5.0 out of 5 stars Keurig Elite Brewer
I think this is a great brewer & since you probably already know by now what it is & does, I'll get right to the one thing that I wish it was capable of doing:

Published on Jan. 22 2010 by Somebody, Somewhere

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
We have both the Keurig and Tassimo. The Keurig we use for Coffee because we can use the refillable coffee brewers and use the no-name decaf coffee, which is the brand my husband likes. We use the tassimo for me for tea, so far the Keurig doesn't have the kind of tea that I like.
Published 14 months ago by Deborah Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Keurig Elite Brewer, Jan. 22 2010
This review is from: Keurig Elite Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups K40 (Kitchen)

- besides the 2 presets, I'd like to see one more press & hold button to dispense a little more hot water when needed without having to go through another whole cycle... and that's it! (It could maybe even be just a tad hotter but I heard that if gets too hot then scaling becomes more of a problem. Sometimes I cycle a cup of hot water through with the small setting before making a K-cup just so I know it is brewing at its hottest because it only draws water one cup at a time and then heats the next as it comes in. It is ready to go without doing this but it's something that's so simple to do that it's not a problem for me).

Despite the fact that it is obviously for mass market production, it does what it's supposed to do very well and that's to produce a hot, steamy cup of Jav in less than 45 seconds. The accessory filter that can brew my own grinds has already come in handy while waiting for some K-cups to arrive via post.

I also got the Keurig Frother which either heats or heats & froths at the same time for times when you want to top off a hot chocolate or cappucino. Using it keeps the coffee hotter longer as well compared to using milk straight out of the fridge. This unit is simple to use, you fill the canister to one of 3 fill lines marked on the inside and push a start button. That's it. When it finishes it automatically shuts off on its own and takes less than a minute. It does a perfect job every time. All you have to remember to do is wipe and rinse the non-stick surface on the inside after each use.

They're the ultimate in convenience as far as I'm concerned which is exactly what I wanted on the kitchen counter!

**Update October 9, 2010**

After 9 months of use I would just like to say that Timothy's Dark Roast K-cups produce a great cup of bold coffee as well as Green Mountain for anyone interested. I've ordered k-cups a few times now and mixed things up quite a bit and I find myself coming back to Rainforest Espresso, San Lorenzo, Midnight Magic, Parisian Nights (strongest) and the Green Mountain Dark Magic. I use the biggest setting on the brewer, drink them black and am never disappointed. The brewer is plugging along just fine too! I brought the KUB40 out to camp and got a 70 model with 5 settings instead of 2 for the kitchen, Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but not perfect, Jan. 13 2011
Already owning a Tassimo machine, I was attracted to a Keurig because of the wider choice of coffee (and trust me, it IS wide!).

Upon opening the box, I was surprised at the size of the machine. It's quite bigger than the Tassimo, mainly because of the water reservoir being on the side. I felt like that reservoir held less water than it's competitor and after verification it seems to be true. Nevertheless, I like the style of the machine, a great addition to the kitchen counter!

The quality of the coffee varies greatly in the sample pack that comes with the machine. Some types are very good, some are not good at all. Unlike the Tassimo and its bar code reader, every coffee cup is brewed the same way. The lack of milk product, such as in lattes, is also a downside. I'm not ready to spend 90$ on a milk brother for my K-Cups.

Another thing that is quite bothersome is the time the machine takes to warm up water. The Tassimo's doesn't necessitate to turn on the machine to warm up water before you put a cup in it. The coffee comes out much faster consequently.

On the good side, the coffee selection is amazing. While Tassimo only offers Maxwell House and Nabob (not the best around, but good Latte) on top of the much higher quality Starbucks, this machine has over 200 choices of K-Cups. Some of them are truly GREAT and of high quality. While pricier than it's competitor in per cup price, the taste makes up for the difference.

Putting aside the prep time and somewhat small water reservoir, I would say that the Keurig makes the better coffee. The Tassimo machine is better from my point of view, but the end result is what draws me to choose this one as the winner. I'm glad I own both though.

