4.0 out of 5 stars Steamer Works Great ... but beeps every few minutes
Published on Nov. 16 2010 by kthomp7

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate that steamer
I bought my first one about one year ago, and it was not working properly: it was stopping/buzzing constantly displaying the water drop as if there was not enough water, and yet, it had plenty.
I exchanged it under the warranty, and just after the end of it, it's started to have the same trouble. Grrrrr.....
Will never buy an other a B & D steamer anymore.
Published on March 19 2012 by Mireille

4.0 out of 5 stars Steamer Works Great ... but beeps every few minutes, Nov. 16 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker HS1300C Stainless Steel Digital Steamer (Kitchen)
This steamer works great and I love the 3 cooking tiers. My only complaint is that it will beep 5 times every few minutes. The beep normally indicates the unit is low on water, but even when the water well is full, it will keep beeping every few minutes ... it is driving me crazy. If anyone else has this steamer and has figured out a solution to this weird quirk, let me know. I was able to find one more person with the same problem, but unfortunately no solution yet - at [...] --- not sure if this url will be permitted, but here it is [...].

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate that steamer, March 19 2012
Will never buy an other a B & D steamer anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eating healthier, Feb. 11 2013
This has made eating a variety of vegetables a much easier way to be eating healthy. I can do three different vegetables at a time and have them all be ready together. Love this new 'toy.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Hassel free shopping, speedy delivery, Dec 21 2013
This is a Christmas present and so, I haven't used it yet. My daughter has one so I don't expect any problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just about perfect, April 29 2013
Arrived sooner than expected, performing flawlessly.
The predecessor (identical, AFAICT) performed well almost daily for years before failing to stay on long enough.

Much better than a a bunch of the white plastic ones that ended service by melting, leaking or sptizensparken.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after few months: beeps and stops every few minutes, April 24 2011
I used it few months and then is started to beep and stop every few minutes. It should beep only if it is low on water, but it beeps after few minutes even with full tank. The beep is very annoying. Now, it is just a pile of trash that will sadly go in a landfill. I found many other reviews of slightly different models describing the same issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brewing with pressure cooker from Amazon, Sept. 2 2012
Works well so far but a beast to close and lock until you get the knack. Place the plastic button in the right grove and it is easy. .... Just right of the clear plastic vapour outlet., at the back? Did not find that in the instructions. Also the tax to be paid upon arrival came as a most unwelcome surprise ...... Import tax!!!!!!! thanks Feds!
Have not had time to use it much yet as only recently arrived.

1.0 out of 5 stars BIGGEST DISSAPPOINTMENT, July 5 2012
I received this product in the mail, and went to use it, I had everything all ready to make a large dinner and it just didnt work! It wouldnt even turn on! Then I tried calling the customer service and I could not get through, or I was disconnected because of a high calling volume. I am so disappointed with this product, it ruined my entire planned dinner!!!

ARRAY(0x9fc2fb4c)