble is, there wasn't a lot to work with. This movie had far too much of that 'teen soap' feel to it as they tried to create some love interests for the main characters. They also tried far too hard to input their humor- and sadly, failed.
For those who preferred the darker edge the movies have taken on over the years, be prepared for a let down as the creators tried for a more 'Fluff' approach.
There were several smaller plot payoffs, however, that make it a necessary evil to watch it in order to continue on with the next two movies (Deathly Hallows was broken into two movies).
Without giving away too much- if you own the rest of the series and need this as part of the set, then wait until it goes on sale!

CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 16.69