Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Style Name: USB MicrophoneColor: SilverChange

on January 13, 2014
Sound is fantastic, and it's a solid built microphone if you don't consider the nobs. They are plastic and cheap, some are very stiff which doesn't make sense to me because I feel almost as if I'm going to break the mic in trying to switch settings. Overall very happy, but there is ONE MAJOR FLAW they don't tell you about. If you plan on using this microphone with any stand/boom other than the one that comes attached, Blue is going to charge you $80 for the one shock mount in existence that works with this mic. I was very displeased at this, seeing as I already invested so much. These two reasons prevent a 5 star rating, but I am still pleased with the sound quality itself, which is what matters in the end.
on January 12, 2015
The Blue Yeti is amazing!
The sound quality is crisp and clear, and the ability to adjust certain settings with the knobs on the mic is nice to have.
I've heard some complaints that it will pick up your neighbor talking, or someone cooking downstairs or whatever, but I haven't had that problem : Just don't set your gain past 40% and you should be fine. Another thing is that people are saying the microphone is big, it's big for sure, but its not something I would fret over. The stand really picks up vibrations and there is a lack of options in terms of stands, arms, and shock mounts for the Yeti. I just put the mic on the foam piece that came in the box which conveniently fits the base of the microphone and it helps a lot. Do I recommend it? Yes. Is it worth the money? Yes. (But it is cheaper in the States)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 14, 2015
Excellent gain. I wanted a very good microphone for online gaming voice chat. Didn't want to wear a headset all the time, as gaming headsets don't really have the great sound that a high end pair of Sennheiser's might have. This microphone + top end headphones makes for the best possible audio in gaming.
on January 24, 2011
I was very happy to get such a wonderful microphone. Firstly, it looks fantastic, so solid, stylish and classy. Besides its look it has all features that a podcaster might need. You can plug in your headphones right into it to eliminate all delays. It has mute button and four different polar modes. So you can record yourself, an interview with your guest or even a huge group of people. Just choose the right mode. I've begun recording tons of podcasts since I got this mic and the quality of sound is awesome. In my view, it is a great choice for those who'd like to try themselves in podcasting.
on December 19, 2014
While I expected this microphone to catch sounds really well, it came to be much above my expectations. It caught much subtler sounds from very far with insane clarity and, because of this, I'd warn anyone who has a friend with one of those and that have great quality headphone because they'll catch many sounds (gladly with no interferences).

Because it has (apparently) an included speaker, it ends up with a large amount of buttons on it, possibly making it a little annoying to move around to play with its configurations.

Finally, it is very well built, very solid (unlike a few others I've seen that were generally made of thicker plastics), very large and fairly heavy (for microphone standards), although I'd not fear it to break anytime soon. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and feel it has a great price tag, even more so when it has specials put on it (seriously, it's horribly cheap for the quality it offers), and offers little to no problems (horribly easy to setup up as well).
on January 25, 2014
It surpasses my expectations. Great value for a great price! So easy to install and use. makes for superb sound quality and so diverse.
on May 30, 2015
Its a good mic to have for just starting out, and is great for a room of people, the echos from the room pick up a lot on the mic, and your in need of some serious foam for the wall the get rid of it. Unless you want to spend lots of time editing your voice for it, than go ahead. Also i didn't really like the fact that when you want to get a shockmount for it, you have to buy a yeti shockmount because everything else does not fit, same applies to a mic stand, the screw thread is massive and shallow, so its hard to find a good mic stand unless you have a thread adapter. otherwise im fine with it for now. Good starter mic.
on July 25, 2015
I don't normally commit to 5 star reviews but this product and the means by which I acquired it deam it worthy of the 5 stars.
First off, the product itself: it's sturdy, and quite heavy. It's got great quality in its production, intricacy and detail in its design and it has a fantastic sound.
As for the means by which I acquired the Blackout: I had this mic in my wish list, waiting for a price reduction and was unexpectedly tickled when I saw it listed for 50% off during Amazon Prime Days. Yes, I know many who say that Prime Days didn't garner the kind of sales that it hyped, but for me, I was on cloud 9 seeing an item I had coveted for so long, for such a great price. Unfortunately, that deal went fast, and in the time that it took me to move from my cart to checkout, the item was sold out, and thus no longer available for Prime Days pricing.
Very disappointing.
But at my request, Amazon honoured the prime day price for me, a week later once it was back in Amazon's stock.
So between the product and Amazons level of customer care, a 5 star review is well deserved! The only area of concern is price, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better quality USB mic.
on August 10, 2013
This thing is heavy duty. When I first picked it up, I couldn't believe how heavy it was. You know this thing isn't cheap just by feeling it. I did a few quality tests using two different programs, and the quality was superb. I'm currently using it without a pop filter and it still sounds excellent, probably because I wasn't right in front of the microphone. I found the buttons on this to be very sturdy. They do take some effort to turn and are not too loose like other people are making them out to be. It swivels nicely, and stays on the preferred angle without tipping out of the desired position. The stand has a neat design, and some nice grip on the bottom of the base.

Since I'm mostly going to be using this for live commentary, it was difficult trying to figure out a place to put this while I was playing, but not have it too far away from my face so that my voice wasn't so low. I currently don't have a desk or anything tall enough to prop it up on. I suggest you get a stand of some sort if you're planning on using this for hands free multitasking.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with it. I would recommend to anyone who wants a great quality USB microphone for a more than reasonable amount of money. It arrived in one day, as expected, and in very secure packaging. My only complaint is not to do with the product itself, but with the delivery. The package was left outside my door for a few hours, without so much as a knock on the door or a ring of my doorbell, and I was home far before it arrived.
on May 8, 2013
I bought this after dealing with an absolutely terrible $80 microphone and I've been completely satisfied with this microphone.

The packaging was solid. There were no rattling parts and it had the "box within a box" packaging style that just assures it's survival of shipping. When I unpackaged this thing I was expecting some assembly to be needed. In other reviews I heard that it's almost a foot tall. However they tackled this in a very ingenious way. The microphone was just swiveled completely upside down on its stand making it super compact and pre-built.

The stand itself is incredibly sturdy and keeps the microphone really stable, one thing I've noticed is that the microphone can still pick up the rumbling of my typing or other things on my desk, that being said it was never advertised any other way and why would you be typing while recording something?

The microphone is great quality, its nice and heavy and sturdy and built with good materials. There is talk that the knobs seem fragile but I have to say that it's SUPER nitpicking. The volume knob in the front is the only one of the 3 that seems brittle but unless you try to pick up the mic with it or something I'm sure it's fine. The other knobs on the product are SOLID. I never really thought that knobs could feel more sturdy than sturdy but these ones do that.

I've recorded a couple things so far and the quality of this mic meets the same quality as my friends $200 microphone. (I dont know it's name so I cant provide it (It isn't available on or .com anyways))
The highs are crisp without making the recording squeal and the gain knob allows you to easily adjust its sensitivity for whatever recordings you're hoping to make. The stereo option is really cool though I haven't personally had any reason to use it other than to move around it going "wooooahoooooooaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooaaaahhhhooooo" and listening to it change around on my headphones. It maintains it's sound quality throughout all of its modes including stereo.

Over all I'm incredibly impressed with this entire product. The sound is great, the quality of the hardware is better than expected, it's sturdy, the packaging was incredibly secure it has a plethora of input types, the stand is just as sturdy and quality as the mic itself and its design is great. Its slick and clean looking. Something you would be happy to have sitting on your desk.

Get yourself a spring mount thing to get rid of any potential rattling of the surface it's sitting on and I assure you that if you have any low budget or hobbyist projects, this microphone can absolutely meet your demands.