countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on May 14, 2016
At first I thought this product was excellent and I gave it 5 stars. But after a year and a half day-to-day usage, I am now very disappointed with this product. First, the temperature sensor broke and it won't break off automatically after the water boils, which causes fire hazard if you left home and have it in use. Second, after boiling, it gives off a strong smell like rusty iron. It makes me worried if some chemicals dissolve in the water. I now plan to change to a glass one.
on January 4, 2014
I purchased this on Amazon for a decent price. Followed the "setup" instructions which basically entail filling it up a couple of times, heating the water and disposing of it, rinse, repeat.

Then started using it with filtered water. Left it overnight with about 0.7 litre of water. Next morning I woke up to discover a puddle of water around the plastic base and on the counter-top. I assumed I might have spilled it last night so dried everything up and went to work only to come back and discover a new growing puddle.

Anyway, it's hard to tell from where it leaks, but most likely right under the on/off switch. Took some photos and forwarded to manufacturer. Now returning the product since it's out of stock and therefore can't exchange it. I consider this a bit of an electrical hazard too since the leak is very close to electrical contacts on the base.

If not for the defect, the Kettle is a nice one. Looks good and does the job.
on June 23, 2014
This kettle is quite nice. Looks great and boils water nice and quickly. Seems well built - stainless steel interior with no exposed heating element. The base is nice and heavy and doesn't try and lift up with the kettle at all. The kettle plops down on the base very easily. Comes with a small mesh filter that keeps any calcium scale from exiting the spout. The base remains nice and cool as well.

My only gripe would be the fact that it can be a bit awkward to fill it up as the opening is under the handle but a slight tilt fixes that problem. Also, be sure to hold the back part of the handle when pouring to prevent the steam from hitting your hand.

Overall, quite satisfied with it so far. I'd recommend it to a friend.
on May 14, 2014
Bought this as a gift for my mom. She opened it and seemed happy with it. I took a look at it.it's a bit awkward. You have to remove the lid under the handle and put the water in there. To me it seems inconvenient.oh well. .
My mom left it in its boxe and was going to store it until she needed it. Guess its just the type of kettle it is.
on January 9, 2013
I bought this kettle from a local SEARS but I wanted to offer some info in this review. I was a little concerned about the plastic from the water level thing because it contacts the water inside the kettle. I contaced Hamilton Beach and was offered the following reply:

'We use polypropylene in our kettles. There is no Bisphenol-A. Please see the attached Q & A concerning BPA.'

Overall a very nice product!
on July 25, 2014
Great kettle. It's attractive, and does what it's supposed to. It's annoying that you can't really take the lid off after you boil the water once (you will get burned), but you can re-fill the kettle via the spout so it's not a huge issue.
on September 11, 2014
I bought this in replace of my old plastic kettle, in fear of the toxic chemicals given out by the plastic. Although plastic isn't completely eliminated in the kettle, the contact between water and plastic part is minimal.
on January 19, 2011
Looks good on the counter. When filling up with water, the handle is kind of blocking the opening. Because maybe I'm just not used to it, as my old one was a Kenmore kettle with handles on the sides. Otherwise, it's a good one and does it's job well.
on March 14, 2014
Easy to use, clean, all the things! Others have mentioned the steam when you fill it (the handle is over the top hole), but I use a pitcher to fill it and when i do put it under the tap, the handle is big enough to hold at either end.

would recommend and buy again :)
on November 16, 2015
i really like the design of this kettle but there is one problem. it is very loud... i have to turn the volume up on my tv when i am using this kettle. it does the job fine but i just wish it was quieter.