march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on June 8, 2013
Like: Rugged casing. Good sound.
Dislike:On-Off switch combined with volume control.On-Off switch should be separate so that volume need not be adjusted every time radio is turned on.
on February 3, 2013
Another great product from De-Walt cant say enough about this machine that as not been already said. It's great to have a charger and radio all in one great for any workshop.
on February 5, 2016
Bought this for my shop, since I like to have my music close I thought the plugs on the side would be a great addition.

The sounds is decent, but I wouldn't try to ramp up a dance party with it. It has solid reception, and with an aux cord you can plug in your phone or other media player and listen to your music from it which is nice. The plugs on the side easily power most tools I've tried, but I wouldn't plug in a welder since it may not handle the amperage needed. The plug for the stereo feels very thick and durable as well which surprised me.

To the meat of it, this stereo is great as a shop stereo, or for camping. If you buy the separate battery it's a solid choice for dragging out to the campfire or the beach, You can sit on it, or stack stuff on it without fear of it breaking. I've actually used it as a stool in a pinch one day and I'm 240 pounds.

If i were to buy a durable radio again, I'd go with the next model up when on sale.

Pros : Decent sound, aux hook ups for media players, very durable and water resistant, and the plugs are fantastic.

Cons : Could sound better for the price, could have been a bit more modern with it's ports for audio connections, and the optional battery should have been included.
on July 10, 2014
I received this radio as a Christmas present in 2013. It has been in my shop ever since and has come on the road with me a few times to various construction projects or social events.

Pros:

-The fact that it can both charge and run off of a battery is a great feature
-The design is rugged and the frame built around it makes it both easy to carry and protects the radio
-Pretty good sound, don't expect premium quality audio though

Cons:

-The volume switch is the same as the power. This means I have to dial in the radio volume all the time. I like having it at a constant level which I can't do with this.
-The battery is hard to get at. If you want to use it in your shop as a charger all the time it's annoying to have to tip it forward or turn it around to get at the battery

The radio is a bit larger than others on the market, but has better and more sound to make up for it's size. Worth getting if you want one and don't have big space issues.
on November 25, 2012
Lets you charge your batteries quickly, plug ins for up to 3 separate electrical devices. Portable runs on the batteries or electric
on June 20, 2013
Love it on the jobsite!! dropped it down a flight of stairs and didn't even scratch it.. tough radio, but they went on sale at homedepot and CDN tire for 99$ 2 weeks after it arrived... The newer models are even better, charges lith ion and up to 20V.. supposedly the european models have an ipod dock on top - how sweet would that be!
on January 28, 2013
Very happy with this product...some reviews say the sound is tinny or too much treble, but I think for a worksite radio this unit is excellent. If you want club-quality sound, go to a club. Overall a well built product.
on October 19, 2014
I got this radio on a whim to charge batteries and have a few tunes. The ipad 'aux in' is fantastic and the phonics are quite good. The battery charge time is noteworthy as well. All in all a good purchase.
on September 2, 2013
Great radio,

Purchased it with a 18V DeWalt battery, they works perfectly together. Like they said, it only takes an hour to charge and then you have more than 6-8 hours of play. I didn't actually calculated, but it also depends how loud you listen to it.

Radio reception is good. The antenna can be set in any direction and is flexible.

The only cons I can see is the weight. The power is good in comparison to how long it can stay ON.
on May 17, 2013
In spite of what other people have written about the radio in regards to the sound, I found it to be exactly what I expected. It's a workshop radio or a patio radio or whatever you use it for. If you're looking for something that sounds like an orchestra.....hire a 100 piece orchestra. I kinda think that you might pay a lot more to have that sound plus this radio doesn't take washroom breaks and it doesn't need tuning. Very happy.