5.0 out of 5 stars free willy
Yes except it was slow coming took about 3 weeks thought it would have been faster but was a wonderful movie
Published 3 months ago by alexis

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his fav
My six year old watched it only once. I know this movie was really popular but I guess he didn't really like it. He loves whales so I thought it would become his fav but it's not.
Published 4 days ago by Suzy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars free willy, April 4 2014
This review is from: Free Willy (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Screw 5 Stars!!! I give it as many stars there are OUT THERE, Jan. 27 2003
10 Years ago, i was only five years old, and should of done what most 5 year olds do. But THIS MOVIE CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER!!!!!! THIS MOVIE CHANGES LIVES!!! I remember the first time i sat down and watched it, and i was HOOKED, it think i watched if 4 or 5 times that day. Now, 1m 15 years old, and yes, i still watch this movie EVERYDAY ( i am not lieing, ask my friends). I haven't changed much. Im pretty sure i know the movie word my word, backwards and forwards, inside and out. So your asking, how did this movie change my life?? Well, i am going to be a marine mammal trainer when i grow up. Right now i am doing everything possible to make my dream come true. I am in the pre-course of marine biology, speech and debate ( for speech skills) and im signing up for scuba diving, PLUS Hundreds of countless hours of orca research. I know all the whales names at all 3 seaworlds, and the orcas at marineland ontario. ALL BECAUSE OF THIS MOVIE. If there is ONE person in this world that this movie effected the most, like emotionally, mentally, and phycologically, its me. You won't find ANYONE else in this world at the age of 15 that watches this movie everyday. So guess whos gunna be standin outside wal-mart at midnight on the 28th of january to buy the 10 anniversary edition! ME! ANd when you people watch this movie, who are you going to think of>>?? The free willy girl on Amazon dot com. ANd who are you gunna see at seaworld in 10 yrs?? The Free willy girl on Amazon dot com, holding the 20th anniversary editon of free willy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his fav, July 21 2014
This review is from: Free Willy (DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars i expected something more,but young kids will probably like it, Nov. 17 2007
i kinda expected something else.what,i'm not sure.i mean the movie is
well made and all,but i found it dangerously close to being boring at
times.it is pretty slow.the scenes with the whale(s)were nice
though.and the there are some pretty touching moments.i didn't find the
movie had a lot of realism to it though.the way some of the things
happened just didn't ring true.but,i guess the biggest problem i had
was there wasn't really much sense of adventure,and the movie isn't
really fun.however,if you are looking for a movie the whole family can
watch,this might be it.most kids will probably be entertained,and
adults will be happy there is something their kids can watch.but for
me,Free Willy is a 2/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family film, April 12 2004
I have this film, its really great for the family,amzing ending too that will shock us, just get this film for the family if u never saw it yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Family Entertainment (Good For The Grownups, Too), March 5 2004
E. Knowles "amazon-queen" (The Amazon) - See all my reviews
Young Jesse -- abandoned by his mother at an early age -- is a troubled kid. His antics keep his social worker and foster family worried and busy. He runs away, begs for spare change, steals food and spray paints graffiti on walls. His foster parents really love and care for him but Jesse resists them, believing that his mother will someday return.
Jesse's life takes a turn for the better when he encounters Willy, a giant orca, at a marine park nearby. Jesse's fascination with the whale leads to an emotional bond based, at least in part, on their similar circumstances. Willy misses his mother and, like Jesse, tends to 'act out' once in a while.
I saw "Free Willy" in 1993 when it was released in theatres. I remembered agreeing with the critics who praised it as great family entertainment and I'm happy to say that the film remains very effective today.
My niece (age 8) was thoroughly entertained by this movie but the younger children in the group were alienated by the somewhat advanced, dramatic themes of abandonment, responsibility and love. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the film immensely.
Over a decade since its release, "Free Willy" holds up quite well. I got "misty" and "choked up" throughout the desperate climactic rescue sequence that gives the movie its name. The opening sequence, during which Willy is captured, is also quite touching.
This is efficient storytelling offering a steady, sustained buildup to a thoroughly satisfying climax.
"Free Willy" also offers believable performances by all members of its small ensemble cast, including Michael Madsen, Michael Ironside, Lori Petty, Jason James Richter (as Jesse) and Keiko (as Willy).

3.0 out of 5 stars If you take it as fantasy..., Jan. 14 2004
S. Carter (America!) - See all my reviews
The odd thing about Free Willy is that it's a film which makes money using a captive animal to do tricks--and it's about the evils of capturing animals to do tricks for money. The film came out at the same time as and with the same mentality of its partner-in-ideology Jurassic Park (using technology to make money by condemning the use of technology to make money).
If you can get over that, it's a beautiful piece of work. The best part is Basil Poledouris' wonderous score, which should have been released on its own without all the clutter of pop songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free Willy is Awesome!, Oct. 13 2003
By A Customer
Free Willy is one of my favorite movies even though I know an orca couldn't be set free immediatly; they would have to go through rehibilitation and learning skills for survival. This great movie really shows how some animals (such as orcas) are mistreated. Even though I like going to places like Seaworld and zoos, I don't like facilties with exhibits that have paint chipping, the tank not being deep enough and bad food quality. I give it five stars for enthusiasm, adventure, reality, and just being my all time favorite movie! This movie is for ALL ages young or old. Keiko, who played Willy in the movie, is now learning to survive in the wild because "Free Willy" so that is why I rate it on the top... wouldn't you?

5.0 out of 5 stars still great after all these years, July 21 2003
how could a movie be so moving and have a beautiful soundtrack. it always makes me cry every time i watch it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this film, but. . ., May 20 2003
This review is from: Free Willy (VHS Tape)
I enjoyed this film enough to want to buy a copy of the video and the soundtrack. I'm an orca fan who lives in Kansas, a place where marine life is all but completely nonexistent, so I enjoyed all the footage of the wild orcas swimming free in the ocean and Jessie's friendship with Willy. Storywise, this was a great movie. The only problem I have with it is the ending, which I'm afraid gives some people the wrong ideas about setting captive orcas free. Releasing Willy to the ocean was a fine idea in and of itself, but I feel that it could have been portrayed much better.
The end of this movie, while heartwarming, was very unrealistic. Willy has apparently been in captivity long enough to be accustomed to being hand-fed and perform tricks on command, yet upon his release, his instantly bonds with other wild orcas and the next two movies show him living as if he'd never been in captivity. This is far from the truth for most captive-raised whales and dolphins. Rehabilitation is a lengthy and expensive process with no guarantee that an animal will survive in the wild. Keiko, the real Willy, has been in Iceland for five years now and still is dependant on humans for food and companionship.
Other than this, it was a great film. I give it four stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›