countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on September 13, 2015
I did a bunch of research on single serve blenders. This one came out on top for a few reasons.

Pros:
- Price Point ~ I have a regular blender; I'm not looking to buy a replacement or specifically a really high quality single serve blender.
- Size ~ I compared this one to a few others that had pretty skinny bottles. Most of the feedback on them were that they were hard to fill. This one is not at all!
- Overall Footprint ~ Like I said, I have a regular sized blender but I'm not really hurting for space. I still wanted something on the fairly small side or didn't have a lot of extra parts.
- Power ~ It can handle frozen fruit like no other. As long as you put the liquid in first, you're good to grind up a bunch of frozen chunks.

Cons:
- Lid ~ I wish it screwed on - this is just pressed on. I understand why it is not a screw on though; you use it while blending... screwing it on and off would be annoying.

Conclusion:
This little machine wins for its simplicity, price point and power. Highly recommended.
on July 16, 2016
Not powerful enough to blend frozen fruit or much else, except protein powder shakes. Super convenient size and price so have kept it, despite lack of power, just for protein power shakes as it fits in the dishwasher. Ended up getting a Blendtec and a miniTwister jar for actually blending vegetables. The lid of this blender fits into the Blendtec miniTwister jar that doesn't have a proper airtight lid, which allows me to use the miniTwister jar for small 150 ml smoothies.
on August 28, 2012
This single serve blender with a built in 'to-go' sipping cup exceeded my lower expectations. I've had large blenders that couldn't get through the contents, but this little one did just a great job. My first smoothie made was (in order) a handful of frozen blueberries, a glug of milk, a couple of tablespoons of yogurt, sprinkles of crushed flax seed, half a banana and 3 large ice cubes. It did the job beautifully.

My recommendations from some other general reviews are:

1) If using large, hard ice cubes, put them in after liquids (which is common sense). My ice was no problem at all to pulverize quickly.

2) Don't take a chance in burning out the unit by keeping the power button on continually. This item is meant and made to accomodate quick pulses, and it took well only under a minute to pulse the above smoothie with large, hard ice cubes.

3) I recommend hand washing the travel sipping lid versus throwing it in the dishwasher, so it doesn't get wonky, cracked or shrunken, which might cause problems with leakage later and the purpose of a 'to-go' cup.

4) After a shake or smoothie, just give the container and lid a quick warm rinse and swish. It's very easy to wash afterwards this way and ready to go for the next one.

I am very happy with this purchase and it makes drinking healthy smoothies and shakes every day a breeze. It's also not a monster to store.

Love it and is good value!

I'd definitely purchase again.
on May 13, 2016
I absolutely love this blender. It can handle an ice cube or to and a lot of frozen fruit. I fill its contents almost to the top and it never has any issues blending at all. Very easy to clean and take a part and store. It's been going strong for over a year now.

The cup has measurements and can be used to drink directly out of right away as it has a seal you slide to open and close, or it makes it very easy and clean to poor into another cup.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 25, 2015
Bought as a cheaper magic bullet replacement for my ex girlfriend when she lost the base for her old blender. Worked just as well as the magic bullet. As for longevity,it outlasted our relationship, If i ever end up hooking up with her again I will be sure to update my amazon review. I'm sure its still running strong for the price its a no-brainier. Would buy again for next future ex-girlfriend if she was in need of a blender.
on May 6, 2015
The Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender is terrific! We bought one to test as we make a smoothie with frozen fruit every morning. It worked exactly as advertised and was much quieter than our full size blender. So we bought two more and used the three of them to make smoothies at our monthly pancake breakfast. They stood up to fairly heavy use over a short period of time. This blender is an unexpected value and a delight to own.
on March 7, 2011
I bought this because I had a 20 year old giant blender and I was annoyed at how long it took to clean it. So I bought this because it was inexpensive and small. I had a few worries when I ordered it, namely if it was going to be TOO small and if it would be powerful enough to blend ice. Well it passed all my tests and
it blends perfectly! Because it has a nice travel lid you can pop the container off and drink it without having to dirty another glass. It's also easy to clean because of it's small size. Here is what I use:

-150ml skim milk
-1 scoop whey protein powder
-1 banana (chopped)
-6 strawberries (frozen)
-25 blueberries
-7 large ice cubes

This fills the container almost to the top.
on July 17, 2015
Able to handle frozen fruit and ice unlike a lot of blenders so I was pleasantly surprised. Works great for smoothies cause you can make it then just drink straight from the blender cause it has a drink lid attached and is small enough to be portable. That's pretty much all I'm using it for so can't comment on much else.
on February 13, 2015
This is my ultimate favorite blender in the world! Yea it only has one speed setting but that all you really need as the blade isn't as low as other blenders. Does a really good job, and the serving is actually quite large. My bf stole mine i got myself on Boxing Day so I had to order this one for myself XD
on December 1, 2014
I just tried this for the first time and I love it! Works better than the handheld blender I was using prior to purchasing this. I made the mistake of putting the frozen berries in first, so it took quite a few pulses to get it going, but once it started going it blended beautifully and I had practically none of those seeds from the berries that get stuck in your throat. Also, the smoothie I made filled up almost to the top, and it was a pretty huge smoothie, I didn't realize how big it was until I was halfway through drinking it lol. It looks like it makes a smaller drink than it does, which is a positive in my opinion. Overall I'm happy with it so far, I hope it lasts.