5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee maker.
This Keurig Coffee maker is excellent.

4 Main points to consider (Good):

1) Makes a perfect cup of coffee with many flavours available. It's possible to get a re-usable cup to use any type of coffee if you so wish.

2) Coffee maker stays generally quite clean due to design.

3) Ease of use as well as fast. 4 min water heat time, 1...
Published 19 months ago by Mocheesemo

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 Machines Later
I have gone through two Keurig machines in 3 years. Mt mom has had her machine for just over a year and it has quit as well.
Published 12 months ago by Mikespoon

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 Machines Later, July 23 2013
This review is from: Keurig Platinum Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups KUB70 (Kitchen)
The design of the machine is faulty, the pump that takes the water from the reservoir to the machine breaks down consistently. The machines are hard to clean, and even using filtered water you get calcium build up that requires a lot of vinegar to fix. From my online reading, I am not the only one who has had this problem.

I used it to make arund three cups of coffee a day, so it defeinitely had not been overused.

I love Green Mountain coffee, but I can not justify spending over $100 to have a machine that lasts around a year.
I will research other machines that you can use the K-Cups with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee maker., Dec 17 2012
This Keurig Coffee maker is excellent.

4 Main points to consider (Good):

2) Coffee maker stays generally quite clean due to design.

3) Ease of use as well as fast. 4 min water heat time, 1 min brew time.

4) 3.5 to 12oz coffee sizes. I purchased this Platinum model specifically for the 12oz size. Take note - 12oz will not fill some of the larger coffee mugs completely, however it fits in my Thermos mug quite nicely.

The bad:

1) K cups are bit pricey. However i cannot take away a star away from this Keurig because of this. It is possible (as mentioned above) to get a re-usable K-cup.

2) K cup sizes. Most K cups (read: over 90%) are designed for the 6 or 8oz setting of which 8oz is the middle setting on this brewer. For me the 8oz is just too small so I always use the 12oz setting. If you also enjoy coffee with the 12oz setting - you may be watering down your coffee unless you get a "bold" or "Extra bold" flavour/ or find the "Travel mug K cup" which apparently work great for the 12oz setting (haven't come across these yet).

3) Slight "danger" in getting addicted to all the flavours and having too many coffees in a night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product and update 1.5 years later, Dec 31 2010
I purchased this product for my wife and I, we are very impessed with it so far. We have the platinum and the reusable filter. My wife and I are very fussy with the coffee we drink and do not like the k-cups. We have wanted this machine for a while but only bought it once we found the reusable filter and can brew the coffee we love, which is why I rated it 5 stars. We did not purchase it for the ease of the k-cups.

Love that it has an auto on/off and can be ready to go when we get up, it is super quiet the motor and pump are much quieter then a normal coffee pot. All you hear is the water boiling, just sounds like a kettle.

Delicious, hot coffee every morning without waste. Amazing product!!

UPDATE
*****My Keurig has officailly died! I mean dead as a doornail! I called Keurig 6 months into owning this machine that it was not brewing right and was told to de-scale every 3 months which I did along with the paperclip clean out to be sure of no blockages. The machine limped along until it was put to rest on April 11, 2012. We purchased it on our mastercard which doubles the warranty so we will see where that gets us to replacing it. I still love the idea of the product and cannot wait to get another one.

Keurig has been ever so helpful and has offered us a generous $100 off a new one through them even though there is no warranty left on it so call them if you are having issues to start a file they are really great to deal with. I still highly recommend this machine dispite this, I think we bought a lemon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty coffee, little fuss and kind of fun!, Jan. 4 2011
D. Meatheringham (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
I really enjoy using this machine. Coffee is made with very little fuss, and so far every type I've tried (using the included sample pack of K-cups) has been very tasty. My only complaint is that the coffee isn't very hot. I'm used to making one big cup and having it stay hot for a while. I may end up making two smaller cups, no big deal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, Dec 14 2011
The k-cup system is inferior to the tassimo system, but the coffee selection is better. (Tassimo will be the betamax of single serve coffee systems if they don't improve their coffee lineup - Nabob? Maxwell House? get real.) The system I bought has nice features and works well so far, but is clearly of inferior design and questionable quality. It features auto shut-off (nice to save power), auto on/off (remember to put a cup under the dispenser!), and 5 different cup sizes. The quality is questionable: plastic seems thin and breakable, and I find myself pushing the "Brew" button a couple of times to get it working. The menu system is not intuitive - I rarely have to use a manual to program things, but I did in this case. I'll probably use this one until it breaks and I'm hoping by then that Starbucks will be back in the single serve market.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wheel Reinvented!, July 22 2013
Mariola Kuratewicz (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Before I bought one for home, I was impressed with it’s durability at work – imagine the whole office lining up every day for a cup of coffee (it's been a year so far) – it withstood the durability test! I bought one for home use and my husband loves it (as do I). Imagine a Perfect cup of coffee whenever you want without the hustle of having to make a whole pot the old fashioned way! I say it’s a wheel reinvented!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality; Easy to use; Wish it remembered last cup size, April 26 2013
Use my Keurig every day. Initially it seemed to give me an error message but think it was somehow pressed up against the wall so I moved it out slightly and I haven't had the same error Prime message. Holds a decent amount of water, brews quickly; like the automatic turn off feature. Wish it would remember the last cup size used instead have to change it every morning to the largest size. Good value for money if you are a coffee or regular tea drinker. K Cups are not cheap though so look for a sale!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, April 26 2014
Didn't get it here on Amazon, but figured I'd share my beef with this thing. I like it, the only down side is if you're picking this one due to its larger water capacity then don't. After 3/4 cups of coffee its always asking me to add water.
The product itself is great, looks nice and does coffee quickly and it's hot.. but its a water hog.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but dated, Jan. 27 2014
Renata Rocha "Renata R" (Toronto, ON CA) - See all my reviews
It makes your everyday coffee in a consistent manner, there is an assortment of flavours in the market to pick from, but these days there are better pod-based brewers if you're looking for a good coffee.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kerig has the best cup coffee, Sept. 9 2013
Debert Canuck (Debert, Nova Scotia) - See all my reviews
Good product and price. I like the new style. I would not hesitate to buy this product again but I should'nt have to.

Keurig Platinum Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups KUB70