Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on December 18, 2011
I thought this would be perfect for my outdoor job all winter long in Winnipeg. I have only used this in -18 degrees Celsius and I think I have already passed its limits. The fleece isn't very thick so I had to put another toque on just to take the chill away. As far as I can tell the air intake adjustor is just for show. Even the smallest amount of wind goes through the rubber mouth piece and makes it feel like you are wearing nothing at all.

The face mask has to be extremely tight and my safety goggles have to be even tighter to create a good seal around my nose. Standing around was fine but once I started to move and work my goggles fogged up instantly and I couldn't see. In order to get a good seal you need the foam nose piece, and the glue is not going to last.

This mask looks very intense so you get a lot of comments from people. I wouldn't mind if it did the job that it claims it can do. But, when it isn't even better than a cheap toque and neck warmer I feel like a fool for wearing it.

You might have a different result if you don't need to wear glasses/goggles all the time. But if you do, this product won't be much help.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 29, 2013
Tested this snowshoeing in Northern Saskatchewan in -25 Celsius with -35 windchill factor.

1) Its WARM around mouth and ears. Even when walking towards a -35 celcius wind. The face mask attachment conveniently stretches to provide an extra layer of fleece over your ears.

2) The air you breath in is also very warm.

3) The fleece is relatively good quality.

4) A positive small step in the direction of improving balaclava technology.

1) The fit. The toque portion doesn't cover your whole forehead so you need to wear another toque over it (this ends up interfering with velcro for mask).

2) Inside the ventilator its soaking wet after only an hour of use. This makes for extreme discomfort and a general gross feeling.

3) The chin cover of the face mask gets pulled up and eventually blocks the ventilation, very annoying as you have to constantly be pulling it back down and readjusting it.

4) Unless you have goggles on the ventilator will push up into your eyes, impeding your ability to look downwards at times.

5) The cheap nose foam they give you to stick onto the ventilator is just made cheap and won't last. You only get one of these 10 cent devices so be nice to it!! They could have at least thrown a few of these in there, I mean seriously.

6) Feels like you're wearing a gas mask, overall its just really intrusive.

7) Defective stitching around the chin is a constant annoyance and just looks bad.

0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse