march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on September 16, 2012
I purchased this item hoping to get a nice powdery grind for espresso. No such luck! We've had a cheap Moulinex blade grinder for 15 years and have never had a problem but after reading about burr grinders I thought I'd give it a try. It does grind quickly but there's no chance that the grind will be consistent or fine. Even after running the coffee through the grinder several times there are large chunks not even suitable for a drip machine. I thought I was doing something wrong so I cleaned it out (even used my compressor to make sure there was nothing left inside. No change. I set it on course, then medium then fine and still the grind was course.

My advice-stay away from this machine. I'm going back to my blade grinder being careful not to over heat the beans when I grind while I look around for something that works better.
on May 20, 2013
This is a piece of garbage! You have to stand there and hold the button to grind enough coffee for a cup which takes forever to grind. Had to make enough for three cups one day and the grinder got so hot it shut down and would not grind until it was completely cooled down. Waste of time and waste of money... I threw this in the garbage less than three months after buying it.
It is less expensive than other brands but.... you get what you pay for. It would have been less frustrating to just throw the money directly into the garbage than buy this piece of crap!
Quick coffee.... not with this piece of crap!
on November 11, 2013
First, credit I found this solution at the american amazon review section for this machine. Implemented it and it has been working great ever since.

This machine has a basic design flaw that prevents it from grinding coffee beans to a fine powder suitable for espresso and moka makers (even though manual says it should). The problem is that the grinding heads are to far apart which causes an uneven and coarse grind, this can be easily fixed by bringing them closer to each other.

Materials needed:
Phillips screwdriver
Plastic yogurt lid/business card
scissors
Sharp edge knife

1. Take apart the top grinding assembly as per the cleaning and care instructions
2. Unscrew the two Phillips screws that bind the metal grinding head to the plastic insert.
3. Bring the metal part out put it on the yogurt lid/business card.
4. Fix the metal grinding head to the lid/card with the screws (that way you also mark the positions of the screws.
5. Cut around the metal grinding head with scissors.
6. Fit the grinding head with the lid/card on top back to the plastic insert (you should have the lid/card between the metal and the plastic parts)
7. Put the plastic handle back and screw the screws
8. Use the sharp edge knife to cut the the lid/card to reform the opening in the middle of the head so that the beans can enter the grinding assembly.
9. Put assembly back as per the cleaning and care instructions.
10. Enjoy great coffee
on May 4, 2014
There should be negative stars to choose from here.

This device is an absolute and unapologetic piece of crap. It literally DOES NOT DO what it claims on the box. Sorry, yes it did make coffee beans slightly smaller - just slightly. It's shocking to me what gets labelled and sold as "Black and Decker" these days. The Blacks and Deckers of old would be ashamed.
on January 7, 2011
A burr grinder for $25 sounds like a steal, but it's B&D that will be robbing you. The finest setting on this grinder is supposed to produce an espresso grind but was more like a Tim Horton's medium. If you want a coarse grind, this unit might be for you, otherwise avoid.
on February 24, 2011
I purchased this from a reputable store, and have been disappointed since the first time I used it. Grind is very imprecise, and as other reviewers say it grinds chunky medium at best. No way you can get it fine enough for espresso. The grind wheel is loose even when "locked", and seems to come loose during grinding. The only positive is the included cleaning brush fits nicely in the gadget tray of my espresso machine, which is sad statement about this product. Spend more money and get a far better grinder.
on April 22, 2014
Save yourself some time and money and move on: don't even look at this particular grinder. The finest grind setting on this is nowhere near fine enough, unless you plan to grind your coffee beans exclusively for a french press... Then it might be ok.
on April 1, 2010
Does everything as stated, though the milling size selection is a little imprecise (you get what you pay for, of course). Doesn't grind everything you load into it, so there are always some leftovers in the hopper (only a few beans but it's still a waste). Definitely a big improvement over blade grinders but also clearly not a top-of-the-line product.
on October 7, 2015
This is my second B&D Burr Coffee Mill. I like that it's compact and not too tall and unruly like some. One difference is that you must
hold the on button while grinding on this newer model which is annoying. It seems as if this one is able to grind the beans finer, but
perhaps that's because it's brand new. Two of the feet broke off my old one, so I hope this won't happen again. In summary, at a
price of $34 with free shipping, it's a good deal for a burr mill.
on December 2, 2010
I purchased this grinder from a local store, brought it home and took it out of the box. A broken piece of plastic fell out of it. I put it back in the box and took it back to the store. If parts were broken off it before I even used it, it was obviously not going to last. I already have a grinder that is held together with elastic bands because so many plastic parts have broken. I'm buying a Breville... more expensive but hopefully longer lasting.