5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular for the price
When this came in cheaper than a canon sync cable, I took a chance. It was a good gamble.

You need to know that you will be running your flashes in manual mode. ETTL would be nice, but we have to pay much more for that. These have not failed me yet. I am an advanced hobbyist photographer.
Published 9 months ago by iRick

2.0 out of 5 stars Great but overheated
I was loving this set, used it with a strobe light kit. Last weekend, I was shooting a wedding booth and the trigger overheated and ceased to work.
Published on Sept. 26 2012 by Burnsie

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular for the price, March 18 2014
This review is from: CowboyStudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver (Camera)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bon produit pour le prix., Sept. 28 2014
Beau bon pas cher. Fonctionne généralement bien et facile à utiliser. La seule difficulté que j'ai rencontré est que parfois il ne déclenche pas mon flash. Lorsque ça arrive, je prends immédiatement une nouvelle photo et ça fonctionne.

4.0 out of 5 stars came on the date expected, no problems with shipping ..., Dec 6 2014
came on the date expected, no problems with shipping or anything. if your flash isn't going off, try inserting the flash into the hot shoe the other way that may be the problem. had it for a few months and had no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Works extremely well, May 16 2014
I've bought quite a few things from CowboyStudio and haven't been disappointed yet.
I wasn't sure about the wireless flash trigger when I ordered it but thought, why not give it a try. Once again I wasn't disappointed. It works really well and is so very easy to use, it's idiot proof.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, May 29 2013
Just received these and tried them out. Works as advertised. One thing I tried was to attach it to my flash and then mount it to the side attachment on an L bracket so the flash was at 90 degrees. While it held OK I did feel a bit iffy like it might break if I shook it around too much. This may be due to the plastic foot on the receiver unit. Aside from that it worked very well. The receiver takes two AA batteries (not included). The transmitter comes with a mini 12v battery already installed. Looks like you will need a screwdriver to open the case if you need to replace it. I have not tried the range yet but there are other reviews and demos on youtube that you can check out. I originally looked into using a cable to trigger my off camera flash but the cable cost as much as this flash trigger and the wireless trigger has a lot more flexibility and range.

Overall I definitely recommend this product.

Pros:
- good price
- works well
- transmitter comes with battery
- has an additional screw hole in the bottom of the module (metal threads) for mounting on a tripod

Cons:
- no TTL (not really a big deal for me though)
- the plastic foot feels a bit iffy if your flash is mounted at an odd angle (hence the 4 stars).
- batteries not included for the receiver (I wonder how difficult it is to get a replacement battery for the trigger module?)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Jan. 16 2013
These work as well as every other review I watched or read before buying them.Most times there gonna fire, sometimes there not. Bang for the buck, Im happy with them

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Dec 30 2012
the item arrived promplty and is just as described. It appears to work properly. I would recommend this to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Dec 24 2012
I haven't put it through the hoops, but it works great as far as now (using it only for a week.)

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Very easy to setup
- Works as described (see the demo videos in the cowboy studio website.)

Cons:
- Fully manual (no TTL) -- that's why it is inexpensive.
- Design of the battery door on the slave is bad (keeps on slipping from my hand.)

Don't worry about manual mode. With digital cameras with LCD display to check your shots, you can set the correct exposure with a few trial and errors.

4.0 out of 5 stars works great with my pentax k5, Dec 22 2012
had a limited amount of use so far but it works every time and no glitches. I would definitely recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Great but overheated, Sept. 26 2012