march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Color: Silver Metallic|Change

on January 16, 2013
1. Eccentric shape of glass jar makes for easier emptying.
2. Locking mechanism of jar to base is greatly improved - simpler, sturdier, easy on, easy off.
3. Base gasket easier to install/remove.
4. Easy wash [I prefer by hand].
5. Stable
6. Noisy, but that's expected,
7. Blends well even though blades aren't sharp; a safety feature
8. Better than 2 other brands which preceded it and better than the older KitchenAid
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 10, 2012
So far I am fairly satisfied with this blender. The motor is extremely powerful, and it does a great job on soups, smoothies, anything liquid.
I would have given this item 5 stars, if not for the fact that the ice crushing mode turned out very scary. The first time I used it for this, I put in about 5 cubes directly from my freezer and used the "crush ice" setting. The pulsing movement seemed to be working fine, but, on about the 4th pulse a big chunk of glass blew out of the side of the jar. Some glass stayed inside the jar, and got shredded on the next pulse, before I could shut it off, damaging the blades. I called KitchenAid Canada and told the rep what had happened, and they replaced the jar and the base; the parts arrived in about a week, and I did not have to send back the damaged parts as proof of loss. This is customer service as it should be!
In short, great blender, fantastic customer service, wear safety goggles if crushing ice!
on March 5, 2011
Bought this blender based on the reviews I read on this and other sites. It landed here at $149 with all taxes and shipping in. It blends fine, seems powerful enough and is fairly quite. We use it daily for smoothies and it will crush ice and frozen fruit without a problem. It cleans easily and over all seems like a decent machine. Time will tell on how durable it is but the construction looks solid. Wanted the stainless color but it cost more and did not seem worth the extra.
on January 3, 2014
We've been using this to make smoothies and the power is awesome! The ice crushing mode works perfect, although I always cringe expecting the glass container to shatter when it starts throwing the cubes around. One of the reasons we chose this over other brands was the fact the container is actual glass and not cheap plastic but I did see one review claiming the glass shattered while crushing ice.

The only negative is the noise it makes and the smell of what I would describe as over-heated oil if you run it for more than a few seconds. I though this would go away in time but so far it hasn't. Otherwise this is a great machine and has the power to liquefy pretty much anything you feel like putting in there!
on March 3, 2013
I bought this blender for its ice crushing capabilities and it works well. Does a good job on protein shakes and soups too. I like the fact that it starts slow and then speeds up. My only critism is that it tens to walk when crushing ice so hang on!
on October 7, 2013
I was looking for a sturdy blender that could stand up to a lot of use so I decided to get a classic kitchenaid blender which had been recommended. I make a lot of soup and smoothies (with ice and frozen fruit!) and it blends great, the only downfall is the lid... it leaks! If I don't hold a towel over the top of the blender when I use it I have liquid flying out of it and making a mess! The product descriptions says the "flexible lid will maintain its tight seal" but unfortunately mine leaked from the day I got it. And I am not over filling it, I have tried adjusting the clear plastic ingredient cup in the lid as well but no joy :(
on January 30, 2013
Overall the blender is fine...does its job. The mechanism to take apart the base and remove blade to wash though is a bit tricky and a source of frustration. It seems to be made a bit flimsily (if that's a word?!) and seems like it's liable to break after a bit of use. We much prefer the Cuisinart we had for so many years however its glass pitcher that broke was no longer being manufactured.
on June 10, 2013
My wife's primary criteria for replacing our existing Oster blender was it had to be better at crushing ice. I bought the KSB565 on the basis of positive reviews on its ice crushing. It lived up to its billing. Sometimes it has a little trouble getting the cubes into the blades, and you have to add more liquid. But in general we've been very pleased with its ability to make smoothies, daiquiris, etc. Have not tested it extensively with other blending tasks. Time will tell if my decision to get the smaller glass pitcher was wise. (I was worried about microabrasions in the plastic one.)
on August 16, 2012
I've had this blender for a little over a month now. It works great and pulverizes everything I put in it. Crushing ice is no problem with this machine. It is loud, but for how long it's on at a time it's well worth it. Cleanup is simple. Love having a glass jar vs plastic - feels more hygenic after washing.
on March 30, 2013
So far so good, powerful blender, great price, love the color, easy cleanup. Good size for the two of us.