4.0 out of 5 stars It's a great purchase

Published on March 12 2010 by duckie paras

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend this one, March 12 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
We've had this rice cooker for a few years now and we still hate making rice every time. Firstly it's limited by how much you can actually make, too much, too little, it will always boil over to a starchy sticky mess down the sides of it's pretty stainless steel body and all over the counter. If we don't get to it in time, the bottom will always end up more cooked and crusty then the rest...i payed much more for this cooker, which is why we've persevered with it. But we've already got our eyes set on a japanese replacement. (sorry Cuinart)

3.0 out of 5 stars stopped working., April 11 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I have had this rice cooker for less than two years and it simply stopped working. I agree with the previous reviewers it does boil over and make a mess, it does make the rice crusty on the bottom, and the lid's design makes it difficult to clean. Don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing - violently boils over despite careful use, Sept. 26 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I chose this model at a local hardware store mainly because it was supposed to have a reasonably high capacity (7 cups cooked white rice). Despite the non-adustable cook temperature, I was happy to pay the $60 CDN due to the quality stainless-steel construction, attractive appearance and compact footprint.

I found right away that the lid did not seat properly on the cooking pot - but I don't know if that affects performance.

For the performance, I'm very disappointed and after only 4 uses I have packed up the unit ready to ship to the manufacturer. I'm just waiting for the word from their customer service, who I emailed.

First two uses were mostly trouble-free, except the brown rice (oatmeal the second time) was brown and crusty on the bottom after less than 30 minutes on "warm" after cooking (as was noted in a previous review).

Third use: Irish oatmeal, following instructions for 1/2 the maximum amount; boiled over. Good thing it was the weekend and I was there to shut it off right away.

Fourth use: Brown rice, 2/3 maximum amount according to instructions. Violently boiled over.

Verdict: the cook setting on this unit appears to be way too high, and temperature control may have deteriorated after initial use. Based on the other reviews on this site, quality control seems very spotty on this item. Don't buy it, you could be in for a headache.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor -- I just can't recommend it., Nov. 1 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I wish I could recommend this rice cooker because it's a great looking machine. But unfortunately it is very poor. I have been through two in the last three years -- they just can't keep up and we only have rice once a week or so. It always boils over and sputters even with careful attention to measurements.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a great purchase, Dec 18 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I choose this rice maker last Christmas. I have an small catering service and being a "1 man show" I choose always appliances to help me around. This works REALLY WELL. Either for brown rice or regular white parboiled. As an advice I would say that for Basmati Brown it works better when you let the rice soaking for 30min before starting and taking away a quarter cup of the water quantity. Only for Brown Basmati and Brown Long grain.

If I want to make a complain, I would just say that once you passed the 20 - 30 min rest you have to unplugged otherwise it will start to toast the bottom. I work hard with it. Never let me down. Give it 4.5

3.0 out of 5 stars I've had this rice cooker before... specifically ..., July 7 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I've had this rice cooker before... specifically with the retractable cord. After my old one broke, I found this exact model and it even mentioned that it had a retractable cord in the description. However, when I received the product, there was no retractable cord. Very disappointing as I was specifically looking for the one WITH the retractable cord. Not Impressed Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect rice every time!, May 20 2015
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I've been using it a few times a week for months now and it still cooks my rice perfectly every time.
Best part is you can cook your veggies at the same time. Perfect for those nights where you don't have energy to cook. Just put your stuff in there and wait for your meal to cook by itself.
Plus it looks great and it's very easy to clean!

1.0 out of 5 stars Quit after 11 months, April 22 2015
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
After 11 months of occasional use the unit quit working. Now I have to send it back to the manufacturer at my cost for repair or replacement. I don't really want a replacement since I was never very happy with it. It boils over every time even when not at full capacity, burns on the bottom if the warm unit is left on even for 5 minutes and the top is difficult to clean. I bought this because I thought it would be a better quality than others. Not so.

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the big price tag, March 15 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
It is not stainless inside the cooking pot, the cover does not fit well without the steamer set in side and the cover is difficult to clean. Cuisinart makes the best food processor they need to do more research on other products such as this rice cooker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker, April 2 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I had sent this to my son and family as a gift. They had had this same one before and was very happy with it and now needed a new one after ten years of use. They like this model very much and are very happy with the results.

A/W