4.0 out of 5 stars Great..until it broke
Published on Jan. 5 2012 by Alexander Eastwood

I will start with the good this grinder looks great and does not take up a lot of counter space. The brushed stainless finish is a great cosmetically this grinder is a winner. This grinder is quite compared to others I have used which is nice for those early morning when you do not care to drown you ears in high pitch grinding sounds first thing.

Now the bad...
Published on Nov. 30 2010 by cwestwell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the look but either spend more or get a different cheap one., Nov. 30 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart DCG-12BCC Grind Central(TM) Coffee Grinder (Kitchen)

Now the bad this grinder has absolutely no features, neither bells nor whistles. It lack the ability to set how much grind is in the mill or how course you want the grind to be which would not be so terrible if not for the several other models in the price range that offer that very feature. Because there is only one button (ON) you will regularly over grind over coffee or end up with chunks of large grind. The mill seems incapable to not getting the finer grind stuck to the bottom forcing you to bang the mill cup against something to free the stuck grind or use your finger to scrape it out (this also indicated a uneven grind size). I find the mechanism for locking the grind cup back into the grinder base to be awkward and sticky often causing several re-try's in order to get it seated properly. This grinder also lacks a winding cord instead gives the stuff the cord in the whole solution.

I give this product a generous 3 stars because it does do what it says it will do (if not poorly) and it does look great which in hindsight is why I bought it only to discover this grinder is a $10-$15 grinder in a pretty package with a fancy name on the side.

My real recommendation is to either spend more on nicer grinder or to buy the Hamilton Beach® Custom Grind(TM) Deluxe Coffee Grinder for the same price and be happy with a amazing grinder that just does not look as pretty.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent grinder, Oct. 12 2010
I bought this grinder to replace my still operational 20 year old Braun. What appealed to me about this grinder is the removable steel bowl which is awesome. Not so awesome is the fact that this sucker is messy. The way the lid fits around the bowl leaves room for grounds to make it over the edge and somehow make their way under the little steel bowl and on the canopy around it. It's marginally quieter than my old one, but it has a bigger footprint and takes longer to grind. It does grind well and it's stylish. I guess I was just expecting more. Like settings for different grinds (espresso, drip, French press). I'm satisfied, but not wowed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great grinder while it worked., Feb. 9 2011
I bought this grinder three months ago. It worked great and I had no problems until it just stopped working this morning. There was a faint smell of burning, and then, no more grinding. When I looked into the warranty, Cuisinart told me I needed to ship it back and included $10 S&H and then they might fix it. For a $40 grinder that just doesn't add up for me. Cheaper to buy a new one and not wait an indeterminate number of weeks to get it back. Poor customer service for a brand I thought I could rely on. Not impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great..until it broke, Jan. 5 2012
I bought this grinder six months ago and have been very happy with it until it broke on me out of the blue yesterday. And by broke I mean it started whirring with the lid off when I touched it, which made a total mess and resulted in my poor girlfriend taking a coffee bean in the eye. So I have quickly gone from impressed to unimpressed. The good news is that Cuisinart will replace it as it is under warranty, but I have to go in in person to the local Cuisinart centre, or pay out of pocket to ship it back to them. Annoying.

As for the grinder itself, it works super well. I like how you can grind a bunch of beans and then pop the seal-tight lid on and use those grinds for a few days, so that you don't have to grind every single morning. This grinder is bigger than I had expected, but well worth it. Here's hoping my default product was just a fluke; I usually find Cuisinarts to be work horses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, June 19 2010
This grinder was a replacement of one that I had for over 15 years. It still worked, however this unit offered the detachable stainless steel bowl. I really like this machine works great and seems to be built well. One caution do NOT over fill, it will not work or grind properly. It mentions this in the user manual, however easy to think once you use it a few times it will work anyway.

You will be pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cusinart buyer beware, March 3 2013
Cusinart buyers beware!

Initially worked like a charm for the first few months, but after a few month of intermittent use it started smoking and stopped working. This is the second Cusinart appliance that stopped working after less-than a year of use (our other item was a smartstick hand blender).

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrid Grinder!!, Oct. 23 2010
The second time I went to use this grinder the blade wouldn't spin. After taking it apart I discovered a plastic piece had melted. I attempted to fix it and ended up throwing it away after reading all the terrible reviews on the internet. I would never suggest this product to anyone and am surprised after so many problems it's still for sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 29 2014
Amazing piece, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best grinders, Aug. 6 2013
Stella Morrison (st. anne, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
I first used this grinder many years ago (1999) at my parents. It ground fast and quiet. My Mum could not recall where she bought it so all these years I used several other brands to grind my coffee, none could compare to the Cuisinart grinder. When I found it at amazon, I bought it right away. It is a powerhouse for grinding, fast and quiet. There is a lid so if you grind more than you need, just put a lid on it until next time. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh coffee, July 8 2013
I love grinding my own coffee. Nothing better then a freshly ground cup of coffee. Especially when made in a Kuerig!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›