Top critical review
9 of 9 people found this helpful
Has potential but needs work
on December 29, 2013
Tested this snowshoeing in Northern Saskatchewan in -25 Celsius with -35 windchill factor.
1) Its WARM around mouth and ears. Even when walking towards a -35 celcius wind. The face mask attachment conveniently stretches to provide an extra layer of fleece over your ears.
2) The air you breath in is also very warm.
3) The fleece is relatively good quality.
4) A positive small step in the direction of improving balaclava technology.
1) The fit. The toque portion doesn't cover your whole forehead so you need to wear another toque over it (this ends up interfering with velcro for mask).
2) Inside the ventilator its soaking wet after only an hour of use. This makes for extreme discomfort and a general gross feeling.
3) The chin cover of the face mask gets pulled up and eventually blocks the ventilation, very annoying as you have to constantly be pulling it back down and readjusting it.
4) Unless you have goggles on the ventilator will push up into your eyes, impeding your ability to look downwards at times.
5) The cheap nose foam they give you to stick onto the ventilator is just made cheap and won't last. You only get one of these 10 cent devices so be nice to it!! They could have at least thrown a few of these in there, I mean seriously.
6) Feels like you're wearing a gas mask, overall its just really intrusive.
7) Defective stitching around the chin is a constant annoyance and just looks bad.
*DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!!