biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools

Style Name: USB MicrophoneColor: SilverChange

on January 13, 2014
Sound is fantastic, and it's a solid built microphone if you don't consider the nobs. They are plastic and cheap, some are very stiff which doesn't make sense to me because I feel almost as if I'm going to break the mic in trying to switch settings. Overall very happy, but there is ONE MAJOR FLAW they don't tell you about. If you plan on using this microphone with any stand/boom other than the one that comes attached, Blue is going to charge you $80 for the one shock mount in existence that works with this mic. I was very displeased at this, seeing as I already invested so much. These two reasons prevent a 5 star rating, but I am still pleased with the sound quality itself, which is what matters in the end.
0Comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 14, 2015
Excellent gain. I wanted a very good microphone for online gaming voice chat. Didn't want to wear a headset all the time, as gaming headsets don't really have the great sound that a high end pair of Sennheiser's might have. This microphone + top end headphones makes for the best possible audio in gaming.
on January 24, 2011
I was very happy to get such a wonderful microphone. Firstly, it looks fantastic, so solid, stylish and classy. Besides its look it has all features that a podcaster might need. You can plug in your headphones right into it to eliminate all delays. It has mute button and four different polar modes. So you can record yourself, an interview with your guest or even a huge group of people. Just choose the right mode. I've begun recording tons of podcasts since I got this mic and the quality of sound is awesome. In my view, it is a great choice for those who'd like to try themselves in podcasting.
on January 7, 2016
Un microphone qui accompli bien son travail, mais qui constitue matériellement un défaut. Il sonne très bien et les 4 modes offrent un son exceptionnel sauf que pour certain, il sera trop sensible. Il permet d’enregistrer une multitude de choses et c'est sans doute sa plus grande force. Le problème est que ce microphone est très encombrant et lourd. Sur un petit bureau, il sera sans doute de trop et sur un trépied ou un bras de support pas suffisamment résistant ne sera pas en mesure de le tenir adéquatement. En conséquent, si vous avez un bureau très grand ou si vous jouez de la musique, faites du podcast, enregistrer un interview à deux ou souhaitez enregistrer le son ambiant d'une pièce, il le fait très bien.

Pensez-y par contre si vous ne voulez que parler ou chanter devant le microphone. Je vous recommanderai à ce moment-là plus un Audio Technica qui ne se sert spécialement que du mode cardioïde. Ces microphones vous offriront fort problablement plus que le Blue Yeti qui semble être neutre dans tous les catégories.
review image
on December 19, 2014
While I expected this microphone to catch sounds really well, it came to be much above my expectations. It caught much subtler sounds from very far with insane clarity and, because of this, I'd warn anyone who has a friend with one of those and that have great quality headphone because they'll catch many sounds (gladly with no interferences).

Because it has (apparently) an included speaker, it ends up with a large amount of buttons on it, possibly making it a little annoying to move around to play with its configurations.

Finally, it is very well built, very solid (unlike a few others I've seen that were generally made of thicker plastics), very large and fairly heavy (for microphone standards), although I'd not fear it to break anytime soon. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and feel it has a great price tag, even more so when it has specials put on it (seriously, it's horribly cheap for the quality it offers), and offers little to no problems (horribly easy to setup up as well).
on January 25, 2014
It surpasses my expectations. Great value for a great price! So easy to install and use. makes for superb sound quality and so diverse.
on December 6, 2015
Sound quality is a complete blast. Absolutely outperforms my astro A50's microphone. Good for recording and YouTube. The 4 different patterns are very nice features.

There is a downside tho, which is why I rated this 4 stars. The shock mount needs to be purchased quite expensively.

The name of the shock mount is Radius II

I suggest you puchase the shock mount on Amazon.com because it's only 80$ ish on .com but on .ca is about 500$ (very weird)
on July 10, 2014
I loved this mic. It worked and sounded just as advertised, and i like the features, but I wont be getting another one. Within 6 months it started making an insanely loud buzzing sound, making it impossible to use. Tested the mic on several computers and it did the same thing each time. I didn't bump or drop or damage it at all, it just started doing it one day. Can't recommend it for this reason alone.
on December 9, 2015
The Yeti sounds great and is pretty versatile, although you have to manage usage to get it to perform the way you want.

The thing is, this mic is SUPER sensitive, and even in cardoid (unidirectional mode) it will pick up everything in the room. There's only a bit of rubber on the bottom platform, so if you sit it on the same desk as your computer, as most people might do with a Mac, you'll actually hear the vibration of the computer through it. The quality of voices will also drop off pretty rapidly as you move back from it, so you'll have to be up nice and personal to it to get the best sound.

All that said, it is still a very versatile mic. You get multiple patterns, like the aforementioned cardoid, as well as omnidirectional and stereo. The reason I got it was for the bi-directional mode, where one person can talk into the front and another into the back, at the same time, with no echo or reverb issues. Both voices will sound good, and this helps you avoid having to come up with another mic for someone. If people tend to lean out of range, you can turn up the gain, but this is made the sensitivity nuts, picking up every rustle of clothes or mouth clicks and smacks and whatnot. Still, it's good that it's there.

Another great thing is the built-in 3.5mm monitor output, so you can plug headphones in and hear yourself talk. I even split the output, put two headphones in, and sent audio from the computer to them let the two people on the Yeti hear the entire panel talking. Great stuff.

If you can snag it on sale, I'd highly recommend the Yeti for podcasting... it can really get you out of a scrape.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2015
I don't normally commit to 5 star reviews but this product and the means by which I acquired it deam it worthy of the 5 stars.
First off, the product itself: it's sturdy, and quite heavy. It's got great quality in its production, intricacy and detail in its design and it has a fantastic sound.
As for the means by which I acquired the Blackout: I had this mic in my wish list, waiting for a price reduction and was unexpectedly tickled when I saw it listed for 50% off during Amazon Prime Days. Yes, I know many who say that Prime Days didn't garner the kind of sales that it hyped, but for me, I was on cloud 9 seeing an item I had coveted for so long, for such a great price. Unfortunately, that deal went fast, and in the time that it took me to move from my cart to checkout, the item was sold out, and thus no longer available for Prime Days pricing.
Very disappointing.
But at my request, Amazon honoured the prime day price for me, a week later once it was back in Amazon's stock.
So between the product and Amazons level of customer care, a 5 star review is well deserved! The only area of concern is price, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better quality USB mic.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse