5.0 out of 5 stars DeWalt is known for quality products
Published 21 months ago by hezzie

3.0 out of 5 stars These things I find are always under powered but in this case it does a not bad job. It can't replace a plugin circular saw ...
Its bigger than you expect. These things I find are always under powered but in this case it does a not bad job. It can't replace a plugin circular saw and its no construction site replacement but its great for trimming up sheet goods here and there and smaller jobs. Although I likely wouldn't buy
Published 1 month ago by scotto

5.0 out of 5 stars DeWalt is known for quality products, Nov. 5 2013
hezzie "horse lover" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DEWALT DC390B Bare-Tool 6-1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Circular Saw, Tool Only, No Battery (Tools & Hardware)
This cordless saw replaced a Mastercraft cordless saw we had purchased 10 years ago from Canadian Tire. When the batteries failed in that saw, we tried to purchase new batteries but they were no longer manufactured and we would have had to purchase a new brand new saw. When the saw itself was perfectly good, this goes against my environmental/recycling philosophy. Checked on line and this saw was available from Amazon.ca at an incredible price, even less expensive than Amazon.com in the States. DeWalt batteries fit all their products as we have several and they are interchangeable and when different models are introduced, older batteries will still fit, enabling the product to be used until the product itself is kaput rather than the batteries. DeWalt builds quality and have never had a problem with them. Athough they can be more expensive if not purchased on sale or as "specials" they are definitely worth the extra outlay. Very satisfied with this product. Would buy again but probably will not have to for a very, very long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable saw, April 14 2013
I researched a bit before buying this. Most complaints seem to be the saw isn't tough enough or the battery doesn't last. I have no problems with either. You have to let the saw cut for you and not force it. And battery life is surprisingly efficient. Of course this doesn't replace a corded saw. But I've had zero issues cutting chip board, plywood, 2x3, 2x4 even cement board. Great tool. I picked up two xrp batteries for 90 bucks after so I wasn't sharing batteries with my drill. Very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars DeWalt 6 1/2 circ saw, Jan. 19 2014
Richard Martin (GRAND PORTAGE, MN, US) - See all my reviews
I used a friends saw once, and immediately went and ordered my own. I still smile every time I use it.
Crosscut and rips are done with ease, but the xrp batteries are a must. It is incredible how long the duty cycle is on these batteries. I have an almost new 110 volt circular saw that seldom gets used anymore. The blade that comes with it, is first class, and I have yet to change it,or get it sharpened.
I would buy this product again. This is my first 5 star review.
Rm

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have tool, Jan. 15 2014
This saw is very useful. Most times i reach for it instead of my corded dewalt. With a good blade and good batteries no trouble to cut 2 by material. This saw obviously has its limits but is great to have on site. great for up on scaffolding... no cords to trip up in. With a good blade and accurate cutting ie: no binding, the battery life is very adequate, its obviously battery operated so it dosen't run forever but last long enough that it dosen't feel like your replacing batts too often. One thing that does bug me is that some times the guard doesn't slide up on skim cuts but not too often enough to be a problem. Over all a fantastic tool. must have around the job site.

4.0 out of 5 stars It takes some time compared to a corded tool but I never felt like i was lacking the proper tool for the job, Jan. 23 2015
Purchased to make cuts in 2x4s in an area where I would have a hard time running a corded tool and it does the trick. It takes some time compared to a corded tool but I never felt like i was lacking the proper tool for the job. It will spend most of it's life cutting sheet goods which it does very well. The on board storage for the hex key for changing the blades is a nice touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little saw!, July 17 2013
I went from using a full size corded Skill Saw to this little fella'. No regrets! I love the portability, the ease of use, and the weight. It comes with one good blade. I haven't used it on any major projects yet, but for small jobs, it has been a fantastic addition to my tool collection. Delivery was super fast. The only down side, the battery (not included) does seem to lose power relatively quickly, so be sure to purchase at least two.

I would recommend for weekend jobs, women who may be afraid of using a full size saw, and for jobs that require you to manoeuvre easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little saw, July 13 2014
Great little saw, works good. Replacement blades are expensive especially fine toothed ones. Am very happy with DeWalt Tools in general and the battery ones in particular.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TOOL TO HAVE!!!, Aug. 14 2013
THIS TOOL IS VERY USEFUL. I'VE USED IT FOR CUTTING UP OLD 2X4'S FOR FIREWOOD. I MADE ATLEAST 50 CUTS AND THE BATTERY STILL HAD LIFE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS ALL THE TIME BUT IT WAS MORE CONVENIENT THAN AN ELECTRIC ONE. THE MOTOR IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO HANDLE MOST JOBS AND THE TOOL ITSELF HAS A GOOD WEIGHT AND EASY TO USE. VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE AND IT WAS ATLEAST $25 CHEAPER THAN LOCAL HARDWARE STORE "SALE PRICE".

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tool, Feb. 14 2014
I'm a Dewalt fan. Love how handy with no cords in the way and powerful enough to do anything around the house. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brand you can trust, March 12 2014
You can t go wrong with Dewalt surprising power for a baterry tool and quite a sufficient charge to use a good part of the day