Top positive review
Does what it says
on May 29, 2013
Just received these and tried them out. Works as advertised. One thing I tried was to attach it to my flash and then mount it to the side attachment on an L bracket so the flash was at 90 degrees. While it held OK I did feel a bit iffy like it might break if I shook it around too much. This may be due to the plastic foot on the receiver unit. Aside from that it worked very well. The receiver takes two AA batteries (not included). The transmitter comes with a mini 12v battery already installed. Looks like you will need a screwdriver to open the case if you need to replace it. I have not tried the range yet but there are other reviews and demos on youtube that you can check out. I originally looked into using a cable to trigger my off camera flash but the cable cost as much as this flash trigger and the wireless trigger has a lot more flexibility and range.
Overall I definitely recommend this product.
- good price
- works well
- transmitter comes with battery
- has an additional screw hole in the bottom of the module (metal threads) for mounting on a tripod
- no TTL (not really a big deal for me though)
- the plastic foot feels a bit iffy if your flash is mounted at an odd angle (hence the 4 stars).
- batteries not included for the receiver (I wonder how difficult it is to get a replacement battery for the trigger module?)