5.0 out of 5 stars loving south park!, Feb. 21 2013
the dvds themselves are amazing! the dvd case was not. very fragile and has already broke. well actually it arrived broken. but the dvds are fine! thank you amazon for always having them in stock and shipping them to me so quickly!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best adult cartoon out there!, March 10 2012
This is the best adult cartoon that has ever been invented. I remember when I was a child I had to sneak behind my father's back if I wanted to watch this show. This show pushes the envelope like no other show has ever done before. The best part is that southpark is still strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars AS "BAD" AS EVER.... MAYBE "WORSE" :P, June 8 2010
Hale & Hardy "M2MM" (Langley, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I still remember the first time I heard about "South Park." My friend called me up laughing her head off, and trying to describe this hilarious new cartoon show where this one little boy "Kenny" gets killed in every episode. Well, being a mother of a pair of young teens, I couldn't see how this could be funny, but I watched it anyways because I knew my kids would hear about it from other kids at school. I was surprised by my reaction to the show! I was laughing out loud! IT WAS FUNNY! HILARIOUSLY FUNNY!

After their dad and I talked about it, we decided that our boys should be able to watch this show too, so we all watched it as a family and it became a really serious vehicle for family discussions of the topics raised. This is the important part! YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW WITH THE KIDS SO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT LATER AND CAN PARTICIPATE IN THAT CONVERSATION. My two boys learned a lot of life lessons from seeing "South Park" and talking with us about it afterwards (sometimes even during).

"South Park" will not turn kids into potty mouths, it will not "warp their fragile little minds," neither will it turn them into violent people. "South Park" is a marvelous vehicle for discussion. It brings up all sorts of subjects and topics that other programs run screaming from, and it does it in a humorous, thought-provoking way. This may not have been Trey Parker and Matt Stone's intention to begin with, but they must be aware of it by now. LOL

Initially, the "bad" words were bleeped out, but in such a way you knew exactly what they were. But now, it's uncensored and it's hardly noticeable when the characters use them, probably because these words are already mainstream in our own culture and it seems pretty natural.

It's really amazing that SP stays so fresh and current, but then WE give them a lot of material with the ridiculousness of our world and the silly and sometimes stupid things that happen all around us. The show is pure genius and continues to teach as well as entertain. And, for those young parents out there. . . any child from the second grade on up can watch this show WITH YOU to guide them. My two boys have both grown up to be good, responsible young men. It's all a matter of staying involved with them, not in the TV shows they watch.

All South Park fans: you have to buy this set! If you aren't a fan, you're missing out on something that is shaping our society, so get the first season and start from there.

South Park: Season 13 [Blu-ray]
South Park: Season 13 [Blu-ray] by Trey Parker (Blu-ray - 2010)
CDN$ 39.99 CDN$ 32.99