4.0 out of 5 stars Used almost daily..
I received one of these for Christmas three years ago and love it. We use it almost daily while cooking (chopping onions, mincing garlic, making babyfood, pureeing soup etc) and it has withstood this heavy use well.
My only complaint is that there is only one speed - I would like this more if there were two.
Published on Aug. 9 2010 by Kimberly Winiski

1.0 out of 5 stars Really really really bad!
I had 3 of these. Each time it broke i couldn't get my money back and so i was given a replacement. Each piece works well in isolation but when using the blender the unit become hot and eventually fuses the motor with the blender, which means you can no longer use the other attachments. Very disappointed !!
Published on Dec 24 2011 by Captain Solo

4.0 out of 5 stars Used almost daily.., Aug. 9 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart CSB-79C Smart Stick Hand Blender with Whisk & Chopper Attachment (Kitchen)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, March 20 2013
I do like this product. In fact this is my second one. I use it almost daily for smoothies.

My only complaint is that the motor heats up after I make only 2 smoothies consecutively (using alot of frozen fruit) stopping production of more. It cools down in a few hours and is then good to go again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and versatile, Aug. 10 2013
I replaced a Braun unit, similarly designed, that died after over 10 years of use. I was looking for another Braun but the ratings were so high on this product that I took a chance and trusted other consumer reviews. Once again, the Amazon consumer reviews were right. This product is amazing. It is so much more powerful than my previous blender that there is no comparison. An exceptional kitchen tool! All of the attachments outperform anything else in my kitchen. Even the whisker is first-rate at creating whipped egg whites for meringue in very little time without the use of cream of tartar or similar agents, even in a glass bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product!, Aug. 3 2013
Even if I just bought the huge Kitchen Aid Architecht Food Processor, this is still the tool that I am using the most. I have it now for more than 3 years and it is still in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, May 8 2012
I like this Hand blender a lot. It's versatile, powerful and useful. You can chop, blend and mix quickly. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful versatile immersion blender, Aug. 24 2012
Nicole Garden (SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
I got this blender as a wedding present. I use it more than any other similar appliance (blender or food processor) in my kitchen.

The processor attachment has a very sharp blade that can be positioned for either sharp chopping or dull mixing within the container. I use this for small batch processing and chopping, anything that would be too small to need the full food processor. The one blade nearly scrapes the bottom of the container so it can take some scraping and messing about with tilting to get a good blend but not any more so than any other food processor.

The whisk attachment is quite nice indeed. I have used it for making macarons and whipping egg whites, basically any task which would have your arm screaming at you with a typical whisk. It's important to note that this item isn't intended to be used on full blast for 10-20 minutes at a time, so some elbow action is necessary. That said, there's not usually so much load on the blender with the whisk attachment that the motor will overheat.

The immersion blender attachment is the one that sees the most action in my kitchen. Soups, cans of whole tomatoes, sauces, mayonnaise, you name it. It's metal so it blends in a hot pot rather adeptly, though proceed with caution so you don't end up burned. It tends to suck itself to the bottom of a vessel so you need to hold it an inch or two above the bottom to get truly good blending. As well, the intakes on the side of the immersion blender attachment have a habit of getting clogged with solids, so you do need to check every now and then to ensure that they're not blocked in order to get the best performance out of your device when blending potatoes or squash or tomatoes with peels.

I've had this blender for 3 years now and it's given me consistently good results. All parts except the motor housing are dishwasher safe. I imagine that with some care and not letting it overheat by beating it to death, I will get some great use out of this item for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent hand blender, April 2 2012
I have used a hand blender for many years, (Bamix was my first) and find that it is the most frequently used small appliance in my kitchen. My last one--Wolfgang Puck's'-promised to be the best because it had a variable speed and felt very heavy duty. ALAS, a year and a half after buying it, a tiny little tab (one of three s in the motor housing section) broke where it joined the lower part, making the machine inoperable. Alas it was the Achille's heel of the machine, and I had no luck trying to contact the manufacturer. Obviously Wolfgang Puck's company does not look after its customers because I soon discovered there were many others with the same complaint I had.
After reading a lot of reviews, I decided to buy the Cuisinart CSB-77C Smart Stick. So far, I am more than satisfied with its performance. It is light and easy to manage, has a simple and effective mechanism to detach and reattach the lower unit for cleaning etc. There is only one speed, but so far I haven't required any slower or faster.
Highly recommended.Cuisinart CSB-77C Smart Stick® Hand Blender with Whisk & Chopper Attachment

1.0 out of 5 stars Really really really bad!, Dec 24 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruined our dinner party, July 31 2010
The item was delivered promptly and looked good.

It was used twice as a wisk, twice as a blender and twice as a chopper. The third time my wife planned a dinner party and bought expensive ingredients. BUT when she tried to use the chopper, the motor just spun without turning the blade.

The three tools snap into the motor unit, and the connection failed between motor and tool. It consists of a rubber O-ring around the shaft of the tool which mates with a nylon sleeve on the motor unit. After only six uses, the O-ring spun off the shaft and stuck in the nylon sleeve. I removed the O-ring from the sleeve but the other tools will no longer work - they spin slowly but stop wehn they encounter the slightest resistance.

Our disapointment was compounded by being out of the 30 day Amazon return period - $106 divided by 6 uses = 6 very expensive meals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little product, July 11 2014