biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on May 30, 2011
This is only my 2nd bread machine...and simply put, it does the job. I picked mine up especially cheap...as Amazon had it on sale for $59.99 for awhile.

Great starter machine for people (like me) who don't bake bread much at home...but are interested in starting.

As mentioned in another person's review, one of the only real "cons" is that there isn't a notification/beep to signal when the last knead/mix is complete...so as to remove the mixing blade. What that does is it creates a hole in the botton of the baked bread, which is still kind'a funny even after a dozen loaves!!!

Anyways, very simple to use...and cleans up very easily. I'd give it a 4+ out of 5 rating...
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2010
I am an experienced bread baker - both by hand and by machine - and I bake bread three to four times a week. The Sunbeam 5891 is my third bread machine and I am quite happy with it so far - but I've only had it for about a month. My first bread machine was a Black and Decker which worked quite well for about 5 years. Then I purchased a Cuisinart. The first one had to be returned to the store because the pan did not fit securely in the machine. The replacement made delicious bread (especially the crust) but the machine started to fall apart after only 4 months(the plastic on the lid was decomposing and breaking off) and it is very difficult to get it fixed because the warrantee forces you to send it far away for service (the customer pays the postage!) After managing a year with a machine that became progressively more broken, I decided instead to invest in a new bread machine - which is the Sunbeam. The bread it makes is just as good as the Cuisinart. The directions in the booklet are clear. It is a much quieter machine than either of my previous ones. The only drawback is that I would like it to have an alert when the last punchdown is finished so that I could remove the paddle before the last rising and the baking (this is one feature of the Cuisinart that I miss). I cannot speak about the longevity of this machine, but so far it is a pleasure to use, and much less expensive than the Cuisinart. Black and Decker machines have evidently deteriorated in quality since the first one I bought, so I didn't consider buying one this time.

Whether you are just a casual baker (a few times per month or less) or you bake all your own bread like I do, this machine would be a good choice.

0Comment123 of 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
I have used many bread machines and until this one, the Breadman machine was the best. This one exceeds the Breadman by a wide margin. I think it is the way they designed the paddle, because it mixes the dough better than any other machine I have had. Every loaf is consistently the same size, texture and taste. By the way this is my second Sunbeam 5891-33. My first one died from constant use,(I had it in use practically every day) but it lasted longer than any three other machines I have ever had and in the process made much better bread.

This machine gave me such good consistent results that I began experimenting more and more with different recipes, resulting in a much higher appreciation for the machine.

A very convenient and appreciated feature too, is that the paddle never stays in the bread when you take the loaf out of the pan.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 1, 2011
I bought this machine from Amazon about a year ago and have to say my research paid off. I thoroughly researched these machines on the web before purchasing and have to say the Sunbeam was not a disappointment.

I bake pretty much a loaf a week for a household of two and enjoy trying new recipes. I can bake a two lb. white loaf for under a dollar using ingredients bought at the bulk barn including high gluten flour and yeast.

I also use the machine as a mixer and rising incubator for shaping other items like baguettes, dinner rolls, rye bread, cinnamon rolls and the best pizzas you ever tasted :)

For the most part I do pretty much all the items on the number 1 program and use a standard kitchen timer to let me know when the second kneading and rising are complete.

The machine has proven itself reliable and effortless to use and I would not hesitate to buy another should this machine ever break down.

For me it's definitely a 5 star product.

If you are tired of spending an arm and a leg on crappy store bought bread this machine is a must have item...
11 comment83 of 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2011
I really like this breadmaker, I only use the dough setting and then knead the dough, put in loaf pan to rise then bake. It couldn't be easier. Ellen
0Comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2013
I just purchased this as my first breadmaker so I have nothing to compare it to but so far im happy with my purchase. My first loaf turned out great, no complaints. Easy to use. I have only made the basic whole wheat bread so far. I look forward to trying more recioes.
on December 7, 2010
This bread machine is just great. I got it to replace my old one as the old one didn't make good whole wheat bread. This one makes excellent whole wheat bread. I've made different types of rye, white and whole wheat bread (from 250 Best Canadian Bread Machine Baking Recipes), as well as the french loaf from the included recipe book. They all slide out really easily since the pan has a teflon coating on it. I've even made the jam recipe in the included book (which didn't stick but just poured out).

The dials are all really easy to use. They only thing that I don't like is that when you use the delay feature and then change the loaf size, it resets and you have to reset the delay. However, once you know this, it's really easy to work around. Also, there is a very large display window on the top so that you can check on your bread easily while it's being made.

Who can beat the price? I'd recommend this machine to anyone.
0Comment32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2013
I have made such delicious, healthy and easy recipes with this breadmaker. It is so simple. It takes minutes to prepare. Store bought bread contains a lot of garbage, so this is a great alternative. You can also make a yummy dessert in minutes by making a sweet bread. I've used it 5 times already and I've only had it a week. So far no flops!! It is easy to clean, which is very important for me. When things are hard to clean I tend to not use them, but this is not the case with this machine. It was a great price. The recipes that are in the user's manual are not very good. Many recipes call for ingredients like milk powder...it isn't an ingredient many would have handy. I have found many great recipes online, so I'm not too disappointed about it. My hope is that it will last for years to come. I say it's a good buy.
on July 10, 2014
This is an excellent, reliable machine at a great price--exactly what I needed. As a mother of four kids, I use my bread machines several times a week, and this is the best machine I've owned since I bought my first bread machine, a Mr. Loaf from Japan, 23 years ago. After trying more expensive machines with various bells and whistles, I went looking for a simple machine with good ratings because I found that the extra features were slowing the process or resulting in worse products. This has most of the cycles I like to use and handles whole wheat and multigrain with no difficulty at all. Its time for a basic loaf (not speed bake, which I never use) is the shortest (1 hr. 30 min for dough and 3 hr. 30 min for finished loaf I think) I've found since my Mr. Loaf (2 hrs 20 min, but it was a small loaf and did badly with whole wheat) because it doesn't preheat the ingredients. This matters to me if I have to do more than one batch of dough, which I often do. It bakes a better loaf that the other types too, even in my cold house, so the lack of preheating doesn't seem to matter. After trying machines with horizontal pans, I wanted an upright square or round pan with a single paddle, since too often with the long horizontal loaf pans the dough isn't mixed properly, the loaf comes out crooked, and the crust isn't as good. I like the crisp crust you get with vertical square pans, and find this one makes a good, if large sandwich bread, although I mostly just use the dough cycle and bake bread in the oven. The mixing is excellent too. I like to throw roughly chopped garlic cloves and black olives or sun-dried tomatoes into the mix--they end up nicely chopped and mixed throughout.

If you are someone who does gluten-free baking or other things that require a programmable machine, then this probably isn't the machine for you. For ordinary recipes, though, the programmed cycles work well and I've had very few failures with this machine. When I need to start and stop or add things at odd times, I use my kitchen timer. I haven't missed the special crust settings or other features at all. The loaves always look good, and this is simple, fast and uncomplicated to use.

One comment: Although this is supposedly a 2 lb machine, I find that it usually only fits a 1.5 lb recipe well. I've had the same issue with other machines too, though.
on January 17, 2014
My husband and I make all our own bread using this machine. With constant weekly use, the first one lasted about 8 years. Easy to use. When it needed replacing, we purchased the same model.