4.0 out of 5 stars Used almost daily..
I received one of these for Christmas three years ago and love it. We use it almost daily while cooking (chopping onions, mincing garlic, making babyfood, pureeing soup etc) and it has withstood this heavy use well.
My only complaint is that there is only one speed - I would like this more if there were two.
Published on Aug. 9 2010 by Kimberly Winiski

1.0 out of 5 stars Really really really bad!
I had 3 of these. Each time it broke i couldn't get my money back and so i was given a replacement. Each piece works well in isolation but when using the blender the unit become hot and eventually fuses the motor with the blender, which means you can no longer use the other attachments. Very disappointed !!
Published on Dec 24 2011 by Captain Solo

4.0 out of 5 stars Used almost daily.., Aug. 9 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Cuisinart CSB-79C Smart Stick Hand Blender with Whisk & Chopper Attachment (Kitchen)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, March 20 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I do like this product. In fact this is my second one. I use it almost daily for smoothies.

My only complaint is that the motor heats up after I make only 2 smoothies consecutively (using alot of frozen fruit) stopping production of more. It cools down in a few hours and is then good to go again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and versatile, Aug. 10 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I replaced a Braun unit, similarly designed, that died after over 10 years of use. I was looking for another Braun but the ratings were so high on this product that I took a chance and trusted other consumer reviews. Once again, the Amazon consumer reviews were right. This product is amazing. It is so much more powerful than my previous blender that there is no comparison. An exceptional kitchen tool! All of the attachments outperform anything else in my kitchen. Even the whisker is first-rate at creating whipped egg whites for meringue in very little time without the use of cream of tartar or similar agents, even in a glass bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product!, Aug. 3 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Even if I just bought the huge Kitchen Aid Architecht Food Processor, this is still the tool that I am using the most. I have it now for more than 3 years and it is still in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, May 8 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I like this Hand blender a lot. It's versatile, powerful and useful. You can chop, blend and mix quickly. I highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really really really bad!, Dec 24 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful versatile immersion blender, Aug. 24 2012
Nicole Garden (SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
I got this blender as a wedding present. I use it more than any other similar appliance (blender or food processor) in my kitchen.

The processor attachment has a very sharp blade that can be positioned for either sharp chopping or dull mixing within the container. I use this for small batch processing and chopping, anything that would be too small to need the full food processor. The one blade nearly scrapes the bottom of the container so it can take some scraping and messing about with tilting to get a good blend but not any more so than any other food processor.

The whisk attachment is quite nice indeed. I have used it for making macarons and whipping egg whites, basically any task which would have your arm screaming at you with a typical whisk. It's important to note that this item isn't intended to be used on full blast for 10-20 minutes at a time, so some elbow action is necessary. That said, there's not usually so much load on the blender with the whisk attachment that the motor will overheat.

The immersion blender attachment is the one that sees the most action in my kitchen. Soups, cans of whole tomatoes, sauces, mayonnaise, you name it. It's metal so it blends in a hot pot rather adeptly, though proceed with caution so you don't end up burned. It tends to suck itself to the bottom of a vessel so you need to hold it an inch or two above the bottom to get truly good blending. As well, the intakes on the side of the immersion blender attachment have a habit of getting clogged with solids, so you do need to check every now and then to ensure that they're not blocked in order to get the best performance out of your device when blending potatoes or squash or tomatoes with peels.

I've had this blender for 3 years now and it's given me consistently good results. All parts except the motor housing are dishwasher safe. I imagine that with some care and not letting it overheat by beating it to death, I will get some great use out of this item for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife's new favourite toy!, Jan. 10 2015
Richard Drdul (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is my wife's new favourite toy! We bought it to replace an aging Braun immersion blender that was starting to fall apart. The Cuisinart blends much better and quieter. The smart deign where the motor unit detaches from the chopper unit means it is easy to wash without risking getting the electrics wet. The chopper attachment works great, and the whisk is awesome for emulsifying salad dressings. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little product, July 11 2014
Very handy - works well

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, June 30 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
My only 2 things are I wish the stick was a little longer and/or if there were some sort of cover to prevent splashes when mixing. Otherwise it works well and easy to use.