5.0 out of 5 stars Keurig Elite Brewer
I think this is a great brewer & since you probably already know by now what it is & does, I'll get right to the one thing that I wish it was capable of doing:

Published on Jan. 22 2010 by Somebody, Somewhere

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
We have both the Keurig and Tassimo. The Keurig we use for Coffee because we can use the refillable coffee brewers and use the no-name decaf coffee, which is the brand my husband likes. We use the tassimo for me for tea, so far the Keurig doesn't have the kind of tea that I like.
Published 19 months ago by Deborah Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Keurig Elite Brewer, Jan. 22 2010
This review is from: Keurig Elite Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups K40 (Kitchen)

- besides the 2 presets, I'd like to see one more press & hold button to dispense a little more hot water when needed without having to go through another whole cycle... and that's it! (It could maybe even be just a tad hotter but I heard that if gets too hot then scaling becomes more of a problem. Sometimes I cycle a cup of hot water through with the small setting before making a K-cup just so I know it is brewing at its hottest because it only draws water one cup at a time and then heats the next as it comes in. It is ready to go without doing this but it's something that's so simple to do that it's not a problem for me).

Despite the fact that it is obviously for mass market production, it does what it's supposed to do very well and that's to produce a hot, steamy cup of Jav in less than 45 seconds. The accessory filter that can brew my own grinds has already come in handy while waiting for some K-cups to arrive via post.

I also got the Keurig Frother which either heats or heats & froths at the same time for times when you want to top off a hot chocolate or cappucino. Using it keeps the coffee hotter longer as well compared to using milk straight out of the fridge. This unit is simple to use, you fill the canister to one of 3 fill lines marked on the inside and push a start button. That's it. When it finishes it automatically shuts off on its own and takes less than a minute. It does a perfect job every time. All you have to remember to do is wipe and rinse the non-stick surface on the inside after each use.

They're the ultimate in convenience as far as I'm concerned which is exactly what I wanted on the kitchen counter!

**Update October 9, 2010**

After 9 months of use I would just like to say that Timothy's Dark Roast K-cups produce a great cup of bold coffee as well as Green Mountain for anyone interested. I've ordered k-cups a few times now and mixed things up quite a bit and I find myself coming back to Rainforest Espresso, San Lorenzo, Midnight Magic, Parisian Nights (strongest) and the Green Mountain Dark Magic. I use the biggest setting on the brewer, drink them black and am never disappointed. The brewer is plugging along just fine too! I brought the KUB40 out to camp and got a 70 model with 5 settings instead of 2 for the kitchen, Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but not perfect, Jan. 13 2011
Already owning a Tassimo machine, I was attracted to a Keurig because of the wider choice of coffee (and trust me, it IS wide!).

Upon opening the box, I was surprised at the size of the machine. It's quite bigger than the Tassimo, mainly because of the water reservoir being on the side. I felt like that reservoir held less water than it's competitor and after verification it seems to be true. Nevertheless, I like the style of the machine, a great addition to the kitchen counter!

The quality of the coffee varies greatly in the sample pack that comes with the machine. Some types are very good, some are not good at all. Unlike the Tassimo and its bar code reader, every coffee cup is brewed the same way. The lack of milk product, such as in lattes, is also a downside. I'm not ready to spend 90$ on a milk brother for my K-Cups.

Another thing that is quite bothersome is the time the machine takes to warm up water. The Tassimo's doesn't necessitate to turn on the machine to warm up water before you put a cup in it. The coffee comes out much faster consequently.

On the good side, the coffee selection is amazing. While Tassimo only offers Maxwell House and Nabob (not the best around, but good Latte) on top of the much higher quality Starbucks, this machine has over 200 choices of K-Cups. Some of them are truly GREAT and of high quality. While pricier than it's competitor in per cup price, the taste makes up for the difference.

Putting aside the prep time and somewhat small water reservoir, I would say that the Keurig makes the better coffee. The Tassimo machine is better from my point of view, but the end result is what draws me to choose this one as the winner. I'm glad I own both though.

5.0 out of 5 stars CDD, Feb. 6 2012
I have had my Keurig for about 2 months now and I love it. It makes great coffee and when I only what 1 fresh cup of coffee thats all I have to make. I also bought the ekobrew refillable k-cups (the 3 pack) which makes using the keurig even cheaper and I can use my choice of coffee. I have also put my kettle away and use my keurig when I need hot water now. Thanks Keurig I am a very happy and satisfied customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected!, Aug. 9 2010
I cannot tell you how satisfied I am with this machine! I appreciate that it is a neat and an efficient machine. Upon turning it on, it takes about 45-60 seconds for the water to heat up, and then another 30-45 seconds to brew. So you get an amazing brew in less than two minutes! The other benefit is that it has an automatic shut-off system after two hours. The only added feature I would like, but almost unnecessary is that it would be nice to program the machine. I am not sure if the higher end models have this feature, but it is so minimal seeing that in takes less than two minutes to brew.

