Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 1, 2011
I bought this machine from Amazon about a year ago and have to say my research paid off. I thoroughly researched these machines on the web before purchasing and have to say the Sunbeam was not a disappointment.

I bake pretty much a loaf a week for a household of two and enjoy trying new recipes. I can bake a two lb. white loaf for under a dollar using ingredients bought at the bulk barn including high gluten flour and yeast.

I also use the machine as a mixer and rising incubator for shaping other items like baguettes, dinner rolls, rye bread, cinnamon rolls and the best pizzas you ever tasted :)

For the most part I do pretty much all the items on the number 1 program and use a standard kitchen timer to let me know when the second kneading and rising are complete.

The machine has proven itself reliable and effortless to use and I would not hesitate to buy another should this machine ever break down.

For me it's definitely a 5 star product.

If you are tired of spending an arm and a leg on crappy store bought bread this machine is a must have item...
on May 30, 2011
This is only my 2nd bread machine...and simply put, it does the job. I picked mine up especially Amazon had it on sale for $59.99 for awhile.

Great starter machine for people (like me) who don't bake bread much at home...but are interested in starting.

As mentioned in another person's review, one of the only real "cons" is that there isn't a notification/beep to signal when the last knead/mix is as to remove the mixing blade. What that does is it creates a hole in the botton of the baked bread, which is still kind'a funny even after a dozen loaves!!!

Anyways, very simple to use...and cleans up very easily. I'd give it a 4+ out of 5 rating...
on February 14, 2010
I am an experienced bread baker - both by hand and by machine - and I bake bread three to four times a week. The Sunbeam 5891 is my third bread machine and I am quite happy with it so far - but I've only had it for about a month. My first bread machine was a Black and Decker which worked quite well for about 5 years. Then I purchased a Cuisinart. The first one had to be returned to the store because the pan did not fit securely in the machine. The replacement made delicious bread (especially the crust) but the machine started to fall apart after only 4 months(the plastic on the lid was decomposing and breaking off) and it is very difficult to get it fixed because the warrantee forces you to send it far away for service (the customer pays the postage!) After managing a year with a machine that became progressively more broken, I decided instead to invest in a new bread machine - which is the Sunbeam. The bread it makes is just as good as the Cuisinart. The directions in the booklet are clear. It is a much quieter machine than either of my previous ones. The only drawback is that I would like it to have an alert when the last punchdown is finished so that I could remove the paddle before the last rising and the baking (this is one feature of the Cuisinart that I miss). I cannot speak about the longevity of this machine, but so far it is a pleasure to use, and much less expensive than the Cuisinart. Black and Decker machines have evidently deteriorated in quality since the first one I bought, so I didn't consider buying one this time.

Whether you are just a casual baker (a few times per month or less) or you bake all your own bread like I do, this machine would be a good choice.

on December 21, 2012
I have used many bread machines and until this one, the Breadman machine was the best. This one exceeds the Breadman by a wide margin. I think it is the way they designed the paddle, because it mixes the dough better than any other machine I have had. Every loaf is consistently the same size, texture and taste. By the way this is my second Sunbeam 5891-33. My first one died from constant use,(I had it in use practically every day) but it lasted longer than any three other machines I have ever had and in the process made much better bread.

This machine gave me such good consistent results that I began experimenting more and more with different recipes, resulting in a much higher appreciation for the machine.

A very convenient and appreciated feature too, is that the paddle never stays in the bread when you take the loaf out of the pan.
on April 24, 2013
This is not my first bread machine. I have owned them since the 1980s. It was purchased because I didn't want to take my expensive, two paddle machine with me to my second home. The price made me wary. Thought it was too inexpensive but the positive reviews on Amazon encouraged me to take a chance. What a discovery!!! The machine is better than my other one. The reviewers were absolutely right. The only drawback between the two machines is the loaf size. My other machine can make a three pound loaf. This one is smaller....1.5 or 2 pounds. But that is perfect for my current needs. If I needed to make the larger loaf, would definitely advise going to a two-paddle machine. Otherwise, this unit is a great value.
on May 16, 2011
I really like this breadmaker, I only use the dough setting and then knead the dough, put in loaf pan to rise then bake. It couldn't be easier. Ellen
on December 16, 2012
We have had this breadmaker for about 6 months after wearing out 2 other brands - we make about 3 loaves a week with this unit and have never had a failure - We had many failures with the other brands - usually involving the stirring mechanism - the Sunbeam has a locking stirrer which I believe is its secret to success - for the money I would say it is very good value.
on January 10, 2013
I just purchased this as my first breadmaker so I have nothing to compare it to but so far im happy with my purchase. My first loaf turned out great, no complaints. Easy to use. I have only made the basic whole wheat bread so far. I look forward to trying more recioes.
on February 3, 2014
I had to return this bread maker because twice it did not mix the ingredients.

My bottom-of-the-line bread maker gave up after 9 years so I was delighted to find this Sunbeam available on with excellent reviews at the awesome price of $50 in December 2013. The first couple of loaves and a batch of dough were consistent with what I'd grown to expect with my old machine. I usually program the machine so that we can wake up to fresh bread. One morning I came down to the ingredients cooked solid in the base of the pan - they had not mixed. The kneading blade was in place and the machine had obviously gone through the cooking part of the cycle because it was hot. I put this first bad experience down to the possibility the pan was not fully clicked into place. Thereafter I was very careful to ensure the kneading blade was in place, able to move on its spindle and that the pan was clicked into position. About 5 loaves later, in January 2014, the same thing happened - another wasted batch of not only flour, etc. but also of more expensive seeds and grains.

Not realizing how easy the return process is with Amazon, I initially phoned Sunbeam. They gave the address of two stores they said would replace the machine for me. When I phoned both those stores, the process was not that simple - I would have to wait about six weeks to receive a replacement. I phoned Sunbeam again and the U.S. customer service was unhelpful and surly. Then I realized I could return the product to Amazon. The process was so easy and the shipping at no cost to me, I was greatly encouraged to buy from Amazon in the future. The downside was that I had to pay for a taxi to the post office because the machine was so cumbersome.

I didn't want to risk another faulty machine with all the expense and hassle involved, so I did a lot of research to choose a replacement. I've ordered a Panasonic at four times the price! I probably could have found it a bit cheaper elsewhere but my experience with the Amazon return system was so positive, I wanted to stay with Amazon.
on December 7, 2010
This bread machine is just great. I got it to replace my old one as the old one didn't make good whole wheat bread. This one makes excellent whole wheat bread. I've made different types of rye, white and whole wheat bread (from 250 Best Canadian Bread Machine Baking Recipes), as well as the french loaf from the included recipe book. They all slide out really easily since the pan has a teflon coating on it. I've even made the jam recipe in the included book (which didn't stick but just poured out).

The dials are all really easy to use. They only thing that I don't like is that when you use the delay feature and then change the loaf size, it resets and you have to reset the delay. However, once you know this, it's really easy to work around. Also, there is a very large display window on the top so that you can check on your bread easily while it's being made.

Who can beat the price? I'd recommend this machine to anyone.