5.0 out of 5 stars "I'm glad they did this film"
Published on Dec 25 2009 by Tommy Sixx Morais

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Songs are good. Almost all mtvs were rehearsal.

Dvd is enough. Not really blue ray quality. Just listen to the songs.
Published 20 months ago by Jazz Joe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "I'm glad they did this film", Dec 25 2009
Tommy Sixx Morais (The Great White North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
When Michael Jackson died on June 25th 2009 it seems a part of the world died with him. It made many people sad all over the world and it seems that for once everyone was being nice to this man who had always been abused by the Medias; journalists, interviewers and others. When I heard of the "This Is It" movie concert I didn't know what to think. I knew it was rehearsal footage from the 50 concerts he was to perform at the O2 arena but I didn't know what was going to come out of it or what they were going to do with it. When I saw the trailers I knew I had to see this and that "This Is It" was going to be something special like I've never seen. And that's precisely what I got, I even bought my ticket in advance for the movie and feel like it was much worth it.

It amazed me how good MJ still was, the dance moves were great and fascinating to me. He was clearly the one in charge of the whole thing. He gave precise instructions of what he wanted, made sure everything was right and did everything that needed to be done. The film shows just how much Michael was respected, there were parts of it where they asked him if he wanted anything or what he thought and if he liked something, it seems no one assumed anything at all. When he talked the crew would listen and he asked things in the nicest way, never to hurt anyone. There's not a part that doesn't make him look like the nice guy he always was. There are mixed feelings about him after all the bad things that have been said about him but after watching this I don't know one could possibly believe them.

To be honest I loved every minute of it, every song was special and was great to watch. Right from the beginning of "Wanna Be Startin'Somethin'" it was amazing. No matter how many people surround him he's always the one who does things better than anyone else and the one you're watching. This Is It was really a unique experience, I felt they chose the right footage parts for the movie and made him look great in every sense. They could truly have messed things up but they didn't and came out with an amazing documentary, it's sort of a testament to his fans, it's just very special. I really liked the Thriller 3D part, it was a 3D video shoot and afterwards you see MJ coming out onstage from a spider, the show would have looked awesome. They Don't Care About Us was amazing, The Smooth Criminal part was very interesting, so was the Earth Song which had a beautiful video of a little girl in a forest, waking up to see that all of it has been destroyed. I won't go further but every song had something about them.

The stage show would have been grandiose, the fireworks, the "fireball" (quite impressive I won't spoil anything), pyrotechnics, the videos that accompany the songs are all very impressive. This could very well have been the best show ever had he lived to perform them. In the end I was quite amazed by the 1: 48 minutes I watched, I can't wait to see it again and the message Michael gives at the end is very inspiring. From the auditions of the brilliant performers to the credits with the "This Is It" song I was captivated.

The said special features will feature more of the rehearsal and a two part documentary on Michael's history and his comeback along behind the scenes. I can't wait to see more of the rehearsal and hopefully the extras will be great and there will plenty to watch.

It's hard for me to describe what watching this movie was like and what I felt about it. I know this is rehearsal footage but it's truly brilliant and while it main not catch Michael at his best it certainly catches him at his most honest. I don't have anything bad to say about either this movie or the man himself, This Is It is a must see. It doesn't matter if you watch in its theatrical run or on DVD/Blue Ray when released, this is amazing and his fans just have to see this. I will certainly be amongst those who buy it and watch it over and over again. This man gave his life to music and his fans and I don't remember where I heard or read this but I do remember that someone said: "He was a gift of god, he was a kind human being who's been mistreated by many opportunists, he's been taken advantage of but he was the nicest person and could never harm anyone" or sometime like that. These words are very truthful and really mean something to his fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent......MJ...gave 200 percent+++ RIP, Dec 2 2009
Mary Nowak (Winnipeg, Canada) - See all my reviews
At 50 Michael still had it....The dancing, the special effects, amazing..
I'm totally impressed with the film..
I have never in my life been or seen Michael Jackson in concert...
He's kind and soft spoken and never angry or upset...a Perfectionist at his best.
If you weren't a fan, you definitely will be...
A must see film...
Michael Jackson will be truly missed by family, friends and the world of fans and children of the world...RIP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tribute, July 9 2014
Entertaining. Nice tribute. Revealing. Adults & kids enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...., Dec 14 2013
This review is from: Michael Jackson: This Is It [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français) (Blu-ray)
Just one of the best historic views of MJ.....Super dancers, musicians and staging! And best of all MJ with very much engagement....

5.0 out of 5 stars A celebration of the musical genious that was Michael Jackson!, July 6 2013
Will watch this many times and not grow weary of hearing his music and watching his amazing dance moves. Sad to know he is gone though his music will live on forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is It Limited Edition 2 DVD Set, June 12 2013
Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT is an amazing behind the scenes look at Michael Jackson as he develops, creates and rehearsed for his sold out show of the same name. Chronicling the months from April to June 2009, this film was produced with the full support of the Estate of Michael Jackson which is drawn from more than 100 hours of behind the scene footage featuring Michael rehearsing for the show.

Disc 1: THIS IS IT movie described above which is sensational. To see Michael hard at work with the singers, dancers and musicians was awesome!!! This would have been truly phenomenal to have seen live but I am truly grateful this DVD was compiled to let us see what THIS IS IT would have been like. Truly a gift for all to see.
Also on Disc 1: Making of Documentaries, Featurettes: The Gloved One, Costumes, Memories of Michael and Auditions.

Disc 2: Featurettes: Meet the Dancers, Meet the Band, Meet the Vocalists and Unfinished Rehearsals.

Truly a remarkable 2 Disc set that will be enjoyed by all and especially Michael Jackson fans. His singing and dancing, even though he was much older than the other dancers was awesome. To see this show come alive right before your eyes was amazing! Also Michael's attention to detail and his creative process was amazing to watch first hand as these cameras were only there for Michael's own library as he recorded everything he did so that he could make adjustments. This is a once in a lifetime never to be repeated show which is aptly entitled THIS IS IT. So enjoy all 111 minutes plus all the bonus material. A must have for all Michael Jackson collectors and fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Jackson, Feb. 5 2013
Bettie S. Fraser (canada) - See all my reviews
What can you say about Michael Jackson? He was really wonderful and talented
beyond belief. This was a pleasure to watch over and over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing, Nov. 26 2012
Best from King of pop, I watched in theatre and collect it in Blu ray again. For MJ lover only.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, Nov. 12 2012
Jazz Joe "3 books a year" (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Songs are good. Almost all mtvs were rehearsal.

Dvd is enough. Not really blue ray quality. Just listen to the songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great satisfaction, Sept. 24 2012
Michèle Beaumont "Mambo" (Quebec,Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm very satisfy for this dvd,i receive this product very quickly.

And the quality of the dvd is very good.

Michelle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Michael Jackson: This Is It [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 11.99