4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, a few concerns
Published 11 months ago by Matt

2.0 out of 5 stars Mic threads didn't fit 5/8" stand
Published 2 months ago by Alan Fujino

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, a few concerns, Jan. 13 2014
This review is from: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition (Electronics)
Sound is fantastic, and it's a solid built microphone if you don't consider the nobs. They are plastic and cheap, some are very stiff which doesn't make sense to me because I feel almost as if I'm going to break the mic in trying to switch settings. Overall very happy, but there is ONE MAJOR FLAW they don't tell you about. If you plan on using this microphone with any stand/boom other than the one that comes attached, Blue is going to charge you $80 for the one shock mount in existence that works with this mic. I was very displeased at this, seeing as I already invested so much. These two reasons prevent a 5 star rating, but I am still pleased with the sound quality itself, which is what matters in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars BLUE Yeti Microphone beats the blizzards in arriving almost on time!, Jan. 25 2014
It surpasses my expectations. Great value for a great price! So easy to install and use. makes for superb sound quality and so diverse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heard of the yeti before, still impressed by its performances, Dec 19 2014
While I expected this microphone to catch sounds really well, it came to be much above my expectations. It caught much subtler sounds from very far with insane clarity and, because of this, I'd warn anyone who has a friend with one of those and that have great quality headphone because they'll catch many sounds (gladly with no interferences).

Because it has (apparently) an included speaker, it ends up with a large amount of buttons on it, possibly making it a little annoying to move around to play with its configurations.

Finally, it is very well built, very solid (unlike a few others I've seen that were generally made of thicker plastics), very large and fairly heavy (for microphone standards), although I'd not fear it to break anytime soon. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and feel it has a great price tag, even more so when it has specials put on it (seriously, it's horribly cheap for the quality it offers), and offers little to no problems (horribly easy to setup up as well).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mic...too bad the knobs are bad build quality, Nov. 3 2010
I love everything about this mic...not a bad thing to say about it...EXCEPT...it seems like the knobs (especially the mic gain and headphone volume knob) were put together after the budget was already spent on the rest of the unit. The knobs move too freely inside the cavity and as you turn them they often touch the sides almost scraping as they rotate. This makes a perfect USB microphone less than perfect in my humble opinion, and thus worthy of only 4 stars instead of 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Promises, Jan. 27 2014
All you can ask of a product; that it promises what it can actually deliver. No issues what so ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mic, Dec 29 2013
A great beginner mic for those looking to get started with recording. The sound is good though I've had some issues with my computer getting confused whether to output the sound to the mic's headphone jack or the computers. But over all it has worked exactly as I assumed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!, Jan. 24 2011
I was very happy to get such a wonderful microphone. Firstly, it looks fantastic, so solid, stylish and classy. Besides its look it has all features that a podcaster might need. You can plug in your headphones right into it to eliminate all delays. It has mute button and four different polar modes. So you can record yourself, an interview with your guest or even a huge group of people. Just choose the right mode. I've begun recording tons of podcasts since I got this mic and the quality of sound is awesome. In my view, it is a great choice for those who'd like to try themselves in podcasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended to anyone that wants sound quality at an affordable price., Nov. 24 2014
Phenom (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
Really good audio quality, was impressed. The multiple functions don't work that great though (setting it to record only in front of it still captures some of the sound coming from behind it) but they can't really do much about it I think, since some of the sound still comes to the front of the mic no matter where it comes from.

For the price you can't ask for a better quality microphone.

I recommend buying a cheap "Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter Mask Shield" to go with it (I bought the one from Neewer) for best sound quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mic threads didn't fit 5/8" stand, Oct. 11 2014
Nice sounding microphone with nice user options to select pattern but the threaded area for the microphone stand was larger by just about 1 millimetre(1/16 of an inch). I tried various brands and all results were the same. The threads would barely push completely over the stand threads. I was not using the European stands as they are 3/8" diameter. The mic is a 5/8" thread (supposedly) and the stands were 5/8" threads. Had to return it and bought Audio Tedhnica At2035 for a little more but came with a shock mount.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Fast Shipping, only one issue, Dec 18 2014
Overall I am pleased with my purchase. The product arrived the day after I ordered it, which was really surprising. The only issue I had is that upon opening my parcel, I noticed a 2 inch nail sticking out of the actually product's box, which was a little unnerving. This is something that certainly should have been noticed prior to the parcel shipping out.

All in all, I am please with the purchase as the product is good quality for the price.

Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition