countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on July 20, 2016
Solid little grinder.
This an inexpensive, no frills burr grinder. There are just two controls, a coarseness setting and an off/on switch. There is no time control or quantity setting.
But it works well, it sounds solid and the noise level is low.
on May 20, 2013
This is a piece of garbage! You have to stand there and hold the button to grind enough coffee for a cup which takes forever to grind. Had to make enough for three cups one day and the grinder got so hot it shut down and would not grind until it was completely cooled down. Waste of time and waste of money... I threw this in the garbage less than three months after buying it.
It is less expensive than other brands but.... you get what you pay for. It would have been less frustrating to just throw the money directly into the garbage than buy this piece of crap!
Quick coffee.... not with this piece of crap!
on September 16, 2012
I purchased this item hoping to get a nice powdery grind for espresso. No such luck! We've had a cheap Moulinex blade grinder for 15 years and have never had a problem but after reading about burr grinders I thought I'd give it a try. It does grind quickly but there's no chance that the grind will be consistent or fine. Even after running the coffee through the grinder several times there are large chunks not even suitable for a drip machine. I thought I was doing something wrong so I cleaned it out (even used my compressor to make sure there was nothing left inside. No change. I set it on course, then medium then fine and still the grind was course.

My advice-stay away from this machine. I'm going back to my blade grinder being careful not to over heat the beans when I grind while I look around for something that works better.
on May 4, 2014
There should be negative stars to choose from here.

This device is an absolute and unapologetic piece of crap. It literally DOES NOT DO what it claims on the box. Sorry, yes it did make coffee beans slightly smaller - just slightly. It's shocking to me what gets labelled and sold as "Black and Decker" these days. The Blacks and Deckers of old would be ashamed.
on November 11, 2013
First, credit I found this solution at the american amazon review section for this machine. Implemented it and it has been working great ever since.

This machine has a basic design flaw that prevents it from grinding coffee beans to a fine powder suitable for espresso and moka makers (even though manual says it should). The problem is that the grinding heads are to far apart which causes an uneven and coarse grind, this can be easily fixed by bringing them closer to each other.

Materials needed:
Phillips screwdriver
Plastic yogurt lid/business card
scissors
Sharp edge knife

1. Take apart the top grinding assembly as per the cleaning and care instructions
2. Unscrew the two Phillips screws that bind the metal grinding head to the plastic insert.
3. Bring the metal part out put it on the yogurt lid/business card.
4. Fix the metal grinding head to the lid/card with the screws (that way you also mark the positions of the screws.
5. Cut around the metal grinding head with scissors.
6. Fit the grinding head with the lid/card on top back to the plastic insert (you should have the lid/card between the metal and the plastic parts)
7. Put the plastic handle back and screw the screws
8. Use the sharp edge knife to cut the the lid/card to reform the opening in the middle of the head so that the beans can enter the grinding assembly.
9. Put assembly back as per the cleaning and care instructions.
10. Enjoy great coffee
on May 2, 2015
I bought the model just above this one Cbm310bd and paied 50$.... I got the same coarse grinding problem. I was about to throw it in the wall when I decided to get my handy skills at work. I did the yogurt lid trick mentioned in the 4star review below and it now works like a charm. I only give 2stars though considering that it should just work without me doing their job of fixing it!
on October 31, 2014
The Black and Decker coffee grinder is a pluperfect piece of crap. The grind selector has puked a couple of times and I had to completely disassemble the unit twice in order to get it to work. When I get a new one it will be consigned to the garbage.
on January 7, 2011
A burr grinder for $25 sounds like a steal, but it's B&D that will be robbing you. The finest setting on this grinder is supposed to produce an espresso grind but was more like a Tim Horton's medium. If you want a coarse grind, this unit might be for you, otherwise avoid.
on September 11, 2013
1. The machine smells of chemicals which has been transferring to the beans, and onto my hands..even a couple of months after purchase, it's there, making coffee taste awful.
2. The "custom" grind wheel didn't work from day one. I've taken it apart and cleaned it several times, but still the same coarse grind no matter where the dial is set.
I wish I could return it, it was cheaper than some products, but obviously not worth the money.
I'm calling B&D to see if they'll help. Don't waste your money.
on February 24, 2011
I purchased this from a reputable store, and have been disappointed since the first time I used it. Grind is very imprecise, and as other reviewers say it grinds chunky medium at best. No way you can get it fine enough for espresso. The grind wheel is loose even when "locked", and seems to come loose during grinding. The only positive is the included cleaning brush fits nicely in the gadget tray of my espresso machine, which is sad statement about this product. Spend more money and get a far better grinder.