5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle. (Plastic is BPA-free).
I bought this kettle from a local SEARS but I wanted to offer some info in this review. I was a little concerned about the plastic from the water level thing because it contacts the water inside the kettle. I contaced Hamilton Beach and was offered the following reply:

Published 15 months ago by JordanMcKinney

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as happy as I thought I would be
Nice looking kettle - not pleased with the performance. Takes a while to boil and is quite loud.
Also difficult to fill after boiling - steam has burnt me a couple of times.
Wouldn't recommend this product. If I hadn't thrown the box out I would have sent it back.
Published 8 months ago by Janet Kavanagh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle. (Plastic is BPA-free)., Jan. 9 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 40893 1.7-Litre Cordless Dome Kettle (Kitchen)

'We use polypropylene in our kettles. There is no Bisphenol-A. Please see the attached Q & A concerning BPA.'

Overall a very nice product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kettle!!!, Jan. 19 2011
Looks good on the counter. When filling up with water, the handle is kind of blocking the opening. Because maybe I'm just not used to it, as my old one was a Kenmore kettle with handles on the sides. Otherwise, it's a good one and does it's job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, Dec 2 2011
This is the best thing I bought from Amazon. Good looking, has measurement. It can keep the hot water warm for 4-5hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettle!, June 3 2013
Loving this kettle so far. It's super cute on the counter and it heats water incredibly quickly. I was looking at reviews for a good stainless steel kettle, and this one hasn't let me down yet. I use kettles daily and our last one was a plastic, leaking piece of junk that we definitely needed to get rid of. I don't trust plastic kettles in the least. This one does take up a LITTLE more room on the counter than our last one, but that was to be expected due to the dome shape. I love the placement of the handle, it makes for very easy pouring and I love that there's a filter in the spout that can be removed for cleaning. You can't go wrong with this kettle, just make sure to follow the instruction booklet and boil water in it 2-3 times (I did 3) before using it to make anything. I haven't noticed any strange tastes or anything, but that's just me. Overall, great kettle. Would highly recommend to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, Jan. 9 2013
What's nice about this kettle you cannot burn yourself. It heats quickly and stays clean. I can tuck away the base and store the kettle when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hamilton Beach dome kettle, Jan. 3 2013
We have been totally satisfied with this purchase so far. We looked for quite a while for one of this quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, Oct. 23 2012
I purchased this cordless kettle about a month ago. It boils water really quickly and it's great to not have a power cord in the way when pouring boiling water into a cup or bowl. I am definitely pleased with my purchase. Well worth the purchase price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as happy as I thought I would be, Aug. 12 2013
Also difficult to fill after boiling - steam has burnt me a couple of times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, March 14 2014
Easy to use, clean, all the things! Others have mentioned the steam when you fill it (the handle is over the top hole), but I use a pitcher to fill it and when i do put it under the tap, the handle is big enough to hold at either end.

would recommend and buy again :)

5.0 out of 5 stars kettle, March 1 2014
works prefect and is a good size. it also looks good. i would recommend it to my friends. excellent choice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›