5.0 out of 5 stars great with a chance of making you laugh a lot
Fantastic animation, wonderful story, jokes thrown in that adults will get but, of course, fun for kids too plus a voice actor cast that is perfectly cast. You'll also love the nods to some classic scenes in past movies such as the "Twilight Zone" airplane scene and the Indy Jones' heart removal scene done on a gummy bear (I'm not making this up).

The script is...
Published on Jan. 14 2010 by Brian Maitland

1.0 out of 5 stars Good movie but beware buying from Amazon on sale
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie at theatre and wanted to add it to my home video library for my kids. I am also building a digital library so the digital copy license is key.

The first time I received my order from Amazon, they sent the wrong copy (the Blu Ray and DVD version only). I returned the product and Amazon promptly resent my order. Unfortunately,...
Published on Jan. 16 2013 by bythehour

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great with a chance of making you laugh a lot, Jan. 14 2010
Brian Maitland (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)

The script is beyond great and Bill Hader has perfect comic pacing as the lead.

The underlying social commentary on how many Americans crave total junk as their diet is unsubtle but still it works. In a way the movie works on many levels so I'm sure with repeated viewings you'll get even more out of it.

All in all, there were so many burst-out loud laughs and little chuckles at even the throwaway lines or scenes, that it truly is one of the best comedies of the year.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun plot, good animation and effects, June 2 2013
Suzanne Baal (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
We really enjoyed this film - it was a cute story, and the animation and 3D effects were quite good. I think it's suitable for kids, but also fun for adults too. Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars REBIRTH OF MOTHRA: TRILOGY (BLU-RAY) FANTASY FAMILY FUN, Oct. 23 2014
Eddy B - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
PLEASE NOTE:
OVER THE LAST 2 MONTHS I'VE CALLED AMAZON 3 TIMES TO TELL THEM ALL THE REVIEWS UNDER THIS TITLE WERE FOR THE ANIMATED MOVIE 'CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS'. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO RECTIFY THIS PROBLEM.

My quick review of 'Rebirth Of Mothra: Trilogy:

I bought the 2 film 'Rebirth Of Mothra (1 & 2)' when it came out in 2000 on DVD. Finally in 2014 I finally get to see 'Rebirth Of Mothra 3'.

All 3 films in this 2 Disc Blu-ray set can be played in original Japanese with or without English subtitles or with an English dubbed soundtrack.

None of these three gigantic creatures features can be taken seriously, as they are just fantasy family fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cloudy with a chance of laughter, May 30 2010
This is great for the whole family to sit and watch. Maybe a movie night or just a blah day outside.
Too cute and fun. A great twist from the book.
My children enjoyed this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great in 3d, Aug. 10 2010
If you have the 3d tv and player you will love this move and the picture will blow you mind, my kids loved it and so did i, great price and fast shipping, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D is the stuff!, July 19 2010
Christopher Lowe (Beamsville, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I bought this disc to try out my Samsung DLP 3D setup. I used the PC with 3d Blu Ray software and the picture was awesome!!
Can't wait for the movies to start rolling out in this format.
As for the service, it was fantastic. The movie shipped at 8PM the day it came out and I had it the next day, FAST!(and thats by Canada Post)
Thanks Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Jan. 3 2014
My grandson really looked this movie when we rented it on TV so ordered it for him. He loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS!, July 25 2013
The film is pretty fun, creative and the voice cast is likable.
The animation and character design is just perfect and enjoyable.
The main protagonist is funny, goofy and easily likable.
Everyone else is also quite easy to like, even the annoying mayor is funny.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, March 14 2014
My kids love this movie. I wasn't sure about it for a long time, then when it was a decent price I bought it. If the kids didn't like it then I wouldn't be out much money. Pleased to have purchased it. A good movie to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars the second one is even better, April 27 2014
loved the play on words, the humor, the second movie is to my opinion even more hilarious... and that in english and in spanish, the french translation is good as well but not as good as the two other languages...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›