4.0 out of 5 stars Good & Smart Charger, The battery is Normal
The charger is very good, and functional. The package is very good. Car charger is a good point. It can test, recharge the batteries very well. However the 2 batteries are normal and their capacity is very much lower that is written on them.

Published on Nov. 6 2011 by Amir

3.0 out of 5 stars This one seem to have its own mind when evaluate(?) batteries...
It looked cool and worked well. The best part is that it shows capacity.
However, I realized this is not that reliable.

Here is the story.
I have several (quite a lot) rechargeable batteries and some were old so I thought those were defected as it showed.
A couple days later, tried some of those again just to make sure because some are not that...
Published 13 months ago by Sabine

4.0 out of 5 stars Good & Smart Charger, The battery is Normal, Nov. 6 2011
This review is from: La Crosse Technology BC500 Alpha Power Battery Charger (Kitchen)

The charger can not work on different modes for different batteries. It will test all the batteries or charge all of them. You can not test 2 of them and charge another one at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, worth the price, Feb. 7 2013
All I wanted was to charge 3 batteries at a time. A little research led me to individual channel chargers, and this was the cheapest one that had decent reviews. It was even cheaper in Canada than in the US.

It did find that about 1/8 of my batteries were faulty, but most of them were ebay specials, so there's a good chance it's correct. Charge times are good, and being able to mix and match is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Smart Charger!, Feb. 28 2013
MAK (BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a great little smart charger. So much better than the garbage department store chargers. Offers 3 modes: Charge, Discharge and Test. Very simple to navigate between the modes and doesn't get very warm. I have read reviews on other models in this companies line that get very hot but this one stays acceptable. I love the fact that I can charge 1 or 3 batteries whenever I want. It even comes with a car charging adapter. It is the perfect entry into the world of smart chargers and a great little travel companion.

Unless you are a tech nerd and want/need all the bells and whistles this charger will do everything you need it to do and more. Save some cash and buy this charger. It is light years ahead of the bare-bones department store chargers that all cost about the same, and in some cases more. Great price for a great unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality charger, April 1 2014
Nice to charge odd or even quantities (1 - 4) of batteries. Seems to be well made, and i like the LCD data it provides - much more useful than a simple red/green LED indicator. Small, lightweight - i leave it on my desk all the time. Does AA and AAA only.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Charger, Jan. 31 2014
This charger is good for properly charging and/or testing your batteries. Does everything as advertised. However the batteries that come with it are garbage. I ran them through the test cycle and they charged ok, discharged showing over 2000 mAh capacity and recharged ok. Went to use the batteries a couple of days later and they were dead as dead gets. It's a shame they put such cheap batteries with a nice product. I'll stick to energizers, I've ran them through the test cycle and recharged those and all is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A world of difference!, Sept. 2 2013
After years of using cheap bulk chargers (about all that's available in stores, regardless of how they 'dress' them up) I finally bit the biscuit and ordered one of these units. Yup, 2x the cost, but 10x better! I spend a lot of time on the road, so decided to get one of these, having 12v input, vs a more expensive/capable unit. Truth of the matter is, while they have more functions, this is all I really need; just fire the batteries in and forget about them.

So far, I'm more than pleased with my purchase and would heartily recommend a BC500 to anyone else looking to buy a small battery charger. ..Willy.

5.0 out of 5 stars AA & AAA charging perfection Small and light - No nonsense charger with oodles of features and light on the wallet, July 29 2013
ts (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I keep it plugged in to my 12v outlet in the trunk of my car with a large bag of rechargeable batteries.
I made sure to purchase electronics that utilize AA & AAA batteries only. I wanted to transition to using only rechargeable batteries.
So I ordered this, then, went to walmart and grabbed an energizer wall charger which came with 4xAA batteries. I also purchased 20 AA and 8AAA rechargeables so I would have a virtually limitless supply of charged batteries. I hope, in roughly 1 year, I will break even; transitioning from expensive lithium batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery charger, May 30 2013
Who doesn't need a battery charger? Very useful, compact and can be plugged anywhere! I will take it with me on my vacation to recharge my camera batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best charger you can get, April 1 2013
I bought this charger to recharge my Sanyo Eneloop batteries and it performs admirably. This is the best charger you can get for the price and the options it comes with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 17 2013
Has more features and does them all better than I expected.
Charges one cell at a time - good for my one-cell walkman.
Wish I knew about this charger long ago.
Very good value.

Hope it lasts and serves me for a long, long time.
We'll see.