A very good appliance once you use it a while.
Takes a bit of getting used too, since cooking the egg more requires more water for a given number of eggs, yet cooking more eggs to a given hardness requires less water.
Published on Jan. 18 2010 by John Elmer Swiggum

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes fluffy tender eggs
Published on Nov. 13 2011 by A. Bilodeau

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finnicky and confusing but well woth while learning how to use, Jan. 18 2010
John Elmer Swiggum "tlc guru" (Marshall SK Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
A very good appliance once you use it a while.
Once you have determined how much water to use, it is better to add the last bit to the graduated cylinder using an eyedropper as the amount added must be exact in order to get repeatable results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes fluffy tender eggs, Nov. 13 2011
A. Bilodeau (Montreal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
I got this after seeing an HSN infomercial for the Chef's Choice version. I liked that this one had an auto shut-off feature the other one was lacking and it was the only one I could find that delivered to Canada at the time. So I went for it. I ended up returning mine because I hated the shape of the poached eggs mold which makes it nearly impossible to get the eggs out without breaking the yolk. Also the auto shut-off feature is not like that of a kettle. It waits untill the machine has cooled down, and then starts heating again until you either turn it off or unplug it. So after returning this one and purchasing the Chef's Choice version, here's what I think of the Cuisinart:

- The fact that piercing the shells is recommended (and you do get a pin under the water cup for this) is a good thing. It makes for fluffier, dreamier eggs;
- The fact that the machine only shuts off once the water you measured has completely evaporated, makes for a more difficult cleanup of the base, which happens to contain electronic parts. Not good;
- If you tend to lose stuff like the measuring cup, you may prefer the Chef's Choice as that one has a sliding timer with the desired egg type written on the machine and you won't have to measure the water;
- If you plan on using the poaching tray, be aware that it makes weird 1 inch deep sharp pie shapes. Not great for sandwiches, not great for unmolding, and not great for omelets either. I prefer Chef's Choice wider, rounded bottom oval shapes;
- While the auto shut-off feature is far from perfect, this one is the only egg cooker I could find with one.

All in all, neither machine is perfect, but you'll probably only prefer this one if you're not planning on poaching much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic even for a gadget hater!, June 14 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
Bought this during a reno to try and have normal breakfasts without the stove. Figured it would be a throwaway afterward as I generally find most single use gadgets don't earn their cupboard space Amazing little contraption though! I have continued to use it for months after I could revert to stovetop options. I really like soft boiled eggs but had given them up as a breakfast option because I would get distracted and forget them and I'd never had a satisfactory egg timer despite several trials. Now they are back on the menu. I tell all kinds of people about this, but they are nearly all doubtful or mocking....I mean who can't boil an egg?! But I really highly recommend if you've got the storage space.

5.0 out of 5 stars woof woof holla!, May 2 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
Product itself will take some tweaking in amounts of water to cook eggs properly to personal taste. so far so good. A soft boiled egg cooks faster than it would take to just boil a pot of water. I would recommend if you are lazy like me. Go Aaron!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker, March 27 2013
R. MCRAE "Rod McRae" (3828 Siringo Lane, west Kelowna, B.C. V4T 3G4) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
We find this to be an excellant product. My wife uses the egg cooker componetn whereas I use the egg poacher feature. Both processes are done to our complete satisfaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars pratique et simple, Dec 2 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
Je l'ai utilisé plusieurs fois depuis l'achat...Parfois avec succès, parfois non. C'est difficile d'avoir toujours la bonne cuisson...Mais je persiste.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says it does., Dec 8 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
Great little addition to our appliances. The egg cooker does what it says it will do.
WE still need to find the right balance for poached done "our" way but overall not disappointed.
Really easy clean up. Would recommend to any egg lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! This is a great way to cook eggs!, Nov. 23 2011
A. Donovan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
If you boil/poach eggs often, buy this! It cooks eggs with less time and effort, and uses less power as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!!, Sept. 4 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
I love this product! Tried something similar in Holland this summer so had to find one when I came home.
Eggs come out perfect, easy to follow instructions and clean up!
I would recommend to anyone who enjoy's eggs :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little egg, Feb. 17 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CEC-7C Egg Cooker (Kitchen)
I love this little poacher -- I've only used it for poaching so far, but it has been awesome. A great replacement for an old poacher. It's easy to use, not fussy and takes up very little room in the cupboard. I love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›