4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, a few concerns
Published 17 months ago by Matt

2.0 out of 5 stars Mic threads didn't fit 5/8" stand
Published 8 months ago by Alan Fujino

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, a few concerns, Jan. 13 2014
This review is from: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition (Electronics)
Sound is fantastic, and it's a solid built microphone if you don't consider the nobs. They are plastic and cheap, some are very stiff which doesn't make sense to me because I feel almost as if I'm going to break the mic in trying to switch settings. Overall very happy, but there is ONE MAJOR FLAW they don't tell you about. If you plan on using this microphone with any stand/boom other than the one that comes attached, Blue is going to charge you $80 for the one shock mount in existence that works with this mic. I was very displeased at this, seeing as I already invested so much. These two reasons prevent a 5 star rating, but I am still pleased with the sound quality itself, which is what matters in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heard of the yeti before, still impressed by its performances, Dec 19 2014
While I expected this microphone to catch sounds really well, it came to be much above my expectations. It caught much subtler sounds from very far with insane clarity and, because of this, I'd warn anyone who has a friend with one of those and that have great quality headphone because they'll catch many sounds (gladly with no interferences).

Because it has (apparently) an included speaker, it ends up with a large amount of buttons on it, possibly making it a little annoying to move around to play with its configurations.

Finally, it is very well built, very solid (unlike a few others I've seen that were generally made of thicker plastics), very large and fairly heavy (for microphone standards), although I'd not fear it to break anytime soon. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and feel it has a great price tag, even more so when it has specials put on it (seriously, it's horribly cheap for the quality it offers), and offers little to no problems (horribly easy to setup up as well).

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Jan. 12 2015
The Blue Yeti is amazing!
The sound quality is crisp and clear, and the ability to adjust certain settings with the knobs on the mic is nice to have.
I've heard some complaints that it will pick up your neighbor talking, or someone cooking downstairs or whatever, but I haven't had that problem : Just don't set your gain past 40% and you should be fine. Another thing is that people are saying the microphone is big, it's big for sure, but its not something I would fret over. The stand really picks up vibrations and there is a lack of options in terms of stands, arms, and shock mounts for the Yeti. I just put the mic on the foam piece that came in the box which conveniently fits the base of the microphone and it helps a lot. Do I recommend it? Yes. Is it worth the money? Yes. (But it is cheaper in the States)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gain. I wanted a very good microphone for ..., Jan. 14 2015
Rothgard - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Excellent gain. I wanted a very good microphone for online gaming voice chat. Didn't want to wear a headset all the time, as gaming headsets don't really have the great sound that a high end pair of Sennheiser's might have. This microphone + top end headphones makes for the best possible audio in gaming.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mic threads didn't fit 5/8" stand, Oct. 11 2014
Nice sounding microphone with nice user options to select pattern but the threaded area for the microphone stand was larger by just about 1 millimetre(1/16 of an inch). I tried various brands and all results were the same. The threads would barely push completely over the stand threads. I was not using the European stands as they are 3/8" diameter. The mic is a 5/8" thread (supposedly) and the stands were 5/8" threads. Had to return it and bought Audio Tedhnica At2035 for a little more but came with a shock mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!, Jan. 24 2011
I was very happy to get such a wonderful microphone. Firstly, it looks fantastic, so solid, stylish and classy. Besides its look it has all features that a podcaster might need. You can plug in your headphones right into it to eliminate all delays. It has mute button and four different polar modes. So you can record yourself, an interview with your guest or even a huge group of people. Just choose the right mode. I've begun recording tons of podcasts since I got this mic and the quality of sound is awesome. In my view, it is a great choice for those who'd like to try themselves in podcasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended to anyone that wants sound quality at an affordable price., Nov. 24 2014
Phenom (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
Really good audio quality, was impressed. The multiple functions don't work that great though (setting it to record only in front of it still captures some of the sound coming from behind it) but they can't really do much about it I think, since some of the sound still comes to the front of the mic no matter where it comes from.

For the price you can't ask for a better quality microphone.

I recommend buying a cheap "Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter Mask Shield" to go with it (I bought the one from Neewer) for best sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars BLUE Yeti Microphone beats the blizzards in arriving almost on time!, Jan. 25 2014
It surpasses my expectations. Great value for a great price! So easy to install and use. makes for superb sound quality and so diverse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing audio quality!, April 18 2015
This is the microphone of choice for many YouTube entertainers who need to record their voice. In cardioid mode, it focuses on recording just you in front of it, and you get mono recordings that sound very professional -- this is what I typically use. The omnidirectional mode records sound from all directions; useful if you're going to be moving around the room. The other modes allow you to choose other directions to record from, and I believe are better suited if you're going to be recording two or more people or recording live music. When you're not recording with it, it doubles as an extremely good microphone for any kind of voice chat -- TeamSpeak, Skype, Steam, in-game voice chat, etc. The microphone is a lot larger than I expected it to be, and is heavy enough that you would not want to knock it over -- it would probably do some damage. I leave it on my desk, which seems to be the intended use for the stand it comes attached with. It is possible to remove the stand and there are mounting threads at the base of the mic, allowing you to screw it onto other standard microphone mounts (check sizes for compatibility). There is a 3.5mm audio-out jack on the bottom of the mic, but the manufacturer intends to be for listening to the live mic feed with a pair of headphones. I'm unsure whether the audio being output through this jack is of significantly lesser quality that you can get via the USB-out.

The Blackout is slightly more expensive than the other colours, and is otherwise identical. In my situation, the aesthetic was well worth the few extra bucks. Most of my computer hardware is black, and the Blackout looks so damn sleek with it.
The higher end version, the Yeti Pro, does have better audio processing hardware, but it is an extra $100 -- for my purposes, it is not worth it. Another thing to consider is that regular Yeti mics have only a USB recording output, whereas the Pro comes with and an additional XLR socket that you can use to hook it up to non-USB audio equipment -- very handy if you perform or want to use a mixer or some other hardware to enhance your recordings.
There is an optional 'Yeti Studio' software that you can purchase that's intended to be a high-end digital audio editing workspace, but there are many good free alternatives like Audacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars This microphone is a beast,, Aug. 10 2013
This thing is heavy duty. When I first picked it up, I couldn't believe how heavy it was. You know this thing isn't cheap just by feeling it. I did a few quality tests using two different programs, and the quality was superb. I'm currently using it without a pop filter and it still sounds excellent, probably because I wasn't right in front of the microphone. I found the buttons on this to be very sturdy. They do take some effort to turn and are not too loose like other people are making them out to be. It swivels nicely, and stays on the preferred angle without tipping out of the desired position. The stand has a neat design, and some nice grip on the bottom of the base.

Since I'm mostly going to be using this for live commentary, it was difficult trying to figure out a place to put this while I was playing, but not have it too far away from my face so that my voice wasn't so low. I currently don't have a desk or anything tall enough to prop it up on. I suggest you get a stand of some sort if you're planning on using this for hands free multitasking.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with it. I would recommend to anyone who wants a great quality USB microphone for a more than reasonable amount of money. It arrived in one day, as expected, and in very secure packaging. My only complaint is not to do with the product itself, but with the delivery. The package was left outside my door for a few hours, without so much as a knock on the door or a ring of my doorbell, and I was home far before it arrived.

Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition