5.0 out of 5 stars Beastly hurricane-like qualities.
Published 17 months ago by aurorabeam

3.0 out of 5 stars not for big jobs
It took me a long time and 3 filter cleanings to finish a flight of carpeted stairs.
Published on Feb. 8 2010 by Apple

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beastly hurricane-like qualities., March 5 2013
This review is from: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Hand Vac 33A1C Hand Held Vacuum, Black (Kitchen)
I've got a long-haired cat that not only sheds enough per week to make three new cats but also likes to destroy the one carpet in the entire apartment just to goad us. We had tumbleweeds of fur and carpet fibres drifting everywhere and I looked extensively for some sort of hand vacuum that would pick up the clumps as well as thoroughly clean the carpet and couches, but didn't want to spend upwards of $100 on something I would only use in one small area of the house. Enter the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser!
This vacuum rocks my world. The rubberized tip works the same way that our cat brush works by grabbing the hair and clumping it for easier removal, and the jet engine that powers this thing could probably create a hole in the ozone layer if given the opportunity (I clearly don't know how the ozone layer works but I'm sure this suck-machine could do it regardless). It's got a super long cord so I can even use it to de-cat-ify my car by plugging it in to an extension cord by the window and stringing it out across the sidewalk to the street, with the bonus of angering my uptight anti-car pedestrian neighbours.
The first time I busted this thing out, it looked a little wimpy to me. The cute lil pink logo and the fuchsia tip were deceivingly adorable, but after plugging it in and turning it on, it packed so hard a punch it almost gave me whiplash. Loose objects went flying across the room, a storm started brewing, all the oxygen was vented... okay, not really. But it was pretty powerful. I got half of the carpet done before it lost significant suction and once I emptied this bad boy into the trash, it was back up to full suck. The carpet turned from grey back to red, and after another empty it turned the couch from grey back to olive. The filter did a pretty good job of holding all the dust hostage until I executed it via kitchen catcher and I didn't mind having to empty the canister several times in order to keep the suckage at top speed.
Overall, this thing is a fur-devouring monster and it's definitely worth the price. The only things I'm not bananas about are the holes on the top of the rubber tip (compromising maximum sucking, why would they do this?), the leaf-blower-like vents on the side (tossing around dust I haven't had the chance to search and destroy yet), and the fact it doesn't make me brunch (I would be willing to pay an extra $10 if it served pancakes after I was done dust busting). We've dubbed it the Beast and for now it's keeping our feline menace from passive aggressively suffocating us with cat hair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great vacuum! Minor design complaints., June 16 2010
clean freak (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
My cat sheds a LOT and this vacuum helped get my couch completely clean for the first time since I've had him! Great suction. My only complaints are that (1) the design and placement of the handle are a little awkward, and (2) since the suction is so strong, so is the vent. So beware if you're using it near hard surfaces, as the air blowing out of the side vents will kick up whatever dust and dirt that may be lying around. I wish they had designed it so that the vents were better directed; as it is now, the air blows straight out of both sides of the black part. Still, I'm very happy with how clean my upholstery is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, May 4 2013
I have a dog and 3 indoor cats who shed enough to knit another pet. I have been researching for months, trying to find the perfect vacuum for my situation. This product is inexpensive, sturdy, light weight, and easily accesses the creases and crevices in my sofa/arm chair. The suction is strong and it is easy to clean...no bags. I'd recommend this to any pet owner. It also works well on the interior of my car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job but awkward., Jan. 15 2014
This little hand vac packs a punch as far as removing pet hair, especially for the price! I've only had it for a month or so but It's easy to clean and has a nice long electrical cord with it's own velcro tie for easy storage. Unfortunately, it's tiresome to hold for very long due to it's awkward handle design. Not sure why they did it this way. If not for the handle placement, I would have given it 5 stars.
Bottom line; I would recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars not for big jobs, Feb. 8 2010
I got a sore wrist from manually trying to loosen and pick up hair from a GSD with the rubber flexible end. A vacuum with a roller brush on the end could do that for you as long as the brush head is very strong for the downward pressure it needs. I have tried the pet vacuum from B and D and the plastic is too weak at the business end. The Bissell is tougher plastic and it has a powerful motor.
Good though for doing the inside of my car. I will go back to using my upright for the stairs. I have two flights.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good picker upper, May 16 2014
Works well for quick pickups, instead of dragging out the regular vacuum. I found removing the cup a bit difficult, but that's probably because I'm impatient. The rubber attachment works well removing pet hair and there's enough suction to pick up scattered kitty litter without it blowing back in my face. Good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, March 2 2014
I have a dog and I have been researching for weeks, trying to find the perfect vacuum . This product is easy to clean...no bags. I'd recommend this to any pet owner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had spent the few extra dollars for the Hoover!!!, April 23 2014
I wish now I had gone with the Hoover bagless handheld with the pivoting head as this machine seems to require me to stop and feed accumulated hair into the unit, I think the rotating brush would do a better job!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in my car, Sept. 9 2013
Bought this to hopefully find something that can get dog hair out of my car seats, and this is one of the only things that works very well and has great suction to get all the hairs as long as you use enough force.

The pet brush is pretty nice and works well.

4.0 out of 5 stars for small jobs, better than nothing, April 22 2013
it is not for big jobs, not for big jobs. i cleaned my bunny cage and the sofa with it. works well,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›