5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product and update 1.5 years later
Published on Dec 31 2010 by SMackenzie

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 Machines Later
I have gone through two Keurig machines in 3 years. Mt mom has had her machine for just over a year and it has quit as well.
Published 8 months ago by Mikespoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product and update 1.5 years later, Dec 31 2010
This review is from: Keurig Platinum Single Serve Brewer for Keurig K-cups KUB70 (Kitchen)
I purchased this product for my wife and I, we are very impessed with it so far. We have the platinum and the reusable filter. My wife and I are very fussy with the coffee we drink and do not like the k-cups. We have wanted this machine for a while but only bought it once we found the reusable filter and can brew the coffee we love, which is why I rated it 5 stars. We did not purchase it for the ease of the k-cups.

Love that it has an auto on/off and can be ready to go when we get up, it is super quiet the motor and pump are much quieter then a normal coffee pot. All you hear is the water boiling, just sounds like a kettle.

Delicious, hot coffee every morning without waste. Amazing product!!

UPDATE
*****My Keurig has officailly died! I mean dead as a doornail! I called Keurig 6 months into owning this machine that it was not brewing right and was told to de-scale every 3 months which I did along with the paperclip clean out to be sure of no blockages. The machine limped along until it was put to rest on April 11, 2012. We purchased it on our mastercard which doubles the warranty so we will see where that gets us to replacing it. I still love the idea of the product and cannot wait to get another one.

Keurig has been ever so helpful and has offered us a generous $100 off a new one through them even though there is no warranty left on it so call them if you are having issues to start a file they are really great to deal with. I still highly recommend this machine dispite this, I think we bought a lemon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty coffee, little fuss and kind of fun!, Jan. 4 2011
D. Meatheringham (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
I really enjoy using this machine. Coffee is made with very little fuss, and so far every type I've tried (using the included sample pack of K-cups) has been very tasty. My only complaint is that the coffee isn't very hot. I'm used to making one big cup and having it stay hot for a while. I may end up making two smaller cups, no big deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 Machines Later, July 23 2013
The design of the machine is faulty, the pump that takes the water from the reservoir to the machine breaks down consistently. The machines are hard to clean, and even using filtered water you get calcium build up that requires a lot of vinegar to fix. From my online reading, I am not the only one who has had this problem.

I used it to make arund three cups of coffee a day, so it defeinitely had not been overused.

I love Green Mountain coffee, but I can not justify spending over $100 to have a machine that lasts around a year.
I will research other machines that you can use the K-Cups with.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wheel Reinvented!, July 22 2013
Mariola Kuratewicz (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Before I bought one for home, I was impressed with it’s durability at work – imagine the whole office lining up every day for a cup of coffee (it's been a year so far) – it withstood the durability test! I bought one for home use and my husband loves it (as do I). Imagine a Perfect cup of coffee whenever you want without the hustle of having to make a whole pot the old fashioned way! I say it’s a wheel reinvented!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee maker., Dec 17 2012
This Keurig Coffee maker is excellent.

4 Main points to consider (Good):

1) Makes a perfect cup of coffee with many flavours available. It's possible to get a re-usable cup to use any type of coffee if you so wish.

2) Coffee maker stays generally quite clean due to design.

3) Ease of use as well as fast. 4 min water heat time, 1 min brew time.

4) 3.5 to 12oz coffee sizes. I purchased this Platinum model specifically for the 12oz size. Take note - 12oz will not fill some of the larger coffee mugs completely, however it fits in my Thermos mug quite nicely.

The bad:

1) K cups are bit pricey. However i cannot take away a star away from this Keurig because of this. It is possible (as mentioned above) to get a re-usable K-cup.

2) K cup sizes. Most K cups (read: over 90%) are designed for the 6 or 8oz setting of which 8oz is the middle setting on this brewer. For me the 8oz is just too small so I always use the 12oz setting. If you also enjoy coffee with the 12oz setting - you may be watering down your coffee unless you get a "bold" or "Extra bold" flavour/ or find the "Travel mug K cup" which apparently work great for the 12oz setting (haven't come across these yet).

3) Slight "danger" in getting addicted to all the flavours and having too many coffees in a night.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, Dec 14 2011
The k-cup system is inferior to the tassimo system, but the coffee selection is better. (Tassimo will be the betamax of single serve coffee systems if they don't improve their coffee lineup - Nabob? Maxwell House? get real.) The system I bought has nice features and works well so far, but is clearly of inferior design and questionable quality. It features auto shut-off (nice to save power), auto on/off (remember to put a cup under the dispenser!), and 5 different cup sizes. The quality is questionable: plastic seems thin and breakable, and I find myself pushing the "Brew" button a couple of times to get it working. The menu system is not intuitive - I rarely have to use a manual to program things, but I did in this case. I'll probably use this one until it breaks and I'm hoping by then that Starbucks will be back in the single serve market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the larger mug sizes, June 19 2013
We were getting tired of having to run our old one through twice to fill our travel mugs. This worked great.. with the bigger size options we're able to just do it once now and we can set it to turn on and warm up before we're downstairs so it's ready to go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality; Easy to use; Wish it remembered last cup size, April 26 2013
Use my Keurig every day. Initially it seemed to give me an error message but think it was somehow pressed up against the wall so I moved it out slightly and I haven't had the same error Prime message. Holds a decent amount of water, brews quickly; like the automatic turn off feature. Wish it would remember the last cup size used instead have to change it every morning to the largest size. Good value for money if you are a coffee or regular tea drinker. K Cups are not cheap though so look for a sale!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keurig B70 Platinum, Feb. 17 2014
waynester (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
Have had the Keurig B70 Platinum for two weeks and I've never consumed so much coffee before. My purchase came with 5 boxes of 12 count K-Cups. Included was the MY K-Cup which allows you to use your own favourite ground coffee. Purchased this unit from COSTCO after watching it at $159.99 for months. In the Fall of 2013 the price dropped to $149.99 and I was really getting tempted to purchase. I made a deal with myself, if it ever drops to $139.99 I'll buy it. Well Costco had a one-week sale for $109.99 in February 2014. SOLD! It really does brew a very good cup of coffee in under a minute. Experiment with the different K-Cups and different types of coffees. Watch both the Keurig online videos and the independent YouTUBE videos for some good tips and tricks. Buy either an EkoBrew or Clever Coffee Capsule(s) to use your own ground coffee and save some serious cash. K-Cups generally cost between 60 - 80 cents each. I purchased 12 Clever Coffee Capsules at Giant Tiger and some from FactoryDirect.ca and they were very reasonable when they were on sale. Giant Tiger, a Two-Pack for $5.00 reduced to $3.97. FactoryDirect.ca had a 3-Pack for $6.99. You can custom-tailor to exactly your liking. In the evening I use a Clever Capsule, I add a blend of Decaf and regular to make a half-caff. Great machine so look for a good price and then BUY IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, April 23 2013
This Keurig is amazing. Simple to use, Love the computer screen that allows you change change date, cup size, start time, etc all with the click of a button. I never once had to look at the user guide, it was so easy. Bonus is when you register your Keurig, you get FREE coffee!!!

ARRAY(0xaa8a8708)