5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee maker.
I did my research before buying this and it is a solid purchase. As a bonus, it is one of the lower machines and fits under our cabinets so we have options on where to put it.
Recommended.
Published 3 months ago by Jason

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, but not for HOT coffee
The machine looks great, but fails on execution.

After using for it a week at the office, we have quickly found the flaws:

1. Coffee is not that hot. Even if you press the "1-4" double-heat button, and pre-warm the carafe.

Published 24 months ago by Ryan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, but not for HOT coffee, April 24 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart DCC-2400C Brew Central(TM) Thermal 12-Cup Coffeemaker (Kitchen)
The machine looks great, but fails on execution.

After using for it a week at the office, we have quickly found the flaws:

2. Must pour upside down! Carafe has a 1 inch inner lip, meaning you have to pour the last cup with it completely upside down, at which point it goes everywhere. There is an ingenuous inner closing spout to keep the coffee "hot" longer... but since it doesn't start hot, it misses the mark.

Looks great though, and does keep the initial lukewarm temperature for several hours. We just wish it made HOT coffee.

1.0 out of 5 stars A HUGE disappoinment, June 2 2012
This machine is a total disappontment.
It is poorly designed and made. The coffee is at best average. The wire mesh filter split at the seams within a month. The top of the carafe does not lock and unlock properly...you have to struggle with it to take it off and need to take it apart and reassemble it frequently. The feature that allows you to pour a cup while it is brewing does not work (and never did).
This machine is a prime example of absolutely shoddy workmanship and poor design.

3.0 out of 5 stars could be better for the $, Dec 2 2013
looks very nice.....coffee is hot to start but doesn't stay hot very long...the pot has a brim that forces the user to pour the last couple of cups upside down with the result that the coffee goes eveywhere.....the coffee will sometimes still come out from the top when you remove the pot to pour a cuyp prior to the full brew cycle....should be better for the $

1.0 out of 5 stars High Priced Junk, Oct. 8 2013
Pot leaks every time its poured, mess all over counter or table.
High priced JUNK with NO followup service!! was put on hold for one half hour
by Cuisinart customer service dept. Than abruptly cut OFF.
DO NOT BUY!!

1.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointed!, July 29 2012
We have had many coffeemakers over the years and were delighted to find a carafe version. We have had this coffeemaker for almost three years and have some complaints. The lid is VERY difficult to put on and take off. Unless you are making 12 cups of coffee it is difficult to determine how much water you are putting in. It is difficult to get the last of the coffee out of the pot. The most aggravating thing about this coffeemaker is that three times now it has spilled the water from the filter as it's filling. The coffee has gone all over the counter and down into our cupboards causing swelling of the wood. It has ruined a carpet. The coffee has gone into the drawers and I have had to dispose of many items that have been ruined. We would NEVER recommend this product and will contact the Corporate Office to determine what compensation they will give. In the meantime we have the coffeemaker sitting in a turkey roaster on the counter to prevent more expensive damage to our fairly new kitchen. SHODDY, SHODDY, SHODDY workmanship under the name of a reputable Cuisinart brand name. Don't buy it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, Aug. 2 2010
I loved my brew central so when I found one with a thermal carafe, I was thrilled... until I poured my last cup from the first pot and had to turn the carafe practically upside-down to make the last of the coffee to come out. It brews fine but I find that even the first cup isn't as hot as I would like it and I also struggle with getting the lid off the carafe to clean it. I have average length nails and find that I impact my thumb nail every time I try to open the lid... can't imagine what it would be like if someone had long nails... some times I just give up and try to rinse the pot without opening it... doesn't work well.
The problem seems to get worse with time and the seal around the lid has loosened with use which makes it even more difficult. I like the idea but it still needs some work... I'm going back to the basic model!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, May 23 2013
Makes good coffee, but the lid on the carafe has a check valve that always sticks when poring and the gasket becomes tight and hard to remove the lid and will eventually fail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did the designers try pouring or removing the lid with athritic hands???????, May 4 2013
I find this coffee maker really frustrating. Measuring the water level is difficult especially for a short person. Trying to get the lid off is near impossible and one needs to take the lid off to pour it properly. If you leave the lid on the coffee just dribbles out. I would certainly use the seller again but not the manufacturer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes good coffe, but, March 10 2014
Makes good coffee, but doesn't keep warm long enough. I usually have to heat up my coffee in the microwave

1.0 out of 5 stars NO LIGHT IN CLOCK???????, Jan. 30 2014
I found that there is no light in the clock, and the clock is very small and hard to read. I thought that maybe there was something broken so I inquired with your people and they told me that "WHAT I GOT IS WHAT IT IS". Very difficult to set programs when it is hard to see the clock.

Based on the problem with the clock, I would not buy a CUISINART product ever again and DEFINATELY would not recommend a Cuisinart product to any one I know.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›