5.0 out of 5 stars CDD, Feb. 6 2012
I have had my Keurig for about 2 months now and I love it. It makes great coffee and when I only what 1 fresh cup of coffee thats all I have to make. I also bought the ekobrew refillable k-cups (the 3 pack) which makes using the keurig even cheaper and I can use my choice of coffee. I have also put my kettle away and use my keurig when I need hot water now. Thanks Keurig I am a very happy and satisfied customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price anywhere!!, Sept. 26 2013
We have purchased many machines over the years....a couple for ourselves and also many for gifts......this was the best buy ever...and delivered in a very timely fashion!!! Good on you!!! Excellent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing machine!, April 13 2011
The machine does what it is supposed to do, make an excellent cup of coffee quickly with no mess. I received my machine about two weeks ago and can't believe that I waited so long to buy one. The coffee is excellent, the right temperature and with so many varieties of K-cups available, you will find your favourites in no time at all. I highly recommend Timothy's Private Blend for your basic cup of coffee. But, everyone likes a change once in a while. So, try a couple of flavoured ones and keep some on hand for when you crave a little low calorie treat. The Kahlua is great, but Winter Carnival and Mocha Java are excellent. When I order again, I'll probably try the Cinnamon Pastry & the Donut Shop Blend, both being highly recommended. You won't regret purchasing the KUB40. It's a basic machine with two size selections and that's really all you need unless you want espresso coffee brewed. I'm sipping on a cup of Winter Carnival now and feel like I've been out and bought a coffee at one of the high end coffee shops, but for a lot less money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift to give!, Jan. 15 2012
I bought a Keurig for my husband for Christmas because he is a coffee drinker and I am not. We live out in a rural area, and there isn't a Tim Hortons or coffee shop to hit before work, so now he can brew a single cup of coffee for the morning drive. I also bought one for my parents (for Christmas as well), and had it shipped to their house. It came in a big blue Santa bag, and made for a nice surprise present for them. They are also big coffee drinkers, and were very happy to receive it, and use it often.

This model comes with a sample pack of K cups to get you started. It is incredibly easy to set up, use, fill up the water reservoir (which separates from the unit so you can use your water machine to fill it) and to register the product online. It is quiet and takes very little time to brew, and is a breeze to clean up. It looks great on the counter, and has replaced our old coffee pot because we bought the seperate basket for using your own coffee.

Bottom line is that I was considering purchasing the more expensive models (with more cup sizes and digital screen), but, honestly, this is all you need. Great product, great company, very happy customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best machine, Jan. 2 2010
G. Harber (Windsor,on) - See all my reviews
I bought this one for my son for Christmas,I bought mine 2 years ago and since then everyone that has come over to my house and enjoyed a cup of coffee or tea has also purchased a Keurig. This is one of the best purchase I ever done. A+++++

1.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted., April 14 2014
This would have been a four star rating but due to the fact this brewer stopped working after only 3 months of use makes me not want to buy another. I haven't heard back from customer support yet (hope they'll fix it) so until then I can't recommend this to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Truck stop coffee, Jan. 8 2014
I recently bought a Keurig because I often need just one cup and the drip makes a four-cup pot minimum. Keurig is for people who think the local truck stop coffee is the way coffee should taste; it is NOT for people who love coffee.

The refillable Keurig K-cup holds a measley amount of coffee and the full mesh design had the water running clear after a few seconds; same with the disposables. The fast flow and amount if coffee produces water with a mild coffee flavour.

Hopeful based on reviews, I ordered the Save and Brew refillable cups and they do improve the taste of the coffee - flow is decreased and they hold enough coffee for a small or medium sized cup.

Still, it forces the water through way too fast and is just for convenience on busy workdays, not that rich full bodied brew you want on Saturday morning. For that I'm getting a French press!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cpmvenient, good coffee and we are saving money, June 25 2013
Perfect for single people, couples, or a family where eveyone likes different things. Can be pricey to buy the Keurig pods, so we bought the reuseable filters and make our own to save a bit of money. On sale we figure it costs $.70 a50 cup with the ready made Keurig pods and $.50 a cup when we make them ourselves. We save overall however because we aren't throwing out coffee left in the pot.

Keurig Elite Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups K40