boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Auto Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Cycling Tools

Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever
Format: DVDChange
Price:$4.37+$3.49shipping

on June 20, 2014
Big fan of horror type movies and the original Cabin Fever ...but This movie is really bad ... My girlfriend also likes horror and we both watched this and kept looking at each other , like OMG this movie is so crappy. I really don't know what to say except don't bother wasting your time with this one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
How can I possibly put into words just how ungodly awful this film is? I didn't think anyone except Eli Roth could make a film as bad as the original Cabin Fever, but director Ti West makes Roth look like Orson Welles with this amateurish effort. Actually, it turns out that West tried to get his name removed from the credits of the film and basically refuses to claim any part of the film as his own. I certainly can't blame the guy for that because Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever is the kind of film that could and probably should ruin the careers of everyone even remotely associated with it. This is just one humongous, steaming pile of cinematic cow patty here.

So just how to you take one of the horror genre's most disappointing and overrated movies and actually fall to new lows with the sequel? Isn't it obvious? You turn the whole production into the lamest high school horror comedy of all time and top it off with copious amounts of projectile vomiting. That doofus cop from the first film? Make sure he has plenty of scenes in this one. Feel free, of course, to rip off other movies such as Carrie whenever you feel like it. Let's exploit every teenager cliché in the book while we're at it - and make sure there's an overweight young lady that we can openly ridicule. Hey, cameraman, let's do some weird angle shots, especially of that ridiculous-looking teacher with the beehive hairdo - the kids just go crazy for those weird camera angles. Oh, oh, oh! Heeheehee! Let's animate the opening credits and an ending sequence - that'll really mess with viewers' puny little minds. A decent story? What are you smoking? We've got kids projectile vomiting on each other all over the place - we don' need no stinkin' story, amigo!

OK, I have to admit there is actually a story - not much of one, but a story nonetheless. Cabin Fever 2 basically takes place immediately following the events of the first movie. By this point, the contamination has spread to the water supply, and the local bottling company's first shipment of contaminated water goes to the high school - on the day of the prom, no less. That does not bode well for the obligatory party punch, which all the kids will be drinking (actually, thanks to the 12-year-old mentality of the filmmakers, there's an even more disgusting ingredient than the flesh-eating virus that finds its way into the punch). I guess we're supposed to care about the three main characters, but I will leave that option entirely up to each individual viewer.

To sum up, I hated every single thing about this movie. It's an insult to the viewer's intelligence; it's offensive in the way it shamelessly ridicules the outcasts of high school society; its pitiful attempts at humor (mostly juvenile) fail completely; and it relies entirely too much on blood and gore for its appeal to viewers. I'm sorry, but you just can't cover up plot holes with repetitive scenes of teenagers projectile vomiting on each other. Let's just hope and pray that no one ever releases a third entry in this wretched Cabin Fever series.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again