5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mixer
This all round blender is great for almost any mixing. Easy to clean up. Great to have an option in colour.
Published 17 months ago by Rosanne N. Roque

1.0 out of 5 stars broke on 2nd use, blending something light...
Published on April 26 2012 by MJ

1.0 out of 5 stars broke on 2nd use, blending something light..., April 26 2012
MJ (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart CSB-76RC Smart Stick® Hand Blender - Red (Kitchen)
I purchased this hand blender less than 2 weeks ago. The first time I used it, I loved it. It was powerful, smooth, worked like a dream. It seemed so much nicer than my old Braun, which wasn't very powerful but it lasted about 10 years, helping me make puddings, shakes, soups and smoothies. I bought this new hand blender to make my own lotions so I don't use it to chop or pulverize or do anything heavy duty. And I don't need to use it for more than 1 minute at a time, probably more like 30-40 seconds at a time. Well like I said, it worked so well the first time I raved about it to my husband. That's why I was so disappointed it broke after I used it the second time. I suddenly heard this loud clacking noise and I thought the blade had broken which would have been weird since I wasn't blending anything solid. When I ejected the shaft I realized the plastic part that connected the shaft to the main unit had broken off. This part should not be made out of plastic. I think it can't handle the strain of the powerful motor.

The warranty literature that comes with this blender tells you not to return it to the store where you purchase it. They want you to return it to in Woodbridge, Ontario. Luckily, I live in Toronto and it is located about a 10-15 minute-drive from my husband's work. BUT, I'll have to ask my husband to go out of his way, as it's in the opposite direction of coming home, if I don't wish to pay the shipping and return fees. Husbands are not always so keen to do this kind of stuff. Or I can spend the $10 in gas and drive 40 minutes each way...x 2 (delivery, then pick up). This blender cost me $40...is it worth all the trouble? What if it breaks again within the first several uses after I do all that?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do but it makes me not want to buy another Cuisinart product again. What good is a warranty if you need to be out of pocket and can't return to the store where you purchased a product???

1.0 out of 5 stars How to Return This Blender, Aug. 22 2013
Vieve (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
MJ:

I don't buy Cuisinart anymore, ever. Period.

All the appliances seem to have the instructions not to return the product to the store if there's a problem, but to the manufacturer. That's just to keep the store buying from the manufacturer even if it turns out to be a lousy product. You can return anything to any store, generally. Obviously you need to do it within the return period, with the receipt if possible, but when I have had something like a blender that broke on the second use, even if I have no receipt and I'm out of the return period, (especially if it's because I mucked around trying to find the manufacturer), they'll take it back. With no receipt, generally for store credit only. Be assertive and repeat what you want til you get it. If you don't get it complain. Escalate the complaint til you get what you want.

I bought a Cuisinart corn popper. Returned it to the store a zillion times: at least five. You buy it, it breaks. Ditto many other Cuisinart products I've had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mixer, March 17 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Jan. 22 2012
This hand held blender does everything I expected. I bought it for the purpose of making fruit based smoothies and it does an excellent job. The big bonus for me is the ease in cleaning it afterwards, just pop the blender head off and its clean and put away in seconds. Plus its great for making soups etc. Very happy so far after nearly 2 months of everyday use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily one of the best blender for the price! Dont hesitate to buy!, Jan. 12 2012
I bought this for my wife for Christmas but ended up giving it to her early since she was wanting to make baby for for our six month old son.

Since then we love the thing. Powerful, fast, and extremely easy to clean up.

Baby food takes us literally 5 minutes. Take some of our meal that is safe for baby to eat and put in cup, add some water, blend. You now have baby food that you know what your kid is eating! Then for clean up, disconnect the blade portion and spray/rinse with water. We rarely have to "wash" the blade/shaft but do for sanitary reasons.

Smoothies. We love smoothies but before with a old standard blender we would always have issues with 1)everything getting blended 2)clean-up, 3) did I mention clean up! Now toss what you want in the cup, blend! DONE! Its faster to make multiple smoothies than it was to make one batch with the older type blender.

Heck, I even tried it for making waffle batter the other morning and it did a pretty good job!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best hand blender I've ever used!, July 3 2011
WHoever designed this blender is brilliant - it's so efficient, so easy to clean, so great in every way. I'd absolutely reccomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Blender, March 13 2011
Great blender! Purchased for making baby food, and it works very well. Cleaning is easy, and it has the right amount of power. Overall, a product that delivers at a good price.

Very pleased with Amazon service too. This item arrived on my doorstep within 2 days of purchase. I will be purchasing from Amazon again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little tool, March 7 2011
Great for fine purees. The included cup is great for liquids but sucks for anything with substance as there's no room for it to move around. There's a lot of space above the blade too which food gets stuck in. But... it's made the smoothest mashed potatoes ever when used in a bigger bowl and it's so quick!! Perfect for whipped cream too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your new right hand, Dec 25 2011
This hand blender is simple to used, light, high powered, perfect for smoothe and iced coffee, soup and potage....and in red!

4.0 out of 5 stars QUICK & HANDY BLENDER, Nov. 29 2011
weaselhead (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This blender works best for small jobs such as fruit purees or smoothies. Use a medium bowl to process cottage cheese fine or select mixed frozen fruit from Costco with fresh fruit and fruit juice to make a delicious smoothie. Add some honey if needed. Compared to ready to pour smoothies, a fresh prepared drink is always better and tastes even better. Ready to pour drinks add acidifiers(citric acid) to act as a spoilage prevention additive, and flavours to cover cannery grade fruit(poor).Fresh is best and COSTS LESS!