4.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, but be careful when crushing ice!
So far I am fairly satisfied with this blender. The motor is extremely powerful, and it does a great job on soups, smoothies, anything liquid.
Published 17 months ago by Georgey

1.0 out of 5 stars leaks.. big mess
I got this premium product as a replacement for the previous model made of plastic. I thought the glass model would be more hygienic. Turns out the seal is faulty and prone to leaks. After a giant mess, for me this was a deal breaker, and I'm sending it back. Kitchen Aid, I expected more form you :(

Very disappointed. Appliances are suppose to save us time, not...
Published 16 months ago by Nicholas Manolakos

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, but be careful when crushing ice!, Nov. 10 2012
I would have given this item 5 stars, if not for the fact that the ice crushing mode turned out very scary. The first time I used it for this, I put in about 5 cubes directly from my freezer and used the "crush ice" setting. The pulsing movement seemed to be working fine, but, on about the 4th pulse a big chunk of glass blew out of the side of the jar. Some glass stayed inside the jar, and got shredded on the next pulse, before I could shut it off, damaging the blades. I called KitchenAid Canada and told the rep what had happened, and they replaced the jar and the base; the parts arrived in about a week, and I did not have to send back the damaged parts as proof of loss. This is customer service as it should be!
In short, great blender, fantastic customer service, wear safety goggles if crushing ice!

4.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement, Jan. 16 2013
1. Eccentric shape of glass jar makes for easier emptying.
2. Locking mechanism of jar to base is greatly improved - simpler, sturdier, easy on, easy off.
3. Base gasket easier to install/remove.
4. Easy wash [I prefer by hand].
5. Stable
6. Noisy, but that's expected,
7. Blends well even though blades aren't sharp; a safety feature
8. Better than 2 other brands which preceded it and better than the older KitchenAid

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Aid blender review, March 5 2011
Bought this blender based on the reviews I read on this and other sites. It landed here at $149 with all taxes and shipping in. It blends fine, seems powerful enough and is fairly quite. We use it daily for smoothies and it will crush ice and frozen fruit without a problem. It cleans easily and over all seems like a decent machine. Time will tell on how durable it is but the construction looks solid. Wanted the stainless color but it cost more and did not seem worth the extra.

1.0 out of 5 stars leaks.. big mess, Dec 22 2012

Very disappointed. Appliances are suppose to save us time, not give us grief.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, June 4 2013
I've been using this blender daily for the last couple weeks for breakfast smoothies and it has been great. Does a great job of blending whatever fruits and vegetables I've been throwing in there. It leaves minimal to no lumps in the finished smoothie making for an easy drinking breakfast replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, July 6 2013
The base is sturdy, heavy, and it really grips to the counter top

The pitcher unit simply drops onto the base and stays put, so no need to attach it in any way.

I prefer the glass pitcher over other plastic models.

Unlike some blenders, the seal does not leak and it actually crushes ice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice blender, March 3 2013
I bought this blender for its ice crushing capabilities and it works well. Does a good job on protein shakes and soups too. I like the fact that it starts slow and then speeds up. My only critism is that it tens to walk when crushing ice so hang on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Feb. 9 2013
I was scared after reading the reviews but love this blender it has all the power and function I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything as advertized, Sept. 22 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid KSB565SM 5-Speed Blender with Glass Jar, Silver Metallic (Kitchen)
strong motor, destroys everything I put into the machine.love the way the collar/blades attach with a click into the glass jar and of course remove for easy cleaning. Wish I did not have to send in product proof of purchase to claim the coupon discount - should be up front.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, Aug. 16 2012
I've had this blender for a little over a month now. It works great and pulverizes everything I put in it. Crushing ice is no problem with this machine. It is loud, but for how long it's on at a time it's well worth it. Cleanup is simple. Love having a glass jar vs plastic - feels more hygenic after washing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›