march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on August 28, 2012
This single serve blender with a built in 'to-go' sipping cup exceeded my lower expectations. I've had large blenders that couldn't get through the contents, but this little one did just a great job. My first smoothie made was (in order) a handful of frozen blueberries, a glug of milk, a couple of tablespoons of yogurt, sprinkles of crushed flax seed, half a banana and 3 large ice cubes. It did the job beautifully.

My recommendations from some other general reviews are:

1) If using large, hard ice cubes, put them in after liquids (which is common sense). My ice was no problem at all to pulverize quickly.

2) Don't take a chance in burning out the unit by keeping the power button on continually. This item is meant and made to accomodate quick pulses, and it took well only under a minute to pulse the above smoothie with large, hard ice cubes.

3) I recommend hand washing the travel sipping lid versus throwing it in the dishwasher, so it doesn't get wonky, cracked or shrunken, which might cause problems with leakage later and the purpose of a 'to-go' cup.

4) After a shake or smoothie, just give the container and lid a quick warm rinse and swish. It's very easy to wash afterwards this way and ready to go for the next one.

I am very happy with this purchase and it makes drinking healthy smoothies and shakes every day a breeze. It's also not a monster to store.

Love it and is good value!

I'd definitely purchase again.
on March 7, 2011
I bought this because I had a 20 year old giant blender and I was annoyed at how long it took to clean it. So I bought this because it was inexpensive and small. I had a few worries when I ordered it, namely if it was going to be TOO small and if it would be powerful enough to blend ice. Well it passed all my tests and
it blends perfectly! Because it has a nice travel lid you can pop the container off and drink it without having to dirty another glass. It's also easy to clean because of it's small size. Here is what I use:

-150ml skim milk
-1 scoop whey protein powder
-1 banana (chopped)
-6 strawberries (frozen)
-25 blueberries
-7 large ice cubes

This fills the container almost to the top.
on January 13, 2012
recently broke my magic bullet, and replaced temporarily with this! I think I'll use this more now as it breaks up frozen spinach nuggets for my smoothies much better, also very handy to just take the cup you mixed it in, and go. Easy to clean, it's a big/wide cup, but works well for what I use it for. Fairly quiet too for a blender! Definitely suggest it.
on February 21, 2015
This little blender was one big surprise for me. Because it was a single serving blender on sale, I made a purchase.

I thought it would be another cheap, useless, soon-to-burn-out blender. But I was so wrong! It works like a dream. Do not underestimate the look of this blender. It seems that because of the low price, it may be inferior to other professional blenders. But that isn't the case. I have had the opportunity to use a nutri bullet, and let me tell you, I prefer this one! It seems easier to use, it's got great storage capabilities, and makes a smoothie in a matter of seconds without anything getting stuck in the blades.

I usually make a smoothie with the following ingredients; two frozen bananas, two tbsp of almond butter, and 300-400 ml of almond milk. It's ready in no time. This is an investment that will barely affect your wallet, but change your smoothies entirely.
on October 10, 2012
I was really disappointed that this blender didn't suit my needs, because I had read so many great reviews. For a small, low power single-serve blender, I suppose this is a fine product. However, I always use frozen fruit in my smoothies and this product was not up to the task. After many attempts, the strawberries would still be almost completely whole. I even tried putting in only one or two berries in at a time, and (a) it still wasn't blending it smooth, and (b) that process was then taking so much longer than it normally would in a regular-sized blender that the quick efficiency of a small blender lost all its value. Unfortunately I had to return this product.

If you only make smoothies with soft or liquid items, it seems from other reviews that this will work for you. Otherwise save up for a machine with more power.
on April 25, 2014
Great little blender! Have made protein smoothies with bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, frozen fruit, ice, oatmeal, etc. in it for almost 3 years. I even add my liquid vitamins to the drinks. All blend well! It is still as powerful as the day I purchased. Easy to clean up except for the greasy peanut butter which is a little pesky. One of the neatest things is that little hole under its sliding cover for drinking but better yet is to use a plastic drinking Straw. It is so much friendlier to drink this way with little sips throughout the morning. Have given this blender as a gift to friends and family. They all think it is great. Terrific value around $15.00.
on March 16, 2013
[This review is heavily edited since owning it for a while]
You get what you pay for. Blend some soft stuff together - fabulous. Blend ice or anything frozen? Forget it. Frozen berries gum it up, ice gums it up, and yes, when you put your liquids in first it still gums up (I see other commenters scoffing because OBVIOUSLY the negative reviewers are not doing something correctly - not so!).

Yogurt, fresh berries, protein powder, milks, juices - all blend wonderfully. Anything else - forget it. I'll keep this as my quick toss something together blender and invest in a Ninja or some such for real smoothies.
on August 29, 2015
After about a weeks worth of making protein shakes, this little blender has impressed me enough to write a review about it.

For the price you cannot go wrong, both the unit and the mug that you can use to drink out of are really nice. It blends and crushes ice very good, while being small enough to tuck away in a cupboard.

Be advised the only button is a pulser, so pulses should be short and not held down for too long.

If you need a cheap single serve blender, get this one.
on September 13, 2015
I did a bunch of research on single serve blenders. This one came out on top for a few reasons.

Pros:
- Price Point ~ I have a regular blender; I'm not looking to buy a replacement or specifically a really high quality single serve blender.
- Size ~ I compared this one to a few others that had pretty skinny bottles. Most of the feedback on them were that they were hard to fill. This one is not at all!
- Overall Footprint ~ Like I said, I have a regular sized blender but I'm not really hurting for space. I still wanted something on the fairly small side or didn't have a lot of extra parts.
- Power ~ It can handle frozen fruit like no other. As long as you put the liquid in first, you're good to grind up a bunch of frozen chunks.

Cons:
- Lid ~ I wish it screwed on - this is just pressed on. I understand why it is not a screw on though; you use it while blending... screwing it on and off would be annoying.

Conclusion:
This little machine wins for its simplicity, price point and power. Highly recommended.
on June 25, 2013
it has worked great for me for almost a year now. use it at least four times a week and its still going. great purchase