5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker
I had sent this to my son and family as a gift. They had had this same one before and was very happy with it and now needed a new one after ten years of use. They like this model very much and are very happy with the results.

A/W
Published 5 months ago by Annie White

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend this one
Published on March 12 2010 by duckie paras

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend this one, March 12 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
We've had this rice cooker for a few years now and we still hate making rice every time. Firstly it's limited by how much you can actually make, too much, too little, it will always boil over to a starchy sticky mess down the sides of it's pretty stainless steel body and all over the counter. If we don't get to it in time, the bottom will always end up more cooked and crusty then the rest...i payed much more for this cooker, which is why we've persevered with it. But we've already got our eyes set on a japanese replacement. (sorry Cuinart)

3.0 out of 5 stars stopped working., April 11 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I have had this rice cooker for less than two years and it simply stopped working. I agree with the previous reviewers it does boil over and make a mess, it does make the rice crusty on the bottom, and the lid's design makes it difficult to clean. Don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing - violently boils over despite careful use, Sept. 26 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I chose this model at a local hardware store mainly because it was supposed to have a reasonably high capacity (7 cups cooked white rice). Despite the non-adustable cook temperature, I was happy to pay the $60 CDN due to the quality stainless-steel construction, attractive appearance and compact footprint.

I found right away that the lid did not seat properly on the cooking pot - but I don't know if that affects performance.

For the performance, I'm very disappointed and after only 4 uses I have packed up the unit ready to ship to the manufacturer. I'm just waiting for the word from their customer service, who I emailed.

First two uses were mostly trouble-free, except the brown rice (oatmeal the second time) was brown and crusty on the bottom after less than 30 minutes on "warm" after cooking (as was noted in a previous review).

Third use: Irish oatmeal, following instructions for 1/2 the maximum amount; boiled over. Good thing it was the weekend and I was there to shut it off right away.

Fourth use: Brown rice, 2/3 maximum amount according to instructions. Violently boiled over.

Verdict: the cook setting on this unit appears to be way too high, and temperature control may have deteriorated after initial use. Based on the other reviews on this site, quality control seems very spotty on this item. Don't buy it, you could be in for a headache.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor -- I just can't recommend it., Nov. 1 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I wish I could recommend this rice cooker because it's a great looking machine. But unfortunately it is very poor. I have been through two in the last three years -- they just can't keep up and we only have rice once a week or so. It always boils over and sputters even with careful attention to measurements.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor design, boils over even when 1/2 full, Nov. 13 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
Very poor design, boils over even when 1/2 full. Tried different types of rice or other grains. Pot is too low to contain expansion.

3.0 out of 5 stars I've had this rice cooker before... specifically ..., July 7 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I've had this rice cooker before... specifically with the retractable cord. After my old one broke, I found this exact model and it even mentioned that it had a retractable cord in the description. However, when I received the product, there was no retractable cord. Very disappointing as I was specifically looking for the one WITH the retractable cord. Not Impressed Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., May 29 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I haven't had a chance to use this product much since I got it, but so far it works great. It was shipped quick as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker, April 2 2014

A/W

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the big price tag, March 15 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
It is not stainless inside the cooking pot, the cover does not fit well without the steamer set in side and the cover is difficult to clean. Cuisinart makes the best food processor they need to do more research on other products such as this rice cooker.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great rice cooker, Feb. 15 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker (Kitchen)
I had one like this befor and it is many years old and nothing has ever gone wrong with it [[ It is used all the time

Cuisinart CRC-400C 7-Cup Rice Cooker