4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, a few concerns
Published 8 months ago by Matt

3.0 out of 5 stars Blue Yeti - Singing
I read the reviews for the Blue Yeti and decided I would give it a try. I currently have a Samson GTrack USB microphone. In comparing the two for singing, the GTrack has a much richer sound. The Blue Yeti has more 'trebel' and has a harsher sound. It also picks up ambient noise. Mind you, the GTrack is a bit more expensive than the Blue Yeti.

If purchasing...
Published on Nov. 30 2010 by J. Dowdall

3.0 out of 5 stars Blue Yeti - Singing, Nov. 30 2010
J. Dowdall (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition (Electronics)

If purchasing a microphone for singing, I would recommend the GTrack over the Yeti. I did have some issues using the GTrack with my older Mac computer, but it works well with my MacBook that is about a year old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, a few concerns, Jan. 13 2014
Sound is fantastic, and it's a solid built microphone if you don't consider the nobs. They are plastic and cheap, some are very stiff which doesn't make sense to me because I feel almost as if I'm going to break the mic in trying to switch settings. Overall very happy, but there is ONE MAJOR FLAW they don't tell you about. If you plan on using this microphone with any stand/boom other than the one that comes attached, Blue is going to charge you $80 for the one shock mount in existence that works with this mic. I was very displeased at this, seeing as I already invested so much. These two reasons prevent a 5 star rating, but I am still pleased with the sound quality itself, which is what matters in the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeti - highs and lows,, Sept. 3 2010
Amazon Customer (Canada/North America) - See all my reviews
I bought this mic, when it was on sale. Good price, it worked very well and sounded good. I was quite excited to use it on skype calls. Then, the computer went to sleep and the microphone wouldn't wake up, even when it was unplugged and replugged. If I wanted to use the Yeti, the computer had to be rebooted. I searched the internet for solutions. How to keep a USB port awake, not sure how much power it draws but my computer doesn't like it. So it sits on my desk, unplugged, most of the time.

As for the issue of taking over the audio inputs and outputs, yes sorta. I went in the control panel -> clicked on -> sound icon, on the play back tab, reselected my speakers (x-fi)output -> clicked on playback tab, made sure the yeti was selected Default. That was it. It takes over the audio properties on your computer, because it has a build-in headphone jack and the tri-capsule array for directional recording.

I might have rated it lower, if I was sure it was the microphone and not a weak 5 volt power supply on the USB ports in the computer. I would have rated it higher, if it worked all the time.

Well have a good day. and if someone figures out how to keep the Yeti awake and out of hibernation, Write a review somewhere. I will keep searching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Promises, Jan. 27 2014
All you can ask of a product; that it promises what it can actually deliver. No issues what so ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars BLUE Yeti Microphone beats the blizzards in arriving almost on time!, Jan. 25 2014
It surpasses my expectations. Great value for a great price! So easy to install and use. makes for superb sound quality and so diverse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mic, Dec 29 2013
A great beginner mic for those looking to get started with recording. The sound is good though I've had some issues with my computer getting confused whether to output the sound to the mic's headphone jack or the computers. But over all it has worked exactly as I assumed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mic...too bad the knobs are bad build quality, Nov. 3 2010
I love everything about this mic...not a bad thing to say about it...EXCEPT...it seems like the knobs (especially the mic gain and headphone volume knob) were put together after the budget was already spent on the rest of the unit. The knobs move too freely inside the cavity and as you turn them they often touch the sides almost scraping as they rotate. This makes a perfect USB microphone less than perfect in my humble opinion, and thus worthy of only 4 stars instead of 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, Aug. 27 2014
Sometimes your anticipation and expectations for a product far outreach what the product provides. The Blue Yeti microphone is NOT picnic those products. It does everything it promises and does it extremely well.

If you record for the web I can say that you won't be disappointed in the performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14 2014
Great quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13 2014
Big fat mic that look good beside my iMac

Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition