march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on March 12, 2010
We've had this rice cooker for a few years now and we still hate making rice every time. Firstly it's limited by how much you can actually make, too much, too little, it will always boil over to a starchy sticky mess down the sides of it's pretty stainless steel body and all over the counter. If we don't get to it in time, the bottom will always end up more cooked and crusty then the rest...i payed much more for this cooker, which is why we've persevered with it. But we've already got our eyes set on a japanese replacement. (sorry Cuinart)
on September 26, 2011
I chose this model at a local hardware store mainly because it was supposed to have a reasonably high capacity (7 cups cooked white rice). Despite the non-adustable cook temperature, I was happy to pay the $60 CDN due to the quality stainless-steel construction, attractive appearance and compact footprint.

I found right away that the lid did not seat properly on the cooking pot - but I don't know if that affects performance.

For the performance, I'm very disappointed and after only 4 uses I have packed up the unit ready to ship to the manufacturer. I'm just waiting for the word from their customer service, who I emailed.

First two uses were mostly trouble-free, except the brown rice (oatmeal the second time) was brown and crusty on the bottom after less than 30 minutes on "warm" after cooking (as was noted in a previous review).

Third use: Irish oatmeal, following instructions for 1/2 the maximum amount; boiled over. Good thing it was the weekend and I was there to shut it off right away.

Fourth use: Brown rice, 2/3 maximum amount according to instructions. Violently boiled over.

Verdict: the cook setting on this unit appears to be way too high, and temperature control may have deteriorated after initial use. Based on the other reviews on this site, quality control seems very spotty on this item. Don't buy it, you could be in for a headache.
on April 11, 2011
I have had this rice cooker for less than two years and it simply stopped working. I agree with the previous reviewers it does boil over and make a mess, it does make the rice crusty on the bottom, and the lid's design makes it difficult to clean. Don't waste your money.
on November 1, 2011
I wish I could recommend this rice cooker because it's a great looking machine. But unfortunately it is very poor. I have been through two in the last three years -- they just can't keep up and we only have rice once a week or so. It always boils over and sputters even with careful attention to measurements.
on September 11, 2015
This is a great rice cooker for a small kitchen. We usually cook for 2, this is the perfect appliance for that. Washes well/easily and takes minimal space on the countertop. It may slightly brown the rice if we leave it on "warm" too long after the rice is cooked - but on the rare occasion it happens, we kinda like the crunchy browned rice. We usually put the specified amount of water in the booklet and we add on top of that some rice vinegar and/or some oil or broth to give more flavour (so we end up putting a little more fluids than asked for in the booklet), and the rice turns out great/not burned. We love the steaming basket provided with it. It's so easy to use: put the rice, add the fluids, cover it up and start it, and wait until it's done - no need to stir! We like it a lot.
on May 20, 2015
I've been using it a few times a week for months now and it still cooks my rice perfectly every time.
Best part is you can cook your veggies at the same time. Perfect for those nights where you don't have energy to cook. Just put your stuff in there and wait for your meal to cook by itself.
Plus it looks great and it's very easy to clean!
on December 18, 2013
I choose this rice maker last Christmas. I have an small catering service and being a "1 man show" I choose always appliances to help me around. This works REALLY WELL. Either for brown rice or regular white parboiled. As an advice I would say that for Basmati Brown it works better when you let the rice soaking for 30min before starting and taking away a quarter cup of the water quantity. Only for Brown Basmati and Brown Long grain.

If I want to make a complain, I would just say that once you passed the 20 - 30 min rest you have to unplugged otherwise it will start to toast the bottom. I work hard with it. Never let me down. Give it 4.5
on December 22, 2015
I purchased this rice cooker from a local business that was closing its doors, I basically paid what I would have paid buying it on here even though it was 30% off (idiot me should have checked here first but oh well).

I haven't really had any issues with it, if your rice is crusty and browned maybe you didn't follow the directions properly? I haven't had water boil over (yet at least) but then again I'm not using 4-5 cups of rice either only 1 or 2 at a time.

I also haven't tried the steamer part yet, but will get to it soon.
on July 7, 2014
I've had this rice cooker before... specifically with the retractable cord. After my old one broke, I found this exact model and it even mentioned that it had a retractable cord in the description. However, when I received the product, there was no retractable cord. Very disappointing as I was specifically looking for the one WITH the retractable cord. Not Impressed Amazon.
on October 16, 2015
The rice cooker does cook my rice nicely but boils over. I had a big clean-up mess all around on the counter and all over the appliance itself. I'm considering returning it. A 2 litre saucepan used carefully works just as well; it just requires some attention.
That said it does cook nicely and I used it to reheat rice and it worked very nicely. I got a little better at handling the annoying cleanup.
The other down side of a rice cooker is that nobody's counter really needs ANOTHER appliance on it. We need smaller kitchens with fewer and smaller specialty appliances.