4.0 out of 5 stars Good album and beautiful vocals
Published on June 28 2010 by Chantal Marleau

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, not great.
When I first heard Need You Now, I was impressed enough to buy the rest of the album, thinking that many or all of the songs would be of the same caliber. I was sadly mistaken.

Published on March 27 2010 by M & M

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album and beautiful vocals, June 28 2010
Chantal Marleau (Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
"Need You Now" is a good album with tracks that you will definitely want to listen to over and over again. Need You Now and American Honey are two of my favourites. That said, this really is more of a cross-over album than true country. The good thing about that is that I know it will please almost everyone and I don't hesitate to play it when when I have guests over. The vocals are hard to beat and the lyrics are worth listening to. The downside is that I am left with a feeling of sameness between tracks that stops me from truly loving this album.

This album also lacks the true country sound that I love but again, that's to be expected of a country/pop album. I do like this album but since I'm not a great fan of pop music, it simply doesn't move me enough to love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid country-pop album, Aug. 24 2010
Louis (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
Although "Need You Now" is Lady Antebellum's second album, they are just beginning to cross over from the country market into the pop format, thanks to the slick and irresistible title track. The album itself is a good reflection of this transition: pitched halfway between country and adult-contemporary pop, it's a finely tuned collection of romantic songs that will likely appeal to amateurs of both genres. The production is slick, the vocal harmonies are tight and most of the songs are arresting and memorable. Arguably, the band is at its best when it leans more strongly toward country; songs such as "American honey", "Something bout a woman", "If I knew then", "When you got a good thing" and "Perfect day" are among the album's finest moments. They might have to try a little harder to expose themselves as artists in the process, because as enjoyable as they are, some songs sound very generic and could have been done by just about any contemporary country act ("Our kind of love", "Love this pain", "Stars tonight"). However, the band demonstrates the right amount of confidence, commercial appeal and talent to claim a chance at longevity - not to mention an apparently innate sense of melody and hooks. The title track, "American honey" and "Our kind of love" are already certified hits on the country charts, and many other songs have the potential to chart as well ("Stars tonight", "Something bout a woman", "Hello world"). By the time the album concludes on the melodic and emotional midtempo "Ready to love again" (definitely one of the album's brightest moments), you will find yourself wanting to listen to the album over and over again. Ultimately, this album suggests that once this band decides to establish its very own musical identity, there might be no stopping them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, not great., March 27 2010
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)

While there are some good stand out tracks like Hello World, Need You Now, American Honey and Our Kind of Love, I find I just keep listening to those first four tracks and nothing else. The rest is just nice, soothing, etc. but nothing outstanding or to write home about or worth putting on repeat. However, I am satisfied overall with the purchase because Need You Now and some of the others make up for the dreary ones on the album. I won't immediately buy their next album next time because I hope they show some growth and start making every track a killer, not filler.

5.0 out of 5 stars An album of the year candidate, Feb. 1 2010
Richard Martin (Calgary, AB, CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
I have never been so excited to get a cd, and this did not dissapoint. If you liked the first album, you will love this one. There is a good mixture of love, pain, and fun built into the songs. Charles and Hillary have voices to light up the room, and the musical score is just as good. This album is definatly worth buying if you are into country or pop in general, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady A cd great, June 7 2014
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
I loved it the songs that I wanted were there I went to their concert and they sang some of the songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Need You Now, Aug. 23 2013
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
Great album to listen to. Hillary, Dave and Charles are excellent song writers and singers. Great harmonies. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Nov. 15 2014
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
This is a great album. I really like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars No sophomore slump here!, June 14 2010
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
Lady Antebellum have become one of the biggest acts in country music right now and from this fantastic album it's easy to see why!
Need You Know is the follow up to their hugely successful dedut CD and they're getting stronger and stronger.

They begin with their massive Pop Crossover number 1 hit and title track Need You Know and the current hit American Honey which has a nice summer time feel to it.Hillary gets to really show off her strong voice on these two tracks.
There's also lots of other catchy uptempos like Perfect Day,Stars Tonight and Something 'Bout A Woman.But the real stand out song is easily the beautiful Hello World.This has future Song of the Year written all over it!

Produced by Paul Worley (Martina McBride) and Lady Antebellum with writing credits from Lady A also, this is pure polished Pop/Country at it's very best.
Need You Know has already become their most successful album to date so you simply can't go wrong with this gem.

Prime Cuts: Need You Now, American Honey, Hello World, Stars Tonight.

Need You Now
Need You Now by Lady Antebellum (Audio CD - 2010)