The temperature of the coffee is hot (very impressive)! So, I can slowly sip my java, and it will still be warm afrter 20 minutes later, rather than cold with my past carafe method machine. I enjoy that it is a single cup serving rather than waste a whole pot of coffee for myself. My guests enjoy it too even when I have to make 3-4 cups in a row - they get to choose their flavor or type. Another bonus is that you will never taste that burnt coffee taste from a coffee pot.

The choice of Keurig kcups coffee is fantastic. You can get most of the brands at local stores with a variety that is not even available as a regular ground coffee. I have not tried the Mycup filter yet, but am not sure that I want to as the kcups are so easy and practical! I've read in other reviews that it can be messy, but I also read that the trick is to not overfill it.

Regards,

Totally satisfied client

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little coffee maker, March 12 2010
I love it! It's incredibly easy to use, and makes a fantastic cup of coffee every time -- it's as simple as that. It's fairly small, so it doesn't take up too much space on the counter. It's fast -- once you press the button, you have a cup of coffee ready in about 30 seconds or so, at the perfect temperature to start drinking right away.

There are a few cons, but I personally don't find them big enough to warrant anything less than 5 stars. The biggest annoyance is that you either have to keep it on all the time (in which case it keeps warming up the water), or you have to turn it on a few minutes before you want to make your cup of coffee. When you turn it on, it sucks in the water and starts heating it, but it doesn't let you press the button to make a cup until it's done heating. So, you have to sort of stand around or do something else until it's ready, and then come and start it up. That's really the only major design flaw.

The coffee is perfect temperature to drink right away, but if you like to put a lot of milk/cream in it, it could make it a bit too cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing machine!, April 13 2011
The machine does what it is supposed to do, make an excellent cup of coffee quickly with no mess. I received my machine about two weeks ago and can't believe that I waited so long to buy one. The coffee is excellent, the right temperature and with so many varieties of K-cups available, you will find your favourites in no time at all. I highly recommend Timothy's Private Blend for your basic cup of coffee. But, everyone likes a change once in a while. So, try a couple of flavoured ones and keep some on hand for when you crave a little low calorie treat. The Kahlua is great, but Winter Carnival and Mocha Java are excellent. When I order again, I'll probably try the Cinnamon Pastry & the Donut Shop Blend, both being highly recommended. You won't regret purchasing the KUB40. It's a basic machine with two size selections and that's really all you need unless you want espresso coffee brewed. I'm sipping on a cup of Winter Carnival now and feel like I've been out and bought a coffee at one of the high end coffee shops, but for a lot less money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect machine for perfect coffee for everyone!, Dec 14 2010
I can't say enough about this machine and Keurig/K cups in general. I love the ease of use. The coffee is made nice and hot. Best of all though is that my husband can have his selection and I can have mine, just the way we each like our beverage. There is an enormous amount of variation in K cups from tea selection to coffee selection to hot chocolate to hot apple cider. There is everything you could want. Also, it is a great entertainment feature. Your guests get to choose exactly what they would like to drink! Now that I have one I would never be without one.

The price on Amazon is amazing too. It is the cheapest I have found anywhere. All in all a great experience. This is how shopping should be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Machine, good; Coffee, meh, Sept. 7 2010
This machine is perfect for my wife, who only likes a mild cup of coffee. If you want anything bolder than a medium blend, you're better off with an old school machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mikey LIKES it! The Keurig KUB40 :D, Dec 22 2010
This is a great one cup coffee/beverage maker. What I like is the option to have whatever K-cup you want without the waste. Before this, I'd make about a 1/3 of a pot of coffee and lots would go to waste. By the time I'd go for my second cup, I'd find the coffee would be stale or have that burnt/old flavour. Down the drain it would go.

Having a Keurig changes that. Now, it's one FRESH cup of coffee at a time. Sure, it is more costly to drink this way, but it just makes sense. No more waste and maximum coffee taste.

The variety of quality K-cups you can choose from is great. Grocery stores in Canada generally have a limited selection of K-cups. SO, I order online from coffee sellers and get all the varieties of K-cups I love.
*If you don't want to buy K-cups, there's always the reusable Keurig filter you can buy to have your own coffee. That's a nice option to have.

The only downfall is there are only 2 options for cup size: If you use a huge mug for your coffee, you will probably end up with a half of cup on the large setting.

OVERALL though, the machine itself is quiet, easy to maintain and attractive. My machine came with a K-cup 18 pack variety sampler. Keurig KUB40 for the win. Woot Woot!! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Best machine, Jan. 2 2010
G. Harber (Windsor,on) - See all my reviews
I bought this one for my son for Christmas,I bought mine 2 years ago and since then everyone that has come over to my house and enjoyed a cup of coffee or tea has also purchased a Keurig. This is one of the best purchase I ever done. A+++++

Keurig Elite Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups K40