4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price
I do like this product. In fact this is my second one. I use it almost daily for smoothies.

My only complaint is that the motor heats up after I make only 2 smoothies consecutively (using alot of frozen fruit) stopping production of more. It cools down in a few hours and is then good to go again.
Published on March 20 2013 by Cookin' in the Kitchen

1.0 out of 5 stars cuisinart immersion blender
Published on Jan. 9 2013 by Susan J Wardle

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, March 20 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart CSB-79C Smart Stick Hand Blender with Whisk & Chopper Attachment (Kitchen)

4.0 out of 5 stars Used almost daily.., Aug. 9 2010
I received one of these for Christmas three years ago and love it. We use it almost daily while cooking (chopping onions, mincing garlic, making babyfood, pureeing soup etc) and it has withstood this heavy use well.
My only complaint is that there is only one speed - I would like this more if there were two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product!, Aug. 3 2013
Even if I just bought the huge Kitchen Aid Architecht Food Processor, this is still the tool that I am using the most. I have it now for more than 3 years and it is still in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and versatile, Aug. 10 2013
I replaced a Braun unit, similarly designed, that died after over 10 years of use. I was looking for another Braun but the ratings were so high on this product that I took a chance and trusted other consumer reviews. Once again, the Amazon consumer reviews were right. This product is amazing. It is so much more powerful than my previous blender that there is no comparison. An exceptional kitchen tool! All of the attachments outperform anything else in my kitchen. Even the whisker is first-rate at creating whipped egg whites for meringue in very little time without the use of cream of tartar or similar agents, even in a glass bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, May 8 2012
I like this Hand blender a lot. It's versatile, powerful and useful. You can chop, blend and mix quickly. I highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars cuisinart immersion blender, Jan. 9 2013
Susan J Wardle (London, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought one for myself and liked it so much I bought one for a gift for my daughter in law. After I used the chopper attachement twice, the plastic gear drive was stripped and it stopped working. The main immersion blender still worked but only for a few more times. I managed to return it and try again but the same thing happened. So did the gift one I bought. The motor has lots of power, the unit has good weight and a nice stainless steel finish but unfortunately, engineering chose to use a cheap plastic drive that wears out after a two or three uses. It seems that a good name product made in China soon becomes garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife's new favourite toy!, Jan. 10 2015
Richard Drdul (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This is my wife's new favourite toy! We bought it to replace an aging Braun immersion blender that was starting to fall apart. The Cuisinart blends much better and quieter. The smart deign where the motor unit detaches from the chopper unit means it is easy to wash without risking getting the electrics wet. The chopper attachment works great, and the whisk is awesome for emulsifying salad dressings. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful versatile immersion blender, Aug. 24 2012
Nicole Garden (SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
I got this blender as a wedding present. I use it more than any other similar appliance (blender or food processor) in my kitchen.

The processor attachment has a very sharp blade that can be positioned for either sharp chopping or dull mixing within the container. I use this for small batch processing and chopping, anything that would be too small to need the full food processor. The one blade nearly scrapes the bottom of the container so it can take some scraping and messing about with tilting to get a good blend but not any more so than any other food processor.

The whisk attachment is quite nice indeed. I have used it for making macarons and whipping egg whites, basically any task which would have your arm screaming at you with a typical whisk. It's important to note that this item isn't intended to be used on full blast for 10-20 minutes at a time, so some elbow action is necessary. That said, there's not usually so much load on the blender with the whisk attachment that the motor will overheat.

The immersion blender attachment is the one that sees the most action in my kitchen. Soups, cans of whole tomatoes, sauces, mayonnaise, you name it. It's metal so it blends in a hot pot rather adeptly, though proceed with caution so you don't end up burned. It tends to suck itself to the bottom of a vessel so you need to hold it an inch or two above the bottom to get truly good blending. As well, the intakes on the side of the immersion blender attachment have a habit of getting clogged with solids, so you do need to check every now and then to ensure that they're not blocked in order to get the best performance out of your device when blending potatoes or squash or tomatoes with peels.

I've had this blender for 3 years now and it's given me consistently good results. All parts except the motor housing are dishwasher safe. I imagine that with some care and not letting it overheat by beating it to death, I will get some great use out of this item for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kitchen Gadget I Ever Bought, Nov. 1 2013
I am usually quite lazy to write reviews on purchases but I had to do one after that delicious dessert I just whipped up in a flash.
I made it up myself and share it here.

I used 1/2 pack to 3/4 pack of dark chocolate chips , put them in a glass bowl and heated them up in micro wave until they were soft (just under 2 minutes).
I added one ripe banana cut up in pieces,
ca. 5 to 6 pitted dates and one scoop chocolate protein powder .
I then used the Cuisinart Shtick( I call it lovingly my Shtick) and start to mix everything . When most of ingredients were blended
I added 500g (0 % fat) Greek yoghurt and mixed everything again.
It tasted like the most decadent ,rich chocolate pudding ever . Very satisfying ready to eat in an instant and no guilt.
I also made all kinds of veggie soups with my shtick , potato one of the favorites.
I made pesto sauce in a flash and hummus.
It is also quick to clean with a toothbrush(takes a minute). I barely use any stand mixers anymore , this thing saves a lot of time . Why didn't I get one sooner I wonder always.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money, March 18 2011
I had the same exact blender for about 3 years when it broke down. I bought another one because it's good value for money. I hope the new one lasts longer. I love the chopper attachment - I use it to chop onion. The button that turns the blender on is very easy to press. The whole finish is real stainless steel so it's very durable.