5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a 2nd bowl for my KitchenAid mixer
Published on Nov. 29 2011 by JJ

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally useless
I thought it would fit on my KitchenAid KSM150PSWH Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer but in fact, the blade doesn't go far enough on the sides. I used it only once and it was so bad that I transferred everything in the metal bowl that came with my stand mixer and never used it again.
Published 1 month ago by Mélodie Vachon Boucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a 2nd bowl for my KitchenAid mixer, Nov. 29 2011
JJ (Ottawa, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
I use my KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer many times per week and I have frequently wished I had a second bowl to save time when preparing multiple items. Until now, I haven't been able to find one at a reasonable price. This glass measuring cup style bowl is a perfection addition to my mixer setup. It's easy to use and even more versatile than the metal bowl. It fits perfectly and cleans easily. I definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, March 12 2011
Dianne (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
After buying a new Kitchen aid stand mixer, I also purchased the Kitchen aid 5 Quart Glass bowl. It compliments the stand mixer very well and looks great on the counter. Now I have two bowls for my stand mixer and no need to wash out the bowl when making more than one recipe. KitchenAid® 5-Quart Glass Bowl

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish with practical cover., March 16 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
Pros:
I love that this item looks so good on my counter. The glass makes it appear I have more counter space than I do.
I like being able to see how well ingredients have been blended. I like the cover. I can leave the appliance on the counter and not worry about the cleanliness of the bowl. I have read that some find the cover doesn't fit well. Mine fits perfectly.

Cons:
It is quite heavy so you need to get a good grip on it. The pouring shield attachment I have does not fit; the glass rim is too thick.
Since I find the pouring shield more trouble than it is worth this is not a factor for me.

I have used this bowl for several months and am still completely satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bowl, June 18 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
I bought this bowl because I didn't always want to use the stainless-steel one that came with the mixer. The glass bowl feels nice, and it works the same as the steel one. The only reason I rated it 4 instead of 5 is because the pouring shield does not fit the glass bowl correctly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the metal one, Jan. 13 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
It's great, the lid is nice to have too. I like the look of the glass better Han the metal one the mixer came with when its sitting on the counter. One thing though, it is very heavy and you must be careful when you are washing it .

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl, Dec 30 2012
E. Lovell (Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
This fits perfectly on my KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer. The lid is nice and very easy to clean. Also, I highly recommend having this in addition to the metal bowl because having a back up bowl is nice and comes in handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bowl, April 3 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
I really like have a second bowl while one is in the dishwasher. But the real reason is also so I can see what is going on when I make cheesecakes, or other items that need to be well blended. Cover is heavy duty, I haven't figured out yet why it has a big indent in it, perhaps someone will enlighten me on that. Amazon.ca had a a great price, $20.00 cheaper than retail stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glass bowl, April 1 2013
janetbr - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
This glass bowl with the lid, was heavy enough to do and mix what I needed it to do. Even though the lid was loose. It did keep things in place that needed to be refrigerated. The only thing that I would do with this live would be to cut a hole in the top. It would be excellent to use as a guard on this poll. The only problem that I found this is the metal ring at the bottom of the bowl that connects it to the mixer had a tendency to become loose, to rectify this. I put a drop of glue and it's never moved since.

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally useless, July 16 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking mixing bowl, July 13 2014
This review is from: KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl (Kitchen)
I mainly use this bowl now instead of the stainless steel one that came with my mixer. It makes the mixer look better on the counter and I love that I can clearly see if all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. I like that it has measuring lines, very useful. Having a second mixing bowl for the mixer makes life so much easier!

KitchenAid K5GB 5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl