4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product at reasonable price
Published on Feb. 14 2010 by LemonAde

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to return it!
I had to return this bread maker because twice it did not mix the ingredients.

My bottom-of-the-line bread maker gave up after 9 years so I was delighted to find this Sunbeam available on amazon.ca with excellent reviews at the awesome price of $50 in December 2013. The first couple of loaves and a batch of dough were consistent with what I'd grown to expect...
Published 7 months ago by Lydia Toronto

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product at reasonable price, Feb. 14 2010
LemonAde (Montreal Quebec) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
I am an experienced bread baker - both by hand and by machine - and I bake bread three to four times a week. The Sunbeam 5891 is my third bread machine and I am quite happy with it so far - but I've only had it for about a month. My first bread machine was a Black and Decker which worked quite well for about 5 years. Then I purchased a Cuisinart. The first one had to be returned to the store because the pan did not fit securely in the machine. The replacement made delicious bread (especially the crust) but the machine started to fall apart after only 4 months(the plastic on the lid was decomposing and breaking off) and it is very difficult to get it fixed because the warrantee forces you to send it far away for service (the customer pays the postage!) After managing a year with a machine that became progressively more broken, I decided instead to invest in a new bread machine - which is the Sunbeam. The bread it makes is just as good as the Cuisinart. The directions in the booklet are clear. It is a much quieter machine than either of my previous ones. The only drawback is that I would like it to have an alert when the last punchdown is finished so that I could remove the paddle before the last rising and the baking (this is one feature of the Cuisinart that I miss). I cannot speak about the longevity of this machine, but so far it is a pleasure to use, and much less expensive than the Cuisinart. Black and Decker machines have evidently deteriorated in quality since the first one I bought, so I didn't consider buying one this time.

Whether you are just a casual baker (a few times per month or less) or you bake all your own bread like I do, this machine would be a good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terriffic value for the money, Oct. 1 2011
Gary G - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
I bought this machine from Amazon about a year ago and have to say my research paid off. I thoroughly researched these machines on the web before purchasing and have to say the Sunbeam was not a disappointment.

I bake pretty much a loaf a week for a household of two and enjoy trying new recipes. I can bake a two lb. white loaf for under a dollar using ingredients bought at the bulk barn including high gluten flour and yeast.

I also use the machine as a mixer and rising incubator for shaping other items like baguettes, dinner rolls, rye bread, cinnamon rolls and the best pizzas you ever tasted :)

For the most part I do pretty much all the items on the number 1 program and use a standard kitchen timer to let me know when the second kneading and rising are complete.

The machine has proven itself reliable and effortless to use and I would not hesitate to buy another should this machine ever break down.

For me it's definitely a 5 star product.

If you are tired of spending an arm and a leg on crappy store bought bread this machine is a must have item...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great machine and affordable., May 16 2011
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
I really like this breadmaker, I only use the dough setting and then knead the dough, put in loaf pan to rise then bake. It couldn't be easier. Ellen

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm having a lot of fun with it!, Aug. 7 2013
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
I have made such delicious, healthy and easy recipes with this breadmaker. It is so simple. It takes minutes to prepare. Store bought bread contains a lot of garbage, so this is a great alternative. You can also make a yummy dessert in minutes by making a sweet bread. I've used it 5 times already and I've only had it a week. So far no flops!! It is easy to clean, which is very important for me. When things are hard to clean I tend to not use them, but this is not the case with this machine. It was a great price. The recipes that are in the user's manual are not very good. Many recipes call for ingredients like milk powder...it isn't an ingredient many would have handy. I have found many great recipes online, so I'm not too disappointed about it. My hope is that it will last for years to come. I say it's a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super simple bread machine...can't mess this one up!, May 30 2011
Carson L. Tsang (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
This is only my 2nd bread machine...and simply put, it does the job. I picked mine up especially cheap...as Amazon had it on sale for $59.99 for awhile.

Great starter machine for people (like me) who don't bake bread much at home...but are interested in starting.

As mentioned in another person's review, one of the only real "cons" is that there isn't a notification/beep to signal when the last knead/mix is complete...so as to remove the mixing blade. What that does is it creates a hole in the botton of the baked bread, which is still kind'a funny even after a dozen loaves!!!

Anyways, very simple to use...and cleans up very easily. I'd give it a 4+ out of 5 rating...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, Dec 7 2010
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
This bread machine is just great. I got it to replace my old one as the old one didn't make good whole wheat bread. This one makes excellent whole wheat bread. I've made different types of rye, white and whole wheat bread (from 250 Best Canadian Bread Machine Baking Recipes), as well as the french loaf from the included recipe book. They all slide out really easily since the pan has a teflon coating on it. I've even made the jam recipe in the included book (which didn't stick but just poured out).

The dials are all really easy to use. They only thing that I don't like is that when you use the delay feature and then change the loaf size, it resets and you have to reset the delay. However, once you know this, it's really easy to work around. Also, there is a very large display window on the top so that you can check on your bread easily while it's being made.

Who can beat the price? I'd recommend this machine to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Bread at a reasonable price, April 15 2011
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
I purchased this machine after many years of using a B & D bread maker. It is easy to use, makes good basic bread, and came at a reasonable price. The machine is a little bigger so not suitable to sit on the counter, but overall a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Breadmaker!, April 17 2011
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
This is a great product. I am not a breadmaker by nature. I wanted a bread machine to make fresh loaves when I was going to serve soups or stews without having to remember to get to the store. I am now doing a fruit or chocolate loaves on the weekends for a treat. I did alot of research before buying this particular breadmaker. Yes, it does not come with alot of bread recipes but that is easily fixed by buying a bread recipe book. I got "300 Best Canadian Bread Machine Recipes", I bought the book the same time as the breadmaker to avoid any disappointment. I have had my machine for over a month now. I make approx. 1 to 2 loaves a week. Last Sunday I made 3 in a row...still going strong. Price point is very good but is was also the online reviews that sold me on the product. Over 1600 reviews and less then 100 were negative and some not justified. Other machines only comes out 50/50 on their reviews or are very expensive. Cleaning is easy. Yes the paddle is removable, once in awhile it does get stuck in the loaf, but just carefully cut it out (so you don't scratch it), no big deal. You must be very careful about the ingredients, the order you put them in and measurements, do not make adjustments and make sure your ingredients are fresh (especially the yeast),and read any tips that are in the receipe. Do not use anything sharp to avoid scratches to the pan or paddle. If anything goes wrong with my machine, then I will call the customer service and get it fixed...then continue cooking. Well I am off to enjoy a loaf of Cranberry Orange Bread with a cup of coffee. Ta Ta for now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed so far, Jan. 10 2013
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
I just purchased this as my first breadmaker so I have nothing to compare it to but so far im happy with my purchase. My first loaf turned out great, no complaints. Easy to use. I have only made the basic whole wheat bread so far. I look forward to trying more recioes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bread Machine on the Market, Dec 21 2012
This review is from: Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White (Kitchen)
I have used many bread machines and until this one, the Breadman machine was the best. This one exceeds the Breadman by a wide margin. I think it is the way they designed the paddle, because it mixes the dough better than any other machine I have had. Every loaf is consistently the same size, texture and taste. By the way this is my second Sunbeam 5891-33. My first one died from constant use,(I had it in use practically every day) but it lasted longer than any three other machines I have ever had and in the process made much better bread.

This machine gave me such good consistent results that I began experimenting more and more with different recipes, resulting in a much higher appreciation for the machine.

A very convenient and appreciated feature too, is that the paddle never stays in the bread when you take the loaf out of the pan.

Sunbeam 5891-33 2-Pounds Breadmaker, White