countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on May 10, 2016
Great watch but I realized afterwards that I overpaid for it when I bought it (Approximately 200cdn$).
Eventually the price went down and other companies came up with similar watches for much cheaper.

con: the little piece to hold the tip of the strap down broke quite easily...

I do really like the product but would only recommend to those who can afford it otherwise would go for something less expensive.
on October 16, 2012
I should have taken the reviews more seriously.

This watch looks great and I get alot of compliments on it, but I would never buy another Stuhrling again.

It is off by about 3 mins a day.. maybe more.

I bought a watch that I was hoping would be an accurate timepiece.. I can't believe that Amazon still stocks these.
on April 22, 2012
Just received the watch a week ago and I'm impressed on every level. It looks great and is perhaps more impressive when you have it in your hands. It has a nice weight and feels solid. I've already whacked it pretty hard a couple of times as I get used to having something on my wrist again, but it didn't have the slightest effect or leave a mark. With regards to the accuracy it seems to gain a minute every few days but that should be remedied with an adjustment. Does the 1 star reviewer believe you can't adjust a mechanical watch?
on November 24, 2013
I love the way this watch looks, feels, etc. But it broke on me in 3 months. It just stopped working, and now I am forced to send it in for warranty... Now this might sound all fine and dandy. But Sturhling's warranty policy is terrible. In terms of, when I ship my watch to them (I pay for shipping to them), they want me to include 40$ (because I am an international customer), in the package, so that they could ship it back to me. Why do I have to pay all that for a product of theirs that broke. I love the Sturhling style, but the company has lost a customer.
on January 5, 2014
The watch stopped working after 2 months. Disappointing since this is past the 30 days for refund or exchange. Extra shipping charges to send to the service centre with Stuhrling. Caution when buying certain brands of watches, read the fine print for warranty.
on May 5, 2012
This is the first product I bought from Amazon.ca that I've been truly disappointed with, and I would guess I have purchased 100 items from them. I felt compelled to write my first review so that others do not fall into the trap of buying this watch. I agree with other reviews that while the style is great, it keeps poor time ( even when manually wound to supplement the auto wind ). To adjust the time of course, you have to pull out the crown, which has pulled right out of the watch for me on 2 occasions ( the first being the inaugural setting of the time ). When this happens, the crown assembly has to be delicately nursed back into the watch and aligned. I now have to "baby" the crown on every occasion I adjust the time .... which is frequent. Don't be fooled into buying this watch because it looks like a deal ... it isn't.
on January 17, 2016
Based on the reviews, I think QA at the factory might be a bit hit or miss. Mine keeps good time, and looks better than many pictures online.

I did have one issue: the weight for the automatic winding mechanism came loose when I wore the watch to a concert and it got banged around. I removed the back, and tightened the screw holding it down. No issues since then.

So definitely a bit of a risk, but one I'm glad I took at the price I paid. If you need perfect timekeeping and good reliability, spend more, or buy a quartz. If you want a cheap mechanical timepiece, and don't want the QA risk, consider a seiko 5.
Like one other Stuhrling watch that I own, for an inexpensive mechanical watch, it keeps predictable time; that is, it gains roughly 10 to 15 seconds per day, so if you establish its inaccuracy on one day, you can guestimate its inaccuracy on subsequent days.
But, whenever you set it, it will be inaccurate from the get-go, because, unlike most mechanical watches, pulling the stem on this one does not stop the movement (second hand) therefore it is effectively impossible to set the time accurately.
Other than that, it is an attractive watch, if you don't care about accuracy.
on February 21, 2012
The watch is beautiful & unique. I especially like the fact you you can see the moving parts from both sides through the crystal on the front & back. It keeps perfect time. The only drawback is that the wind up only lasts for a few days. I wind it everytime I wear it with no problems. For a watch I don't wear everyday, I don't mind winding it each time.
on February 26, 2014
I bought this watch and within 2 months is just stopped working. I sent it to Stuhrling to be repaired, it took 2 1/2 months and $40USD (as I'm an international customer), 2 months later it again stopped working (it just wouldn't go). I have approached Stuhrling, Timepiece Trading (the seller through Amazon) and Amazon about getting my money back and they are all passing the buck, no one is accepting responsibility. I would never buy another Stuhrling watch and I would certainly think twice before I bought another watch through Amazon.