march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis snsflyout Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on July 10, 2014
I bought this tool because I already have a cordless drill set with two batteries. It's great value for the stand alone tool. I don't use this tool professionally, I'm more of a weekend warrior. I have been using this tool for over a year with no issues.

Pros:

-Very solid feel with lots of power. It will not run out of power when driving screws into wood.
-Excellent battery life when paired with an XRP battery. It seems to go on forever.
-The bit holder at the front of the drill is a nice feature for those annoying on off screws

Cons:

-This tool is heavier than others on the market. I use a heavy battery which doesn't help, but the new 20V Lith-Ion stuff is much lighter. it's not an issue if your arms don't get tired easily, but it can be if they do.

Keep in mind when using this tool it is an impact driver, not a screw driver. If you want to put screws into your particle board or soft wood furniture don't think about this. It will split it wide open and over drive. The trigger has good sensitivity but there is too much power and driving action for soft projects.
on February 28, 2013
I matched this with batteries for my drill/driver and I was in business. I mounted a wood storage rack by driving through it and into the wall studs with 6" screws without any difficulty whatsoever.
on July 3, 2012
Great little driver with good power and speed. Drives smaller screws without impact for quieter operation, yet has no problem with tougher jobs. Works well with my Dewalt existing batteries
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 6, 2015
This is an absolute MUST HAVE for anyone into DIY projects. Even if you're not, it's still a good idea to keep one around. Nothing gets screws into the wood like a Dewalt impact. I've been working with them for about 10 years now and can not imagine doing projects without them!
on March 9, 2016
The Dewalt impact driver is perfect for my use. It is my "go to" for driving screws and drilling and I prefer this to my drill. It is light-weight and nicely balanced, although the XRP battery (recommended) makes it a little heavier. I prefer the 18 volt to the newer 20 volt models as it seems to have more "umph" The built in led light is also very useful. I highly recommend this unit.
on November 8, 2013
Handiest tool in the box use it for every thing. with the XRP Nicad battery's it is alwys ready to go.
on May 13, 2014
I bought one of these cause a buddy of mine has one and he liked his. It is an awesome driver, with tons of power. It also is light and fits into my hand really comfortably. Wish I would of had one years ago. Also it seems to be easy on the battery. I would highly recommend this Dewalt Driver!
on January 1, 2014
The hammer action really helps to drive a screw.
If you already have Dewalt lithium batteries and chargers, this is a must have tool.
Note: The regular charger for the 18 volt series doesn't charge the lithium batteries.
The best price for this charger is at Amazon.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2014
At first was a bit concerned it would do the job. but I bit the dust and bought it, really like it it is small, but it has spunk, a really usefully tool. I was amazed by how big of jobs this little tool could handle. someone really did there home work.
on May 26, 2013
I do a lot of on farm building and repair .... this is my second Dewalt impact driver ..... it fits the hand well , good balance , good battery life and it works like a draft horse in spite of its size . An excellent tool .

See 1 answered question