summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools

on November 5, 2013
This cordless saw replaced a Mastercraft cordless saw we had purchased 10 years ago from Canadian Tire. When the batteries failed in that saw, we tried to purchase new batteries but they were no longer manufactured and we would have had to purchase a new brand new saw. When the saw itself was perfectly good, this goes against my environmental/recycling philosophy. Checked on line and this saw was available from Amazon.ca at an incredible price, even less expensive than Amazon.com in the States. DeWalt batteries fit all their products as we have several and they are interchangeable and when different models are introduced, older batteries will still fit, enabling the product to be used until the product itself is kaput rather than the batteries. DeWalt builds quality and have never had a problem with them. Athough they can be more expensive if not purchased on sale or as "specials" they are definitely worth the extra outlay. Very satisfied with this product. Would buy again but probably will not have to for a very, very long time.
on April 14, 2013
I researched a bit before buying this. Most complaints seem to be the saw isn't tough enough or the battery doesn't last. I have no problems with either. You have to let the saw cut for you and not force it. And battery life is surprisingly efficient. Of course this doesn't replace a corded saw. But I've had zero issues cutting chip board, plywood, 2x3, 2x4 even cement board. Great tool. I picked up two xrp batteries for 90 bucks after so I wasn't sharing batteries with my drill. Very satisfied.
on January 23, 2015
Purchased to make cuts in 2x4s in an area where I would have a hard time running a corded tool and it does the trick. It takes some time compared to a corded tool but I never felt like i was lacking the proper tool for the job. It will spend most of it's life cutting sheet goods which it does very well. The on board storage for the hex key for changing the blades is a nice touch.
on July 17, 2013
I went from using a full size corded Skill Saw to this little fella'. No regrets! I love the portability, the ease of use, and the weight. It comes with one good blade. I haven't used it on any major projects yet, but for small jobs, it has been a fantastic addition to my tool collection. Delivery was super fast. The only down side, the battery (not included) does seem to lose power relatively quickly, so be sure to purchase at least two.

I would recommend for weekend jobs, women who may be afraid of using a full size saw, and for jobs that require you to manoeuvre easily.
on July 13, 2014
Great little saw, works good. Replacement blades are expensive especially fine toothed ones. Am very happy with DeWalt Tools in general and the battery ones in particular.
on August 14, 2013
THIS TOOL IS VERY USEFUL. I'VE USED IT FOR CUTTING UP OLD 2X4'S FOR FIREWOOD. I MADE ATLEAST 50 CUTS AND THE BATTERY STILL HAD LIFE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS ALL THE TIME BUT IT WAS MORE CONVENIENT THAN AN ELECTRIC ONE. THE MOTOR IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO HANDLE MOST JOBS AND THE TOOL ITSELF HAS A GOOD WEIGHT AND EASY TO USE. VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE AND IT WAS ATLEAST $25 CHEAPER THAN LOCAL HARDWARE STORE "SALE PRICE".
on February 14, 2014
I'm a Dewalt fan. Love how handy with no cords in the way and powerful enough to do anything around the house. Definitely recommend.
on March 12, 2014
You can t go wrong with Dewalt surprising power for a baterry tool and quite a sufficient charge to use a good part of the day
on June 14, 2015
Seems to work pretty good. Using it as a serious tool as I am a contractor. Slows down a bit with heavy cutting - don't push it too hard or you will wear out the battery too soon. Down side is DeWalt is the only Mfg of the 6 1/2" blades, so you have to buy their blades at their price. No cheap blades here so use your hard wired 7 1/2" circular when possible.
on October 19, 2013
I like everything about the saw, power, capacity, handling but the saw blade guard is plastic. This means to protect it from warping over time or breaking the saw is best placed down on its left side, a bit ackward but tolerable. Buy it if it fits your needs but beware of that one flaw.