4.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement
1. Eccentric shape of glass jar makes for easier emptying.
2. Locking mechanism of jar to base is greatly improved - simpler, sturdier, easy on, easy off.
3. Base gasket easier to install/remove.
4. Easy wash [I prefer by hand].
5. Stable
6. Noisy, but that's expected,
7. Blends well even though blades aren't sharp; a safety feature
8...
Published 18 months ago by James Jackson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not satisfied
I was all excited about purchasing an blender to make smoothies and get rid of my 25 year old Oster to Good Will. I used the Kitchen Aid blender four or five times. Then I realized that the liquefy option didn't really liquify almond pieces or even blueberries. It's really a blender for smoothies not protein shakes or drinks. It did crush ice to a finer powder for...
Published 23 months ago by Zuki

4.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement, Jan. 16 2013
1. Eccentric shape of glass jar makes for easier emptying.
3. Base gasket easier to install/remove.
4. Easy wash [I prefer by hand].
5. Stable
6. Noisy, but that's expected,
7. Blends well even though blades aren't sharp; a safety feature
8. Better than 2 other brands which preceded it and better than the older KitchenAid

4.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, but be careful when crushing ice!, Nov. 10 2012
So far I am fairly satisfied with this blender. The motor is extremely powerful, and it does a great job on soups, smoothies, anything liquid.
I would have given this item 5 stars, if not for the fact that the ice crushing mode turned out very scary. The first time I used it for this, I put in about 5 cubes directly from my freezer and used the "crush ice" setting. The pulsing movement seemed to be working fine, but, on about the 4th pulse a big chunk of glass blew out of the side of the jar. Some glass stayed inside the jar, and got shredded on the next pulse, before I could shut it off, damaging the blades. I called KitchenAid Canada and told the rep what had happened, and they replaced the jar and the base; the parts arrived in about a week, and I did not have to send back the damaged parts as proof of loss. This is customer service as it should be!
In short, great blender, fantastic customer service, wear safety goggles if crushing ice!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Aid blender review, March 5 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid KSB565WH 5-Speed Glass Jar Blender, White (Kitchen)
Bought this blender based on the reviews I read on this and other sites. It landed here at $149 with all taxes and shipping in. It blends fine, seems powerful enough and is fairly quite. We use it daily for smoothies and it will crush ice and frozen fruit without a problem. It cleans easily and over all seems like a decent machine. Time will tell on how durable it is but the construction looks solid. Wanted the stainless color but it cost more and did not seem worth the extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, June 4 2013
I've been using this blender daily for the last couple weeks for breakfast smoothies and it has been great. Does a great job of blending whatever fruits and vegetables I've been throwing in there. It leaves minimal to no lumps in the finished smoothie making for an easy drinking breakfast replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, July 6 2013
The base is sturdy, heavy, and it really grips to the counter top

The pitcher unit simply drops onto the base and stays put, so no need to attach it in any way.

I prefer the glass pitcher over other plastic models.

Unlike some blenders, the seal does not leak and it actually crushes ice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice blender, March 3 2013
I bought this blender for its ice crushing capabilities and it works well. Does a good job on protein shakes and soups too. I like the fact that it starts slow and then speeds up. My only critism is that it tens to walk when crushing ice so hang on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Function and style, May 3 2013
I had read reviews saying that this machine wasn't working to make super smooth smoothies for people. Wrong, it makes great smoothies. The trick is to use the pulse function or the ice crusher function to really blend everything to perfection. I get a perfect smoothie everytime now in spite of starting with all frozen fruit. Otherwise, that machine is a spiffy addition to my kitchen. I love having small appliances that aren't too ugly to leave on the countertop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blender review, March 30 2013
So far so good, powerful blender, great price, love the color, easy cleanup. Good size for the two of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and strong!, March 27 2013
I've been using this blender for a few months, making mostly smoothies from frozen fruit (which burned out my cheaper blender). This one has no issues at all with heavy duty use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Feb. 9 2013
I was scared after reading the reviews but love this blender it has all the power and function I need.

KitchenAid KSB565WH 5-Speed Glass Jar Blender, White